autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus

And now we have a new DP WW Concentrate too! IMO UWW+ is still the Champ!
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Corey, thanks for the clear and thorough explanation

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    My question would be, why would you want to spray the panel?
    Well, actually I have two things in my mind.
    First, I am thinking when I get home and my car is wet because of the rain and I want to wash it. If the car is not too dirty, probably I can just spray the UWWP and get the car cleaned. But if the car is quite dirty, I will rinse the car to get rid of the rain water and dirt first before I use UWWP.

Secondly is when I get home and my car is covered with dust. I might rinse it first with water to let go the dust first before using UWWP (just for the piece of mind).

In any case above, it means that I will have some amount of water before using UWWP. The reason to use the UWWP is of course to use less water and time (compared with washing the car in a conventional way - 2 bucket method).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Kurt, if you want to make the brake dust so it will rinse off, use DG 501 over DG 601.
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Post Thanks / Like

Great review as usual Corey, thanks. I like the shine it leaves also, that kind of surprised me the first time and I agree, my QDs are pretty much history!

You and OT sold me on this stuff a while back, I couldn't have a car without it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

A member of AG messaged me about some things which caused me to realize my method has changed from what I described in this review.

This is the method I use on my Sky if I want to remove a couple days of dust after it sits in the garage. If you car sits outside and has moisture contacting it the dust is no longer dust (but partially bonded material) and a waterless wash may not be the correct solution.

The biggest change in my method is to complete an entire panel at one time. One of the reasons is I don't want to re-contaminate my towel or clean section.

I thought I would post this portion of my reply to the pm.

Currently my method is this: I spray 1 panel down with UWWP. Then I take my mf towel and drag very lightly with no pressure whatsoever in straight lines. After a drag or two I flip the towl to a fresh side and repeat till the panel is complete. This first step is intended to remove all of the very loose dust and contamination.

Next I take a fresh towel or fresh side of a towel and start over on that same panel but this time I apply gentle pressure... just enough to get the remainder of the UWW residue off. If you have very soft paint then you could try spraying the panel again before this gentle pressure step. This second step is intended to get any and all dust and contamination that wasn't picked up on the first pass.

Lastly I once again start over but this time with a dry towel. You might subsitute a dry towel for one with just a spray or two of UWW for lubrication if you have marr happy paint. This 3rd step is intended to remove any streaking or residue from the over application of waterless wash solution.

Post Thanks / Like
    If Corey was all of our science teachers in high school, the US would turn out the most scientists and engineers in the world.

Thanks for all you add to the forum.
    2016 Porsche Boxster Black Edition 6MT Sports Suspension
    2013 BMW 228i Alpine White Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Awesome review Corey. Thanks for this..You just made up my mind

Does the concentrate come with the empty 22 oz bottle?
    Sadly, no it does not come with the sprayer when you buy it from AG

Kind of disappointed about that, but it is still a great product and excellent value.
    Since I have to use one of my 32oz spray bottles, I asked Ultima about the dilution, and they said to use 0.5 - 0.75 oz per 32oz but not more that 0.75oz or it may cause streaking problems
    Accomplishment and success are often the result of commitment and perseverance rather than skill or talent.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently started using the Ultima WW+, as I had the concentrate bottle just collecting dust. Theres no doubt that this product is the best one for me out of my collection. The part that really stands out is how its not at all grabby when wiping over a wet doorjam or panel. For me the other 2 WW products that I own (both popular and available at AG) dont feel as slippery on the initial wipe to remove the dirt. I feel the most safe using the Ultima product to use it for its intended purpose. I think the next best product is the DP waterless wash. I'm a huge fan or Optimum but I'm less than pleased with there Opti-Clean because of how grabby it feels when spreading over the panel. the only time if feels slippery is after its all buffed off. I would like to see Optimum improve the formula and make it feel closer to there ONR QD dilution mix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRivers View Post
    Sadly, no it does not come with the sprayer when you buy it from AG

Kind of disappointed about that, but it is still a great product and excellent value.
    Since I have to use one of my 32oz spray bottles, I asked Ultima about the dilution, and they said to use 0.5 - 0.75 oz per 32oz but not more that 0.75oz or it may cause streaking problems
    If they're recommending 0.5 oz in a 22 oz bottle, you're looking at a dilution ratio of 1:43 (0.5:21.5 for 22 oz of product). So for a 32 oz bottle, you'd need 0.73 concentrate mixed with 31.27 oz water to make 32 oz of solution.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered UWWP, UWWP + and joined this forum because of this solid review. Thanks.
    08 Bullitt 9 psi Turbo

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast