autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Meg's DA MF system comments...

I hadn't used a traditional DA in a long time, I really got used to the Flex 3401. Anyhow, I polished a car today with the MF system and a Griots DA. The system was pretty effective, I was dealing with some pretty hardcore swirl, and it removed them for the most part. I liked the system, but I didn't like using a DA......continued below...

Sent using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    .....you have to really concentrate on keeping the pad spinning and after getting used to the 3401, it was a real PITA. I tried the MF system with my Flex 3401 and it didn't mesh good at all. While the DA MF system is effective, I'm going to stick to my 3401 and surbuf/m105 combo.

Sent using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meg's DA MF system comments...

Why do you say you had to concentrate on keeping the pad spinning? I have played with this system on both the Griots DA and a PC7424. I had no problems keeping it spinning on either system. Maybe it is because I am more used to a traditional DA and you are using the 3401 pretty much exclusively? Who knows.

Did you take any pics of the vehicle and the results?

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt get to use mine today, had cars all day and an RV tommorrow, will probably be sunday before I get to play with my new toys

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your input Mark, much appreciated. I plan to order and test the system next weekend using the Griot's ROP. Did you only try this system with D300? Did you use D301? How about any other polish?
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    .....you have to really concentrate on keeping the pad spinning and after getting used to the 3401, it was a real PITA. I tried the MF system with my Flex 3401 and it didn't mesh good at all. While the DA MF system is effective, I'm going to stick to my 3401 and surbuf/m105 combo.

Sent using Tapatalk
    I know what you mean. I was using my Flex 3401 with M105 and got tired having to stop around tight spots. So, I went back to using my flex rotary because I could change backing plates on the fly. I found the flex 3401 worked best at finishing with M205. I agree use what you are comfortable with.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting comments but what your saying makes sense to me.

Looking forward to giving them a shot sometime soon.
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.P. Cobra Fan View Post
    Why do you say you had to concentrate on keeping the pad spinning? I have played with this system on both the Griots DA and a PC7424. I had no problems keeping it spinning on either system. Maybe it is because I am more used to a traditional DA and you are using the 3401 pretty much exclusively? Who knows.

Did you take any pics of the vehicle and the results?
    I didn't have problems keeping to pad rotating on flat surfaces. However, and any type of uneven surface or curve, the pad will stop spinning. This happened MANY times, and it really got annoying. Plus, if you don't put enough pressure with a DA, the pad will just vibrate. I think polishing is SO much easier with the 3401, because you can throw all these nuances out the window. Keep the pad flat and polish, simple as that. Much more consistent, IMO. I guess I'm just used to the 3401.

No pics, had no time.

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Thanks for your input Mark, much appreciated. I plan to order and test the system next weekend using the Griot's ROP. Did you only try this system with D300? Did you use D301? How about any other polish?
    I used both, Richard. Didn't try any other polishes.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

i am getting more and more excited about this system and can not wait til i have the extra money to try it out. since i do not have a flex it should be easier for me to use this then it was for you from the way it sounds. if you are looking to unload it send a pm letting me know what you got and what you are looking to get for it. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Thats interresting Mark, thanks for the input. I just did a small review with a few pics of D300. I think it will have a serious place in my arsenal but time will tell.

I understand what you are talking about going from Flex to a traditional DA being more "work" from the stand point you have to pay much more attention on keeping the pad rotating.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast