autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Two of My New Favorite Products

I do not have a fancy review as some others have done but will do one soon.

I have heard a lot of positive feedback about Meguiars D151 and Ultima Tire and Trim Guard. I got to try them both on a brand new Subaru Forester.

Meguiars D151

The product had a great working time and produced outstanding results with a white LC CCS pad on a PC 7424XP. The defect removal was impressive even after removing residual oils. A follow up with the Klaase Twins produced outstanding results. I highly recommend D151

Ultima Tire and Trim Guard

I am a long time 303 AP fan and was reluctant to try something new especially with the cost. However, Ultima Tire and Trim Guard is absolutely fantastic! It is my new "Go To" product for exterior trim. It adds some of the color back to faded trim but what is truly remarkable is the water and dirt repelling capabilities. The best part is you barely use any product so one bottle will go a long way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool thanks for posting
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Two of My New Favorite Products

how did you use a d 151? did you work it in like a polish and let it dry or did you just do it like applying wax?

Post Thanks / Like

I have UTTG on the tires of my detailing van for over 2 months now and the tires still look like brand new tires after several washes and several rain storms. My customers are thoroughly impressed with the performance of UTTG on their car's tires too. Happy customers justifies the cost.

I just placed an order with another bottle of UTTG and have treated the tires of probably 20 cars with the first bottle I had bought. That's just shy of $2 per application, a small price to have pleased customers IMO.

In the order I just placed, there is also a gallon of D-151. I look forward to perfecting the use of it over the next few details.

Post Thanks / Like

D151 is a great product, cuts well, finishes well but I always top it with a wax or sealant. Great reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sal329 View Post
    D151 is a great product, cuts well, finishes well but I always top it with a wax or sealant. Great reviews

I too was very surprised how nicely Meguiar's D151 brought back that new car finish. I've used it with both a rotary and a dual action polisher and amazed at how nice of a product this is.

Even though it's probably fine by itself I always add a protective layer of wax to really make the finish stand out.

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

+3 on the UTTG and a shout out to CeeDog for convincing me to try it. Try his under-the-hood method. You'll be very impressed.

The stuff is amazing. I don't think I've ever seen anyone post that they weren't impressed with the results. I'm using up another product on my car - my wife always asks if I'm gonna use "the good stuff" on her car. It's gotta be pretty good when your wife notices the diff.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the UTTG for all the reasons mentioned above and have always wanted to try the D151, but a gallon is a bit much for my needs.
    Buddy