autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant

After claying and polishing a 2003 silver Toyota Camry I applied a coat of DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant. I applied the liquid according to the directions using my Porter Cable 7424 polisher and a red Lake Country pad.

The sealant went on effortlessly and once it hazed I buffed it to a gorgeous shine. I was really impressed with this product and at the first wash the water beaded like crazy. On or about the 2nd or 3rd wash, 2 to 3 weeks later, I was surprised to see very little or what I call lazy beads of water after rinsing.

The car is garaged at night and hasn't seen harsh washes or any other product that would degrade or remove the sealant. Most of the time I like to add a layer of wax once the sealant has cured overnight but this time I didn't and the DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant was the only protection after polishing.

According to the product writeup one of its accolades is it's longevity.

DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant, polymer paint sealant, auto paint sealant, DP Policoat paint sealant, paint sealer

Has anyone else used this and if so what's your take or conclusions?

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant

I must say I need to try out DP items. They really are the items that I feel PBMA pushes a lot...but are the members don't talk to much about. And when they do its like it was a hidden gem.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for starting up this thread Bobby!

I also have a very similar experience with you. This sealant was very easy to apply and the wipeoff was effortless as well. After removing the sealant, I was left with a glossy and brilliant shine. At this point, I was really happy about my decision regarding this sealant. At my first wash, the water also beaded like crazy and my wash mitt glided smoothly and I'm assuming it was from the sealant. My excitement about this product started to diminish after the 2nd wash. The water wasn't beading as well and it was grouping in much bigger puddles. It just deteriorated from then on out. I'm just not sure now if this product has the longetivity of a sealant.

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the Poli seal on several vehicles now and each time I have been very impressed. The shine of this product is excellent.
    A few weeks ago I corrected and polished a black Jeep Grand Cherokee for a co-worker and the DP Poli Seal was used for the LSP.
    He came in to my office a couple of weeks later to tell me that when he washed the vehicle for the first time he was not prepared for the slickness and great beading properties of the paint.
    I will have to monitor the longevity as time passes. This vehicle is never garaged, so it is a good one to gauge this on.
    Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

I applied Poli-coat to my parents expedtion in late March. It is still beading the same today as it was back in March.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps shaking it very well and putting on a second coat will help ??? Its rather durable in past uses and I used the original formula which was MUCH thicker to work at.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bottle of this sitting in the garage waiting to be used along with many other things !! Thanks for the write up as I always use PB EX Sealant and look to use my DP Poly Seal in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Perhaps shaking it very well and putting on a second coat will help ??? Its rather durable in past uses and I used the original formula which was MUCH thicker to work at.
    Good point Scott.

I did shake it but it's possible that it wasn't mixed thoroughly enough. A second coat should add additional protection however I'm more focused on the solution itself.

Have you had a chance to use the new Detailer’s Pro Series Poli-Coat Paint Sealant?

DP Poli-Coat Paint Sealant, polymer paint sealant, auto paint sealant, DP Policoat paint sealant, paint sealer

Post Thanks / Like

Bobby,

I have to say I had the same thing happen with my Cavalier. I have only washed the car maybe two times after using the DP Poli-Coat. This stuff went on great but after the second wash I too noticed that the beading was almost non-existant. I applied some Optimum Car Wax while drying and the beeding returned as noticed after the next rain. I dont know if this product is breaking down or if it is really still there just in a changed state?
    2013 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4 Kodiak Brown Metallic
    2004 Chevy Cavalier Burnt Orange Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XLNTShine View Post
    Bobby,

I have to say I had the same thing happen with my Cavalier. I have only washed the car maybe two times after using the DP Poli-Coat. This stuff went on great but after the second wash I too noticed that the beading was almost non-existent. I applied some Optimum Car Wax while drying and the beeding returned as noticed after the next rain. I dont know if this product is breaking down or if it is really still there just in a changed state?
    We have sort of a mix here....hmmmmm

What I can tell you is you're using one of the best spray waxes I've ever come across. Optimum Spray Wax is an unbelievable product however the new beading you're seeing is from "it", not the DP Sealant..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast