autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review and Extreme Testing: Opti-Coat 2.0 and CQuartz

Thanks for the update Corey - You do a fantastic job of following up your reviews with updates at regular intervals.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Hey Corey,

Nice update to this thread!

Is it my imagination or does the Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 sheet much quicker than the Car Pro: CQuartz?

Both are really nice products.

Thanks allot Corey for all the testing and reporting here on Autogeek Forum!
    Thanks a lot Bobby! I appreciate that. You are correct. I found the water to sheet faster for OC on the vertical panels.

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post
    Thanks for the update Corey - You do a fantastic job of following up your reviews with updates at regular intervals.
    Thanks Bill!! I try!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Not to hijack your thread CEE DOG,

But I have been very impressed with Opti-Coat 2.0. When I had BFWD sealant the car would pick up a lot of dust because I live in a very windy area and the dust shows very easily on black paint.

With Opti-Coat, today I drove my car to the gas station and was amazed! All the dust just comes off after I drive and the car literally looked like it had just been washed. Very impressed so far.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey cee,
    Great looking product. I have a question tho. I just purchases a car and when i started looking into a nano coating type product. I first tried aquartz as it looks nearly fool proof but now that I've seem your video.. I was wondering if I can add opticoat on top or would I need to go back down to bare again?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macboi View Post
    Hey cee,
    Great looking product. I have a question tho. I just purchases a car and when i started looking into a nano coating type product. I first tried aquartz as it looks nearly fool proof but now that I've seem your video.. I was wondering if I can add opticoat on top or would I need to go back down to bare again?
    Back to bare
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macboi View Post
    Hey cee,
    Like Doug said: Optimum says you must have a bare surface on the paint before applying Opti-coat.

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

I have to add a link to this thread by KC. Absolutely incredible documentation of the protection Opticoat offers! 20 ways you waste money on your car

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Edit: oops! I meant to post this in Wills thread to answer his question. I was just copying the application video for him.

The first time I used OC I applied it similar to how the AG description still directs today but I learned from Chris that you could apply it similar to a wowa sealant. It's not at all the same because the stakes are higher and you need to make sure it flashes. It's more important that you pay close attention when applying OC. What I mean by wowa is you buff it in, not just wipe it on like some people talk about. You want even coverage which if applied in straight lines (even if you don't see any high spots) I believe there will be invisible ridges on some level. If you were to park outside at night and get condensation then you would be able to see if you had these invisible ridges... Not that they matter if they are invisible I guess. Lol

Here's a video from this thread: Review and Extreme Testing: Opti-Coat 2.0 and CQuartz

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Additional Videos: Opti-Coat 2.0 and Ceramic Quartz

Here is some additional media.

Optimum: Opti-Coat 2.0

The first video shows application of Opti-Coat 2.0. Note the speed at which the product flashes is dependant on the temperature and humidity in my experience. The application to the taillight took place on a separate occasion but was spliced together in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a4637xYAag

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Corey, l see you are you are using a foam applicator. I thought I remembered Chris talking about using this same method of application using a MF pad to help level any high spots.Have you ever tried applying it this way?
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pfix View Post
    Corey, l see you are you are using a foam applicator. I thought I remembered Chris talking about using this same method of application using a MF pad to help level any high spots.Have you ever tried applying it this way?
    I saw him mention that as well. I haven't tried the mf applicator with OC allthough that is what I always use with Optimum and Ultima WOWA polymer sealants. It seems to me it could work well allthough I feel like the OC is a bit sticky for mf. I haven't tried it so really my opinion on using the mf applicator for OC probably isn't valid. I have had great success with the foam applicator to apply and then if I do ever have a little high spot that doesn't buff off I flip the applicator to the dry side and tap the spot to flash it. This works great on cars but on motorcyles (lots of corners) I found when I worked on Adams bike that I use an mf towel because of the intricate corners and details (lack of wide open panels liek a car) Come to think of it the mf applicator might have been a fine idea to try on that bike.

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast