autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Hands Down Trim Restorer Hands Down ?????

I tried forever black on my dads ford f150 truck. It took 2 even 4 coats. be sure to take up areas you don't want it on. The product gives a nice black for about 6 months. 8 months later its clear where it was faded before. I am thinking spray paint might be a longer term solution. Maybe forever black with a tire dressing/plastic dressing once a month would help out. Maybe in my next order I will try UTTG,
    Owner of Green Mobile Car Spa
    2002 Chrysler Sebring coupe 3.0liter

Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought a couple bottles of UTTG. I've only used it on one vehicle just cause I wanted to try it out. I'm forcing myself to get through this bottle of Mothers Back To Black before I switch over.

From that one use though, I can definitely tell the UTTG is more my style. I hate having to add more than one coating of a trim dressing...I just think that's a waste of time. The only thing I found kinda strange about it, is that it literally smells like heating oil, ha. I've never had a trim dressing smell that way before. So, that either makes me think it's gonna stay on for quite a while...or wash right off.

But, from what people say about this stuff....it should stick around. It's pricey though! Don't care for that aspect, ha.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher1129 View Post
    I recently bought a couple bottles of UTTG. I've only used it on one vehicle just cause I wanted to try it out. I'm forcing myself to get through this bottle of Mothers Back To Black before I switch over.

From that one use though, I can definitely tell the UTTG is more my style. I hate having to add more than one coating of a trim dressing...I just think that's a waste of time. The only thing I found kinda strange about it, is that it literally smells like heating oil, ha. I've never had a trim dressing smell that way before. So, that either makes me think it's gonna stay on for quite a while...or wash right off.

But, from what people say about this stuff....it should stick around. It's pricey though! Don't care for that aspect, ha.
    Durability is horrible with Mothers, IME.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kris.... That scent is supposed to be their signature scent. UPGP smells like that also. It don't bother me cuz the stuff works so well but one would think apple pie or something to that effect would be a better signature scent. But on the other hand the UWWP smells of delicious blue slushies!!

Post Thanks / Like

for what it's worth, that MEDS stuff i tried this weekend and made a thread about...it has not budged one bit even after a full day and night of rain the day after application.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    Hey Kris.... That scent is supposed to be their signature scent. UPGP smells like that also. It don't bother me cuz the stuff works so well but one would think apple pie or something to that effect would be a better signature scent. But on the other hand the UWWP smells of delicious blue slushies!!
    I don't think it's a bad thing. I just never had that happen before. Doesn't bother me. I still like the stuff so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Durability is horrible with Mothers, IME.
    I hate the stuff. I've noticed that every time I try a trim dressing, and it has that white lotion appearance...it always sucks. So, I'm done with those types of dressings.

I used to get mine from Malco, and I love it. They for whatever reason discontinued it, so I started shopping around. Tried Mothers cause it was in the BOGO. Probably the one time I wish I didn't take advantage of the BOGO, cause now I got two bottles! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Best Hands Down Trim Restorer Hands Down ?????

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    That seems to be UTTG's only downfall, if you want to call it that. If UTTG really darkened faded trim, it would be the best thing since sliced bread.
    I found that over time it does darken the trim,i've been using it on my wifes DD after ever other wash and it really has brought the color back

Post Thanks / Like

I use Black Wow and all I can say is WOW. This stuff is amazing. You can control sheen, color depth, gloss and cleaning. I use it inside dash and underhood. Seems to last about 2-3 months underhood an longer on dash. Very easy to apply (only small amount of product works best).
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    I use Black Wow and all I can say is WOW. This stuff is amazing. You can control sheen, color depth, gloss and cleaning. I use it inside dash and underhood. Seems to last about 2-3 months underhood an longer on dash. Very easy to apply (only small amount of product works best).
    Is Black WOW shinny on a dash? How do you control the sheen? I'm asking this question 3 years later.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast