autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748

Thread: Blind Samples

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blind Samples

My apologies, I left my little cheat sheet at home again and I wouldn't want to guess wrong. I should have your answer around 5.
    Famous last words of a redneck- "Hold my beer, watch this "

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snowking724 View Post
    My apologies, I left my little cheat sheet at home again and I wouldn't want to guess wrong. I should have your answer around 5.

It's ok haha "cheat sheet"! Take your time. I am doing a review on PB Polish and Sealant now. (1 step)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigaizsosexy View Post
    It's ok haha "cheat sheet"! Take your time. I am doing a review on PB Polish and Sealant now. (1 step)
    Here we go! Sealant #1=DP Poli-Coat. I found this to go on easy and haze up pretty well, with removal being a bit more effort than some others. Not quite difficult, just didn't wipe right off like others.
    Sealant #2=Prima Epic. This one is a joy to work with, much like all their products seem to be. Easy on, easy off and looks great. I started a test with these two just before winter and the Epic seemed to have a little more life to it over time.
    I hope this was fun and did you have any guesses as to what each product was?

Post Thanks / Like

My guess work to the second one was Wolf Gang Paint Sealant 3.0.....I was wrong haha. It was fun and I'd love to do it again!

Post Thanks / Like

I will be posting up information on my samples next weekend. I have been so busy with work and getting ready for my father's wedding I just haven't had time to try the wax on my car. I'm leaving for New York tonight and I will be back next Tuesday. I plan to wash, clay, and apply the wax to my car the day that I get back. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Post Thanks / Like

First I would like to thank Tim for being gracious enough to send out these samples so people can try different products. I finally got some time to play with the spray wax samples I was sent.

Initial observations

Appearance- #1 Clear, #2 Milky color

Viscosity- both thin like water

Smell- #1 real chemical smell, smells like bug spray to me
    #2 Chemical smell also but not as bad as #1

Application

I have DG111 on my car and applied the spray waxes over it after an ONR wash.

I applied #1 to passenger top quarter of my hood and #2 to the driver top quarter.

I applied about 3 or 4 squirts, spread around with folded MF towel and turned over and buffed with fresh side.
    Both products went on easy with no streaking.

Appearance

Honestly I really couldn't tell any difference in looks between the two products. They were just a miniscule amount darker than the DG111 and muted the flake just a tad.

Slickness

#2 was a tad bit slicker than #1

Water beading

I then backed the car out of the garage and into the sun and sprayed the hood down with water.

Both beaded about equally, #1 did tend to sheet a little more and the beads of #2 may have been a little tighter.

#1 on top left, #2 on top right

Drying aid

I then sprayed some of the product on there respective side of the wet hood and dried with WW towel. Both products worked equally well with no streaking and no water spots. I'm gonna try these again next time I give her a full wash.

Final Thoughts

I found both these waxes almost exactly the same, If I was to pick one I would have to say #2 mainly b/c of the strong smell of #1 and the slightly more slickness of #2.

thanks again Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome for the samples. I just find this to be a fun little exercise for trying new things. Sample #1 is 1Z Spray Wax, I really like the look of this product but I have found it to be somewhat grabby when first applied. This could be due to using too much since it's not the greatest sprayer but I'm not sure. Anyway, the looks are what I enjoyed the most about it. Sample #2 is Pinnacle XMT Spray Wax, I think it is very underrated. You don't hear much about it but it is my current go to drying aid. It leaves no water spots and wipes of easily when used while drying or when already dry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snowking724 View Post

Each person will receive a sample of two products in the same category. This way they can experience two products and how they may work differently but with any luck, still be quite good. Oh, and I may or may not have used a dry erase marker on the bottles so if there are any ? on what the products are or there application just ask.

Car Wash Blind Samples: A Review

A couple of weeks ago, Snowking (Tim) sent me 2 samples of car washes; the containers are on the far right in the above pic. The daily monsoon rains have slowed down finally here in Denver so I used both samples today.

The first is a thick, clear yellow liquid with kind of a 'fresh' scent like advertised in liquid laundry detergents. The second is a white color with a consistency like milk; it smelled vaguely of lemon. I used sample #1 on my '11 Toy Avalon which hadn't been washed nor driven much since the rains began. Sample #2 was used on our DD, an '05 Sienna van; the cars are garaged.

Both samples were mixed in 5 gallon buckets with 3 gallons of warm water, as per Tim's directions. A rinse bucket has the grit guard for the chenille wash mitt. Plenty of suds were produced by both soaps, and although the bubbles disappeared after a couple of minutes some agitation with my hand brought plenty of new ones. Both cleaned the paint equally well but sample #1 left an odd looking layer of film on the paint after I rinsed, but it came off fine with the drying cloth. #2 rinsed cleaner. As far as lubricity, they both felt about the same during the washes, taking the dirt away but not the kamikaze bugs on the hoods.

In conclusion, I'd give sample #2 the nod, only because of the cleaner rinsing. I don't know what the soaps are; I use Meg's GC Car Wash routinely. Not long ago I read someone's review of DP auto bath shampoo, & sample #1 sounded somewhat like the soap in that review, but we'll have to wait for Snowking to lift the curtain on the mystery names. Thanks for sending the samples to me Tim, I appreciate it.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belair View Post
    Car Wash Blind Samples: A Review

A couple of weeks ago, Snowking (Tim) sent me 2 samples of car washes; the containers are on the far right in the above pic. The daily monsoon rains have slowed down finally here in Denver so I used both samples today.

The first is a thick, clear yellow liquid with kind of a 'fresh' scent like advertised in liquid laundry detergents. The second is a white color with a consistency like milk; it smelled vaguely of lemon. I used sample #1 on my '11 Toy Avalon which hadn't been washed nor driven much since the rains began. Sample #2 was used on our DD, an '05 Sienna van; the cars are garaged.

Both samples were mixed in 5 gallon buckets with 3 gallons of warm water, as per Tim's directions. A rinse bucket has the grit guard for the chenille wash mitt. Plenty of suds were produced by both soaps, and although the bubbles disappeared after a couple of minutes some agitation with my hand brought plenty of new ones. Both cleaned the paint equally well but sample #1 left an odd looking layer of film on the paint after I rinsed, but it came off fine with the drying cloth. #2 rinsed cleaner. As far as lubricity, they both felt about the same during the washes, taking the dirt away but not the kamikaze bugs on the hoods.

In conclusion, I'd give sample #2 the nod, only because of the cleaner rinsing. I don't know what the soaps are; I use Meg's GC Car Wash routinely. Not long ago I read someone's review of DP auto bath shampoo, & sample #1 sounded somewhat like the soap in that review, but we'll have to wait for Snowking to lift the curtain on the mystery names. Thanks for sending the samples to me Tim, I appreciate it.

Joe
    Back from vaca! Sample #1 is Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss. I really enjoy this soap from the dilution ratio option to the smell. The small amount I gave you is LSP safe and cleans well. I haven't experienced any film but the conditions may have been different when you used it. At an ounce per gallon this soap has done well removing priop LSP's and cleaning the paint for correction, or re-wax. Sample #2 is Pinnacle XMT Gel S+C. This soap hasn't produced the suds like some others but we all know this isn't what's important, although I prefer suds. It cleans well and rinses ok, I've had to do an extra rinse with this one. Of the two, I prefer the first for many reasons but thought some other opinions are always good. Thanks for taking part, hope you enjoyed.

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748