autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Morning of Experiments: Optimum Hyper Polish, M205, M09 and D151

Thanks, awesome writeup!

I was just considering ordering OHP this morning but now I think I am sticking with M205. I should venture out and play with it like you are though, looks fun.

I realize a different pad, product combo may make a difference. But the results here are pretty interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

i been seeing a few comments about how well 205 is taking out swirl marks. from what i am reading 205 is more of a light cut polish when need be but still a finishing polish.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you have four of each pads? If not, how did you prevent the cross contamination of the pads? Would your results be different if you had the order of application different?

Post Thanks / Like

I love doing this kind of testing. Thanks for posting your results. Recently I have been working with a bus sales company who only wants the buses to be brightened up and protected. He doesn't care if they have swirls or not. On the other hand he doesn't care that I play around with testing different products and processes on the buses either. I have a lot of fun with it between paying jobs and also get a better understanding of my many different products. I call it R&D work.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Great review! Thanks for the effort. I agree with you that the M205 has surprising results. I guess it's the SMAT technology and being able to work the product as long as you can.
    My pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by WestEnd View Post
    Thanks, awesome writeup!

I was just considering ordering OHP this morning but now I think I am sticking with M205. I should venture out and play with it like you are though, looks fun.

I realize a different pad, product combo may make a difference. But the results here are pretty interesting.
    Indeed, experimenting is enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by detailgod View Post
    i been seeing a few comments about how well 205 is taking out swirl marks. from what i am reading 205 is more of a light cut polish when need be but still a finishing polish.
    Yeah, with what I've tried it on 205 has done a nice job at removing swirl marks.

Quote Originally Posted by sontakke View Post
    Did you have four of each pads? If not, how did you prevent the cross contamination of the pads? Would your results be different if you had the order of application different?
    No, I only had one of each pad, but I washed the pad after each use so I was always working with a clean pad (but golly, having more pads, and thus less washing to do, would have been awesome!).

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I love doing this kind of testing. Thanks for posting your results. Recently I have been working with a bus sales company who only wants the buses to be brightened up and protected. He doesn't care if they have swirls or not. On the other hand he doesn't care that I play around with testing different products and processes on the buses either. I have a lot of fun with it between paying jobs and also get a better understanding of my many different products. I call it R&D work.
    Yeah, I enjoy being able to do side by side tests of different products. That's a pretty cool opportunity you have with the buses to try out your different products! I must admit, I'm a bit jealous.
    .::.::.::.::.
    Soli Deo Gloria

Post Thanks / Like

How in the world did a finishing pad remove more swirls than a polishing pad?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for taking the time to show the results of your product test. Another option that I use as an all in one step polish is Menzerna PO 203S. Used with a green pad and Porter cable DA polisher, it knocks down light swirls really nice.
    Last edited by pwcheenie; 10-14-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Error

Post Thanks / Like

Nice test! I havent compared them, but I had very good results with the OHP and a Tangerine Hydro Tech pad on my XLR. Had to get the new OHC out for a fender. IMO this polish works best with Hydro Tech pads. Thankfully I dont have to do much paint correction on either vehicle.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Post Thanks / Like

Great write-up. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    How in the world did a finishing pad remove more swirls than a polishing pad?
    Possibly pad-induced swirls? I'm guessing it took out the heavier swirl marks, but left lighter swirls that would polish out with a finishing pad and a light polish.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast