autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: BlackFire Wet Diamond Sealant

Quote Originally Posted by S2K View Post
    Do you do the small areas you can't get with the PC by hand before or after you do the large areas by machine?
    Eitherways. My preference is to all the small areas by hand first, then wipe them off as I work around the car. In most cases, as long as the product is not over-applied, BFWD is doesn't care as much about application/removal as we do!

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Very interesting and great info Todd. I was under the assumption that it was like most others - wait until it hazes before removing. I used this a few weeks ago with a great outcome and the client was very happy with the slickness of the paint. Maybe one day I'll get around to applying LSP's by machine vs. hand. Do you know if the gold pads will come over with the BF line? Thanks for sharing.
    I believe the Gold pad is already here? Thank you for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by rider9195 View Post
    I have the Midnight Sun wax, and it does say batch #24. What does that exactly mean?
    IIRC, which I probably don't, the first version (released to the public) was Batch 22. Each Batch is a slightly different formulation. There were 21 previous batches that were rigorously tested prior to the first production Batch (22).

The Batch number isn't synanomous with a run. Both Batch 22 and 23 where fairly short lived (batch 22 being the shorted and rarest). Batch 24, to date, is the longest run, with 1000s being made and sold over the last couple of years.

Batch 25 is the latest, and is almost identical to Batch 24, except a slight change in the carnauba source and polymer content, to increase durability. Look wise it is very similar to 24 (I cannot tell any difference) and durability wise it may last a week longer. It's a small improvement, but at this level you really have to fight for every last percent.

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post

Thank you Todd! Welcome to AG, a lot of us were praying for good opportunitys for both you and Angelo. Thanks so much for adding your knowledge on BFWD. Would removing it before it hazes not be more difficulty (more oily)?

I also thought I'd post this quote. Maybe you can confirm that this quote of a quote is still in context.

Also I've heard people like to leave it on over night if they can (if garaged) before buffing it off.

Very interesting! I had just assumed the midnight sun would be very similar to all my other top shelf waxes. I actually just bought a pot of this. Now I look forward to using it!
    Thanks Corey. Please let me know if I am hijacking!

Wiping it off wet shouldn't product any problems with streaking or oils. The combination of drying agents and Polycharger catalyzer give it almost instant cure time. I like to either wipe it off wet (after 2-4 minutes of dry time) or wait a long time. IF you do get streaks when wiping it off wet, then you can let it set up for a long time (as you alluded to it will pose NO problem if you let it set up over night) and it will buff off completely clean.

Looking forward to your review on Batch 25.

Post Thanks / Like

How would you compare this sealant to Wolfgang or Menzerna Powerlock? How is the shine and slickness in comparison?

Post Thanks / Like

I really couldn't find much difference between Wolfgang DGPS 3.0, Menz Power Lock or Blackfire AFPP, they are very identical in look, slickness, etc. Durability BF might last a bit longer coz the polycharger but i haven't checked for their durability since i rewax every week or so...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ToddHelme View Post

IIRC, which I probably don't, the first version (released to the public) was Batch 22. Each Batch is a slightly different formulation. There were 21 previous batches that were rigorously tested prior to the first production Batch (22).

The Batch number isn't synanomous with a run. Both Batch 22 and 23 where fairly short lived (batch 22 being the shorted and rarest). Batch 24, to date, is the longest run, with 1000s being made and sold over the last couple of years.

Batch 25 is the latest, and is almost identical to Batch 24, except a slight change in the carnauba source and polymer content, to increase durability. Look wise it is very similar to 24 (I cannot tell any difference) and durability wise it may last a week longer. It's a small improvement, but at this level you really have to fight for every last percent.
    Thanks for the explanation! Helped me out
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ITR43 View Post
    How would you compare this sealant to Wolfgang or Menzerna Powerlock? How is the shine and slickness in comparison?
    In slickness BFWD is the winner of those 3 I think... Allthough I have never had them side by side by side.

Looks? Soo subjective so I'll let 50 other people tell you how one looks this way and one looks that way. You will here a lot of how Blackfire has a wet look to it (like a nuba) and I won't argue.

I'll simply say that on the only color of car where I have used both BFWD and MPL I preferred the BFWD as far as looks go.

WG I shouldn't comment on as much in terms of looks because I never applied it to a dark enough paint to fairly judge it.

Polish the paint to perfection and none of the 3 will stop it from looking great!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Corey, just used some BFWD today on an Odyssey and I was keeping in mind your baby powder dusting issue. Happened to me too. I was using a Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe microfiber and it just seemed to pus the powder around. From now on, I'll be using a thicker nap towel to trap the dust as well when taking off BFWD.
    Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    Anyways, a customer with a hummer asked me if there was a surcharge for his hummer. I said yes, it's an SUV. He said quote "well it's an H3, so it's not really an suv".......

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback Kyle

I just used the BFWD next to some UPP and C2 on sunday.

I put it on thinner than ever this time and still got just a bit as always. I reaaaalllly put it on thin. I'll never go thinner than that! Anway, I left it on for a few hours... maybe 4. After I took it off and everything was completely done I hit the car with the Master Blaster for about half a second on each panel and it took care of it.

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Tried the BFWD for the first time this weekend, it dusted a little (used the Megs Ultimate Wipe microfiber also), but not enough to bother me. It did get streaky the next day, but I think it's the humidity, it was over 100 when I applied it. Hit it with some Megs Final Inspection the following day, looks great (ignore the crazy shiny tires, I don't usually go that shiny and I'm possibly going to trade it this weekend, the dealers like shiny tires)

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else noticed it has a scent of bubblegum to it?
    Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugdug View Post
    Anyways, a customer with a hummer asked me if there was a surcharge for his hummer. I said yes, it's an SUV. He said quote "well it's an H3, so it's not really an suv".......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziggo99 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed it has a scent of bubblegum to it?
    Really? I didn't pick that up at all. I'll have to take another sniff. I though it was just petrol.

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast