autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DP Odor Eliminator Review

First I want to say thank you to AG for picking myself and two others to review The DP Odor Eliminator product .

To my surprise the package arrived with all 5 scents which included Tropical Breeze, Cinnamon Stick, Cool Mint Chocolate, Just Detailed and French Vanilla. I was only expecting one.

The other 2 gentlemen have already written their reviews of these products and have the instructions on how to use them within their reviews :

DP Odor Eliminator Review (only one I can find)

I chose to do a more working review which is why it has taken as long as it has for me to review.

Experiment 1 :

Deodorization on an Enterprise Rental Car. Heavy oil smell as if oil had been spilled in vehicle or the vehicle was in a shop for a month. After steaming the vehicle there was still a very slight odor left behind. So I sprayed Just Detailed in the vents and throughout the vehicle (using very little product I must add) and went on with my day. I called back about a week later and the manager of that branch stated that the smell was still gone. A + there.

Experiment 2 :

Private Deodorization Job on a newly purchased used Jeep Cherokee. I was called to remove a very heavy smoke smell. I steamed every inch of the vehicle and detailed thoroughly. No Odor Eliminator was used at that point. I get a call back a couple of days later and the customer says that the smell was still there. I show up the next day and used the Tropical Breeze Fogging function. I placed the can in the vehicle, rolled up all windows and set to fog. I came back 2 hours later and opened all windows and doors to let air out. The smell was surprisingly not overwhelming (reiterated by the customer). I called back 3 days later and she said the smell is completely gone. I now have a full detail on her other ride on Tuesday this week . A +

Experiment 3 :

Enterprise Rental Car. Customer left fish in the trunk for 2 consecutive days. This was by far the ultimate test for the DP Odor Eliminators! I steamed and steamed and steamed this ride and there was still a ridonkulous nasty odor left behind. So I decided to fog it with the rest of the Just Detailed. I call the next morning and the smell was still there. I cannot give this product a bad remark on this vehicle though cause it was definitely the worse of the worse odor jobs one can get lol! I would like to say a big thank you to Nick from AG though cause I called him to see if there was anything else I could try..... Ms. Penny said he was on the phone..... but he called me back instantly. Good stuff Nick - preciate the speedy response and help .

The other 3 products have more of a unique smell that I would not put in a customer's vehicle unless requested. But I can say that I have them throughout my home and spritz them here and there.

Pros :

Fogging Function is Awesome - works well!!!

Seems one can could last a while with only a spritz here and there.

Great labeling (except for the typo on the back lol) - which gives a professional appearance when asking the customer which scent they would like.

Cons :

When using the fogging function, it does leave some liquid drip residue in close by areas of the interior (easily cleaned and shined though). Did scare me at first though lol.

Cant think of any other - its an odor eliminator and that is what it did
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP Odor Eliminator Review

Thanks for shareing this with all of us! I have been waiting for thoughts before I make the purchase. Sounds like they worked well for you. What were the recomendations from Ag on the fish smell?

Great review Anthony Thanks again!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post
    Thanks for shareing this with all of us! I have been waiting for thoughts before I make the purchase. Sounds like they worked well for you. What were the recomendations from Ag on the fish smell?

Great review Anthony Thanks again!
    Thanks man. I was told it "should" work..... because it emulsifies the odor molecules or something along that nature and doesn't cover up the smell but eliminates it. I can attest to this for the other tests, but for the fish smell it was not possible and I think Enterprise really needs to replace the interior in that car. IT WAS HORRIBLE!
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Anthony I was just thinking( I know thats dangerous) you used what was left in one can in the fog mode for the fish smell....do you think a full can would have made a bigger difference?
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review...I see a lot of heavy smoke smell in some of the cars I detail. Good to know AG has a product that works on that. Do they have a new leather scent?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Awesome review...I see a lot of heavy smoke smell in some of the cars I detail. Good to know AG has a product that works on that. Do they have a new leather scent?
    Not sure - didnt get that as a sample - but that would be a great idea for sure. I will probably stock up on the just detailed cause it is more of an all around neutral scent - I think it would go over better with customers.
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Not sure - didnt get that as a sample - but that would be a great idea for sure. I will probably stock up on the just detailed cause it is more of an all around neutral scent - I think it would go over better with customers.
    I agree, most people would like a neutral scent. The other two best scent that customers ask for are new car and new leather. Thanks again for the review.....

Post Thanks / Like

Great job Anthony on the review! I can attest to the bad fish smell... I saw him later on that day, (helped with a couple of fleet cars) around 5-6pm and I could tell he was around that ride. Nothing short of a grenade, or a full tank of gas and a match could save that ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TWEEDERTWEEK View Post
    Great job Anthony on the review! I can attest to the bad fish smell... I saw him later on that day, (helped with a couple of fleet cars) around 5-6pm and I could tell he was around that ride. Nothing short of a grenade, or a full tank of gas and a match could save that ride.

LOL - Are you serious?!?!?!?! If you ever smell funk on me please let me know next time lol!
    Bates Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I got some of the tropical breeze with my last order and broke the fogger function, by accident and it was my fault, not the products.

So when you used the fogging function, were there any noticable wet areas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast