autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vapor Clean Gaia - Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by J1nx93 View Post
    That thing looks like it would be great to have. Only if I had that much spare cash!
    Yeah...if I only had spare cash too....credit is a wonderful thing! lol. Thankfully I've gotten enough detailing business so far to pay for it. However, i'm still in the red for my business this year...however I'm booked for the next two weekends so I'm making head way!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJay's View Post
    Yeah...if I only had spare cash too....credit is a wonderful thing! lol. Thankfully I've gotten enough detailing business so far to pay for it. However, i'm still in the red for my business this year...however I'm booked for the next two weekends so I'm making head way!
    I'd like to open a small business myself around here. I'd like to stop bagging groceries haha. It's just a hobby, but if I could make money off of it, that'd be great. Thing is though, nobody cares for their cars around here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J1nx93 View Post
    I'd like to open a small business myself around here. I'd like to stop bagging groceries haha. It's just a hobby, but if I could make money off of it, that'd be great. Thing is though, nobody cares for their cars around here.
    There is a market for everyone. Think about how many cars are in your area....then if you offer a mobile service you expand that area. So, there is a market there you just need to find it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJay's View Post
    There is a market for everyone. Think about how many cars are in your area....then if you offer a mobile service you expand that area. So, there is a market there you just need to find it!
    True. There are SOME people that care about the cars. The majority of them don't care though and they are all dented up. I may look into stuff though. I'd definitely have to buy this Gaia you bought. Good write up, btw!

Post Thanks / Like

as someone seriously considering the gaia right now (thank you tax return) this review was very helpful

Kinda concerned about some of the minor issues you mentioned. but not sure they are enough to deter me. overall it seems like a pretty bad ass unit

edit: Did they give you a stainless steel scrubby ball attachment? like for cleaning ovens? most of the vapor clean units come with it. their website had 1 pic that showed it was included, with the gaia, but others didnt. I asked on the phone yesterday, and they said it was part of the accesory kit for the gaia.
    Last edited by Gurge; 04-13-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

How is it on the exterior like paint?

It looked promising to me at first, but I haven't read good things about customer service. Also for the non-refundable price, I'm concerned about the durability of the accessories. Finally, I wish it documented the vacuum suction power because it sounds weak.

Then I looked around some more and found other commercial stainless steel brands like Daimer with much higher psi, temp and continuous use for about $300 more on sale. Unfortunately there's no vacuum. I wish there was a model with a vacuum in this price point. I'd hate to spend that much to find them coming out with a vacuum model next year. Argh...

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

vx5000 , its a ton more pro and it will easilly last 5+ years. and you dont need extracting, a good pro wet/dry vacuum will get most of the dirt when its DRY , if you start to pour water on it , it will be a "cement" in the lower part of the carpet and it will start to "cut" fiber, should make a drawing
    if you see on Renny Doyle video he show some technique on using the steamer on different areas , actually all over the interior roof to carpet.
    Spot removing unbelievable what heat transfer does , sucks it right up in the cloth, when you do it right. The steamer has its own ways to perform best , and it saves you BIG BUCKS , chemicals etc. just drying time , drive out the car after, no need to heat the car for several hours to dry out. customer can get it back instantly, i had electronics broken in the seat because of a extractor "never happened before" y right. go Steamer and go VX5000 that is $795 at Doyle with a fantastic service , probably will work after you and me is long gone

Post Thanks / Like

SeaJay--any updates on this? I've been toying around with the idea of buying something like this (Gaia) or the more expensive Desiderio. I know Richy's Gaia went out on him and he bought a Mytee Lite, which I'm also considering but there have been so many bad reviews (and just as many good ones).

For the price of the Desiderio I could get into one of the larger Mytee units that seem to be a bit more "pro grade" but that's a little larger and heavier than I'd like.

Post Thanks / Like

What's wrong with vapor chief cuz I was actually thinking about getting one today

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast