autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review and Extreme Testing: Opti-Coat 2.0 and CQuartz

Im sorry... but what is highspots?
    Like uneven coating? Like u applied too much product in 1 section/spot?

Post Thanks / Like

High spots are when Opticoat is applied and you don't spread it thin enough fast enough. If you spread it thin enough to where it disappears or can flash pretty quickly it will self level but if you leave a spot too thick for too long it will leave a rainbow colored spot that must be polished to remove it from the surface.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Polished to remove meaning using like a swirl remover? Or something like PO85RD? But i thought these coating are "Permanent"? So polishes can remove coating?

Sorry im just confuse im thinking of coating my DD

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, polishes most certainly remove the coatings. None of them are actually permanent because even paint is not permanent. Rocks and keys, and belts, and polishes, and polishing pads will cut through the coatings.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Yes, polishes most certainly remove the coatings. None of them are actually permanent because even paint is not permanent. Rocks and keys, and belts, and polishes, and polishing pads will cut through the coatings.
    Yup couldn't have been said better myself. Pretty much, it's permanent with respect to car wax; it doesn't come off with normal wash or within x amount of months.
    But a polish literally cuts away at whatever layers you have on the surface right? Just like paint, it will abrade away the "permanent" coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HellDemon View Post
    Yup couldn't have been said better myself. Pretty much, it's permanent with respect to car wax; it doesn't come off with normal wash or within x amount of months.
    But a polish literally cuts away at whatever layers you have on the surface right? Just like paint, it will abrade away the "permanent" coating.
    Thats why i said long time ago, there is no such thing as Permanent coat!, its pure marketing... we say Cquartz is semi permanent since any chemicals cant remove it but mechanic abrasion will.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I missed this in the 17 pages above, but..is there a proper temperature range in which to use Opti-coat 2.0?

Thanks.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Man i cant decide if i like the look with wax on my car or coating....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    Thats why i said long time ago, there is no such thing as Permanent coat!, its pure marketing... we say Cquartz is semi permanent since any chemicals cant remove it but mechanic abrasion will.
    Avi,

I respectfully disagree with your comments. Opti-Coat (2.0) is a clearcoat automotive paint and does not wear off over time like a wax/sealant/nano sealant/nano coating. Therefore, when using car wash soaps, Dawn detergent, IPA, or Prepsol, there is no change in the film thickness of Opti-Coat (2.0) a year later or 5 years later. Just like automotive paint, you need to reapply Opti-Coat (2.0) only if it is removed by polishing, wet sanding, or using paint removers.

Waxes/sealants/nano sealants/nano coatings need to be reapplied since they wear off over time and at best they last a couple of years. However, as the film thickness of temporary coatings diminishes over time, so does the protection they offer. Unlike temporary coatings, once Opti-Coat (2.0) is applied to a surface, it does not wear off and the film thickness does not change over time and neither does its protection. There is no need to reapply Opti-Coat (2.0) unless it is removed intentionally by polishing, sanding, etc. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance or if you need further clarification regarding our "pure marketing".

Regards,
    David
    Last edited by Dr. G; 04-02-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

David

the problem between us is your definition to the word : "Permanent" .:
    dictionary definition:
    permanent [ˈpɜːmənənt]
    adj
    1. existing or intended to exist for an indefinite period a permanent structure
    2. not expected to change for an indefinite time; not temporary a permanent condition

i define it as something which is impossible to remove or change its status/ condition by anything. if its chemicals or abrasion.

if your coat can be easy swirled or scratched or wear off by washing /autocar wash etc , for me its not called permanent.
    if washing opti coated car scratch or wear off slightly during time , for me it means the same.
    we call our coating semi permanent since polish abrasion will remove it (exactly like opti coat) and any other chemicals/alcohol/solvents wont.
    my post wasnt meant to offend you, you have very good product, i admit that. , i just like to say the truth for my products.

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast