autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking 303 fabric Cleaner

I tried my 303 Fabric cleaner today and I'm not happy. First I will say this the product worked fantastic! Here’s what bothers me..lol I mixed 1oz in a spray bottle and misted the back of the drivers side back seat.

The seat looked ok but I did see a small "dirty" spot. Well this stuff got all the crude out until the towel went totally brown. Remember this is only part of one seat back. They didn't really look that dirty but now I know.

I have a lot of work to do on this vehicles seats! Here's what the towel looks like after the first pass. May be time for a steam cleaner. I wonder what the PO did in this thing.

I will do one seat half and half and post a pic of what the before and after is. Going to wait till the weekend to finnish now I know what I'm up against.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 303 fabric Cleaner

Might want to vacuum the seats first. Even if its from dust, it will smear all over the place. That may have been why the towel looks like that.

Hope the seats weren't brown and its actually dye.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tfullercdi View Post
    Hope the seats weren't brown and its actually dye.....
    My thought as well. So what color are the seats?
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Nope not dye at all the seat are a grey color. I did noticed a few coffee or coco stains up front so I'm wondering if that what was spilled in the back. The spot I cleaned in the front dried back to the natural color.
    I as thinking a lot of it may be from red clay dust. I did vacuum the seats once but plan on another slow and long vacuum job this time.

Post Thanks / Like

So is 303 that good?
    I don't want it to look wet, I want it to look Soaked!

Post Thanks / Like

It sure seams to be that good. The seat is dry now and looks great. I folded it down and noticed a stain running half way down the side. I'm gonna hit that and then take pics. I think I didn't notice how bad it was due to the fact it was covered in this mess. It does look like a coffee type stain. The other spot I cleaned was a stand alone spot and it cleaned up good and didn't leave the fabric discolored at all.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the difference between fabric cleaner and the carpet/upholstery cleaner? Sounds like the same thing...

From the AG description:
    You can use 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover on flooring, carpeting, fabric car seats, indoor furniture and carpeting, pet beds, curtains, fabric tablecloths

Post Thanks / Like

unfortunately good products can sometimes amplify areas needing extra attention.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audilover View Post
    What's the difference between fabric cleaner and the carpet/upholstery cleaner? Sounds like the same thing...

From the AG description:
    You can use 303 Cleaner and Spot Remover on flooring, carpeting, fabric car seats, indoor furniture and carpeting, pet beds, curtains, fabric tablecloths
    I have used this on spots on the carpet too and it removed a rust spot stain. I think most carpet cleaner products are foaming so they lift dirt out of the deep fibers of the carpet.

"unfortunately good products can sometimes amplify areas needing extra attention."

So true but I'm glad to get it taken care of.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audilover View Post

From the AG description:
    the carpet/upholstery cleaner is pre-diluted. the fabric cleaner need diluting.

I have 2 bottle of the carpet/upholstery cleaner and it is a great product at an amazing value. pretty fool proof, the instructions are spot on.

the carpet/upholstery cleaner has a foaming option on the sprayer. Just pull out if you want to use minimal product and wait while it lifts the dirt up out of the fabric. I recommend you do this if your working on sensitive carpet that you do not want to use a brush on. foam, wait, then blot and wipe with a plush MF towel. (be sure not to oversoak the area though or it wont lift)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast