autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax

Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Car Wax contains real carnauba wax and paint sealant polymers to protect paint. ultimate show car wax, auto wax, paste wax,

Just received my mini serving of Fuzion. So Today I got to test it out. For my tests i used a 1987 BMW 325is painted in Le Mans Blue Metallic. This is one of my personal cars and it has been well taken care of but i decided today that i would really give it a good working.

The Product:

From AG
    Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax is a hand-crafted blend of carnauba wax, German Super Polymers, and proprietary ingredients that yield unequaled shine and protection. Our unique formula fuses the best attributes of carnauba wax and paint sealants to create the ultimate car wax. Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax has been enhanced with more glossifiers for a more intense wet look and improved slickness.

Introduction:

First impression was good. the product smells great and comes in a nice either glass or heavy duty plastic bin. I got the mini version so mine is different then the full size wooden box experience.

I actually went ahead and weighed the wax and I was given exactly 3.0 oz like AG says.

for my tests i will be comparing this to p21s concours. which i feel is a fair competitor. they are both "Beauty Waxes". surely the P21s is MUCH MUCH cheaper, but thats what comparisons are about.

The wax appears very hard in the container but soon as i rubbed an applicator pad over it i quickly saw it was absorbing it.

The Test and Conclusion:
    First I used a yellow pad and Meguiars #105 to cut the hood, there were some stubborn scratches. This easily took care of them. Followed it up with Meguiars #205 on a white pad and then buffed smooth. Then I used a Green pad with Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze and after that a Gray pad with Klasse High Gloss Sealant.

You are probably saying, Jesus. Whats the point of the wax. well i want to put them to the test. Any wax can make a beaten car with dry neglected paint look stunning. this car already looks good. So I decided what better place to test to beauty waxes then on a car that looks great already.

So I let the klasse sit over night on the hood. came back today and buffed it off. let it sit for an hour or so while the garage heated up a bit (to around 60-64 degrees)

Once it was warmer i grabbed my wax (they were stored inside at around 68-73 degrees)
    I taped off a center line on the hood and went to work. gently applying the fuzion first.

The Fuzion went on easily, its clearer then the P21s, but it goes on buttery smooth. Also a little product goes a very long way. more so than the P21s which IMO goes a long way.

So I applied that and then went to the other side to apply the P21s. both were applied by hand with Red CCS Hand Applicators. I used brand new MF towels for each side as well.

once i had finished the other side of the hood i went back and buffed off the Fuzion. It removed very easily. I didnt notice i had to turn the towel more often then I needed to with other waxes. Maybe i used a little too much? I dont know.

Anyway moving on, I then buffed off the P21s and stepped back to observe.

They look identical. So why dont we get out some photographic lights and take some color readings. (sorry no pics of this, didnt have my tripod.)

They were both identical. the Pantone Color values i got were the same for each side.
    Which was actually expected, this verifies there isn't anything in the waxes that boosts or changes color. or perhaps its in both of them... I used a color munki color calibration system to give me pantone color codes from the paint. the same way i might calibrate a printer.

So I moved on to test some water beading and sheeting.

No discernible difference. They still appear exactly the same.

So I took the car outside, let it run and got some heat under the hood. once the hood reached 95 degrees, I did a few walk arounds to see if i could see any difference between the two. Nope.

I brought it back into the garage and decided that as beauty waxes. meaning longevity/durability is no object. these waxes produce very similar results on this vehicle.

I cannot say that the Fuzion gives any more depth and pop to the paint then the P21s Concours does. Perhaps the Fuzion lasts longer. but it would need to last 2 to 3 times as long as the P21s in order to possibly be justifiable.

The Fuzion is $175 for 8 ounces + 1 free refill for a total of 16 ounces. or $10.93 an ounce
    The P21s Concours is $33.99 for 6.4 ounces. or $5.31 an ounce
    For three 6.4oz jars of P21s Concours it is around $102. Which would be almost 20 ounces.

Is Fuzion worth it? Unless it lasts for 2-3 months, No.

Fuzion is an awesome product. If you like it and can justify the price tag. GO FOR IT.
    I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Fuzion gave noticeable depth and gloss/wet look to the paint. but so did the P21s.

I did not test the durability of these waxes. That may be Fuzion's strong point. I do not know. What I do know is that in the idea of a beauty wax which is what i tested this for. It did not out perform something that by the ounce is half the price.

I tested it as a beauty wax because IMO i would use something like this on a show car.

But in my tests I did not find it any easier to apply or remove then the competitor. Although I will say Fuzion smells 1,000X's better.

All of that said i will be doing the whole car in this tomorrow as well as using it on other colors. I have a white car i can try it on and test durability.

In conclusion if you are looking for a great finish at a great price. try the P21s Concours.

Products tested:

P21s Wax, P21s concours carnauba wax, p21s carnauba wax, carnauba wax, car wax

Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Car Wax contains real carnauba wax and paint sealant polymers to protect paint. ultimate show car wax, auto wax, paste wax,

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax

Andrew, I think I have to agree with you about Fuzion. It's a wonderful wax--no doubt about it. I love how easy it is to apply. I love the way it smells. I love the way it looks. But does it look three times better than the waxes that cost one-third the cost? No, I don't think so. If one were to do a blind test between two identically prepped cars of the same color and model, one waxed in Fuzion and one sealed in Blackfire Wet Diamond, I really do not think that 99% of people would be able to discern a difference.

I love Fuzion. I purchased my tub when it was on sale two years ago at half-price. I think it's a great wax and I heartily recommend it. But if one is tempted to buy it, wait until it goes on sale!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see it tested again without the glaze and Klasse to see if outcome was similar.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akimel View Post
    Andrew, I think I have to agree with you about Fuzion. It's a wonderful wax--no doubt about it. I love how easy it is to apply. I love the way it smells. I love the way it looks. But does it look three times better than the waxes that cost one-third the cost? No, I don't think so. If one were to do a blind test between two identically prepped cars of the same color and model, one waxed in Fuzion and one sealed in Blackfire Wet Diamond, I really do not think that 99% of people would be able to discern a difference.

I love Fuzion. I purchased my tub when it was on sale two years ago at half-price. I think it's a great wax and I heartily recommend it. But if one is tempted to buy it, wait until it goes on sale!
    well said

Post Thanks / Like

Id take Collonite #915 over both of them. I live in snow and salt country in western NY. Nothing I have tried over the years touches Collonite. It lasts about 6 months in conditions you sun belt boys have never seen. For my money its without equal for protection and it looks amazing too.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Clearly you spent a lot of time taking photographs and making scientific comparisons between these two waxes. Why not post the pictures and some charts that demonstrate your findings? Sorry, but otherwise this review just doesn't work.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to get too far off topic, but you put Klasse SG right on top of Meg's #7?? I've never tried that because I've always been told that SG is very finicky about bonding, so I am careful about the surface I apply it to, but seemingly there would be no way that would work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toxygene View Post
    Clearly you spent a lot of time taking photographs and making scientific comparisons between these two waxes. Why not post the pictures and some charts that demonstrate your findings? Sorry, but otherwise this review just doesn't work.
    Does that mean that everyone who posts a review without pics and charts is posting an invalid review?

I thought this was an excellent review. In fact, his methodology may have been better than most.

Nice review, thank you for your findings.
    The “frozen concepts” reasoning runs contrary to one of the most fundamental principles of constitutional interpretation: that our Constitution is a living tree which, by way of progressive interpretation, accommodates and addresses the realities of modern life.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand the desire to see photographs, but I really do not think they tell us anything about waxes and sealants. They do not capture what we think we are seeing: they do not capture the nuances of depth, wetness, and gloss. Moreover, the quality of the photograph is dependent on the camera, lighting conditions, and the skill of the photographer. I do not own a high caliber camera, and I lack all photographic skill. I have taken dozens of photographs of my car dressed in different waxes. She always looks the same. So why bother?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toxygene View Post
    Sorry, but otherwise this review just doesn't work.
    Spoken like someone who simply doesn't want to consider the possibility that there may be more cost effective alternatives to the fuzion marketing hype. If it works for you and you are willing to pay the price, don't let the opinions and reviews of those who may not agree bother you so much.

This was an outstanding review of the two waxes and was present in a very straight forward manner.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast