autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Review: Kwazar Mercury Pro + 1 Liter Spray Bottle

Kwazar Mercury Pro + 1 Liter Spray Bottle (33 oz.) FREE BONUS!
    Introduction:

Quote Originally Posted by autogeek.net
    Kwazar Mercury Pro + 1 Liter Spray Bottles might be the best sprayers you ever use! Each trigger sprayer delivers twice the output per pump, trimming time and effort off every detail you do. The Kwazar Mercury Pro + 1 Liter Spray Bottle is a professional grade, adjustable, double-action sprayer suitable for any detailing job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon via PMBA
    These extremely durable hand sprayers are imported from Europe and use chemical resistant VITON seals for long life and functionality. The Double-action pump makes spraying easier by releasing fluid on the release of the trigger as well as the pull of the trigger. Now you can apply your product with double the efficiency and the ergonomic design fits your hand perfectly. The fine mist to full stream adjustable nozzle make the sprayers ideal for every project from HazMat clean up to household cleaning to fine misting for agricultural purposes. These are ultra-efficient, durable, high-quality sprayers.

On my last order I decided to splurge and put in a Kwazar Pro spray bottle to see if they are indeed worth the expensive price compared to traditional spray bottles. I also wanted to test out a few major annoyances that I have with my current spray bottles -
    1: If tipped over they leak
    2: Changes in temperature cause them to leak if the nozzle is not completely closed
    3: The spray they produce is very heavy, lots of very large drops not a fine mist needed for products such as QD.
    4: Have a cheap feel, parts fall off when dropped.

Details:
    1.- Packaging: None - They come in 4 different colors, the bottom ring may be removable.

2.- Size: 1 Liter
    3.- Price at time of Review: $16.99
    4.- Manufacturer: Kwazar
    5.- Made in: Poland

Additional products used for prep, during application, or removal:
    1.- SprayMaster Heavy Duty Spray Bottle, Heavy duty sprayer, Spray master, Spray master Sprayer
    2.- Various microfibers

Initial Observations:
    Throughout this review I am comparing the Kwazar to the Spray Master sprayer (on a generic AG bottle).

Immediately upon picking up the Kwazar it feels like an industrial sprayer. The bottle walls are very thick and appear to be made out of nalgene plastic. It is very difficult to compress the sides of the bottle and the sprayer looks beefy enough to withstand a direct impact though I did not try this.

One of the current annoyances that I have with the spray master sprayer is that there is a small piece of plastic that keeps falling out under the trigger, especially if dropped

Another annoyance I have is that the spray master bottles leak if squeezed, tipped over, or their contents warm up and expand (think sitting on a warm driveway). I have even had APC leak all over the rest of my detailing products because the garage got hot causing the contents to force out of the nozzle since it was not completely closed which is not something that I always remember to do. This is a picture of the bottle being gently squeezed while upside down to show what I am describing:

This is the Kwazar under the same conditions. I will reiterate that the wall construction and plastic used is much beefier and very hard to distort.

No leaking so far, this is a good thing. What about when tipped over? It seems that my hose has a preoccupation with knocking over my product bottles when I am not looking and by the time I see them I have lost a significant amount of product.

How about upside down just for kicks:

OK, so the Kwazar is already winning in my book, I have not found a way to make it leak product which is a huge win in my book. On to the spray patterns!

To evaluate the spray patterns, I started with the nozzles fully closed on both sprayers, then backed them off until they produced the finest spray they could manage.

This is the spray pattern left by the Spray Master:

This is the spray pattern left by the Kwazar:

Side by side (Kwazar on left, Spray Master on right):

As you can see, the Kwazar darn near atomizes the spray, where the spray master has very large droplets across the surface. Lets try to see more of what is going on, here are the two actually spraying:

Kwazar

You can see that from the start of the spray to the end it is a very even and very fine mist

Spray Master:

The Spray Master looks like a fire hose in comparison. You can see why there are very large droplets on the surface after using.

For grins, a $0.99 sprayer I picked up from the grocery store:

It is somewhere in between, but dispenses much less product per pull than either the Kwazar of the Spray master. This brings up a good point - the Kwazar is a dual-action sprayer, so as you pull the trigger it sprays, and when you release the trigger and it returns to home position, it sprays again. The trigger pull between the two is negligible, so the Kwazar is putting out much more product per effort, which is why I wanted to try it out. My intended role for this sprayer is pre-soaking before an ONR wash, so I want to be able to dispense a lot of product in a hurry. Now that I have compared the two sprayers side by side, I think the Kwazar is going to have many more roles for me if I can swallow the price, but I will probably pay them off in saved product from tips and spills.

Now for videos of the sprayers in action: (The focus was set to show the spray pattern, not the sprayers)

1: Spray Master:

2: Kwazar:

3: Generic Grocery store bargin:

Conclusions
    The Kwazar sprayers are much more expensive than the spray master sprayer ($6.99 vs $16.99), however, it is in a totally different league of sprayers. The Kwazar is an industrial sprayer through and through made for demanding tasks such as decontamination or agriculture, but with this pedigree it makes one the finest detailing sprayers I have used. From the laboratory grade plastics used, to the thick wall and durable construction, and with the quality of the spray mist it is capable of producing (though it will shoot a jet if you want it to) this is the only sprayer I am going to purchase from now on; and that is before I consider it is dual action, and does not spill or leak which were my primary criteria going into this test.

The feel of the unit is also something that must be highlighted - the plastics used feel great in your hand, they have some grip to them and are generally nothing like the brittle/slick/'cheap feeling' plastics used in the Spay Master. It is similar to dash plastics in cars, there are really good plastics that feel good, and those that just feel cheap in comparison.

No doubt the price is painful even with all of these qualities, but more of the Kwazar sprayers are in my next AG order

Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Kwazar Mercury Pro + 1 Liter Spray Bottle

Great review Legacy! I also have 4 of these and I love them! The only problem I've run across late last year was one of the triggers was getting stuck. I soaked it in some warm soapy water and it seems to be back to normal.

Another thing that I love about them is they don't tip over as easily as some of the regular bottles. Since they have the wide base and the ring on the bottle they are more sturdy. Still tip over if you hit them good with the hose but mine typically just end up sliding around more.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if anybody has ever tried one of these sprayers on the Optimum Hyper Spray products (polish, compound) ....because the ones they ship with are FUBAR. (great product, lousy delivery system)
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I wonder if anybody has ever tried one of these sprayers on the Optimum Hyper Spray products (polish, compound) ....because the ones they ship with are FUBAR. (great product, lousy delivery system)
    I could give it a shot, I just got in the hyper compound/polish
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Bill, Excellent review! The first time I saw the price for these bottles I almost fell from my seat! Your review makes the best argument I've seen to date for paying that price. Honestly I don't think I'll cough it up at this point but it sure is a nice product. Great pictures and video. Watching that double spray in action is neat. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for another great review Bill I wanted to buy these also but the price was holding me back . After reading your review it makes it a lot easier to lay out the money knowing they work so well .

Corey better watch out there is another new sheriff in town doing some great reviews . J/K Corey .
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

That was an insanely nice review. Very thorough. You highlighted and answered all of the questions I had about these so I will definately be buying some now.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. I won two of these sprayers (one small, one large) last year from AG. I did a simple review and then bought four more large bottles. They are worth the cost and I've quickly forgotten the pain that they cost. If I would have bought these from the start, I would have saved even more money because I tried several other sprayers and none have lasted or worked as wall as the Kwazar bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see it as a fun toy but I view it similar fashion to amny Cobra towels. Just not worth it IMO.

On a different note, fantastic review!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    Corey better watch out there is another new sheriff in town doing some great reviews . J/K Corey .
    Ha! No way am I at Corey's level yet, but I have been picking up a lot of tips on reviewing from him. I can also appreciate how much time Corey puts into his reviews after doing a few myself.
    -Bill

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast