autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimums Opti-Coat

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Scott..I've tested it too against Aquartz on my Infiniti FX35. I had missed a small mark and discovered it several days later (under the side mirror). I took a mf with some DG 501 and it removed it effortlessly and still retained its qualities. Don't reach for your Menzerna quite yet bud. Try DG 501 first. The other observation I made was in terms of slickness, it improved after a day or two. I have now tested Opti Coat, Aquartz and Cquartz. I can provide links to the tests if anyone is interested, although they are not on this forum. Since you can't buy it here, I did not post it here.
    I ran outside this morning with camera in hopes of seeing all those little crazy beads from the morning dew. NOPE, none, nada .... the one evening where I actually would not have minded a little dew on the daily driver and zippo. Well perhaps tomorrow morning.

I have seen your reviews on the other forums for the other coating systems. It seems Opti-coat is the easiest and most flexible to apply/remove effortlessly (I cannot imagine getting a heat gun out myself). Thanks for the idea on hand cleanup, I was also wondering if something like this might work. So you dont need to reapply another coat in this area afterwards ??

I do know that Meghan took a shot at carrying the Aquartz line and it did not work out at least currently. I do want to grab a bottle of Reload and wonder if it might work over Opti-coat too. Hmm ???

Anyone found great results using Optimums Quick Detailer over Opti-coat too ??

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    I ran outside this morning with camera in hopes of seeing all those little crazy beads from the morning dew. NOPE, none, nada .... the one evening where I actually would not have minded a little dew on the daily driver and zippo. Well perhaps tomorrow morning.

I have seen your reviews on the other forums for the other coating systems. It seems Opti-coat is the easiest and most flexible to apply/remove effortlessly (I cannot imagine getting a heat gun out myself). Thanks for the idea on hand cleanup, I was also wondering if something like this might work. So you dont need to reapply another coat in this area afterwards ??

I do know that Meghan took a shot at carrying the Aquartz line and it did not work out at least currently. I do want to grab a bottle of Reload and wonder if it might work over Opti-coat too. Hmm ???

OC will not bead like a wax does. It shows its stuff when it is hit with a lot of water. It just disappears. Use a leaf blower in combo with washing and your drying towel will shed tears from lack of use, LOL. The heat gun was for the Aquartz. Cquartz EASIER to use than even OC is, I found.
    As far as the spot that was removed, no, I did not reapply b/c I tested it with water and it reacted the same way as the rest of the panel. DG AW looks amazing over OC or any of them! I find that doing an ONR wash does the trick much more often now as dirt does not stick to it as easily as before. I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts on it Scott.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cobraa View Post
    I see. I think it's stupid. Anyways, why would I want to apply a 100$ protection that's suppose to last 3 years to a customer? I prefer to put Klasse that last 6 months and every 1 or half year, he comes back for a clay+ sealant treatment. And for ourself, we, at AG, detailing maniac, you think we wouldn't polish-detail every year our cars for a refresh haha? It's Ok, optimum can keep their secret formula for themself
    How about from a marketing standpoint? Think of how you can market this type of protection plus the potential revenue. Open your mind a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    How about from a marketing standpoint? Think of how you can market this type of protection plus the potential revenue. Open your mind a little.
    This is absolutely correct.

Just because Opti-Coat is a permanent coating does not mean your clients cars do not need upkeep. I have been applying Opti-Coat to cars now for years and they all come back to us for monthly and many for weekly washes. It does not mean you're putting yourself out of work but rather look at it as opening up more roads for revenue.

For example, we get a new Porsche in the shop and the client asks, "What's do you recommend for protection, a good paste wax?" This then allows us to explain the 3 types of protection we offer. 1) a carnauba wax 2) a polymer sealant and 3) Opti-Coat. We can then go into a greater explanation of the benefits of OC over the others.

The question then comes, "How much?" I tell them $300. This includes paint prep plus application and the total time is maybe 2 hours. If the paint is in need of serious correction then we are looking around the $500 to $700 range.

We have a "package" deal which includes paint prep, Opti-Coat, window tint, clear bra and interior coating and the cost starts around $1500 and can go up to $2500 or more depending on the amount and type of paint protection film and tint.

So one should always keep their options and mind open when seeking to grow their business.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post

I was using a little Optimum Instant Detailer as a drying aid (help reduce chance of marring) on my car and I got slight streaking....not sure if it is because of the coating or not but it didn't happen on my wife's car when I washed it right after mine and hers does not have the coating.

Using the sheeting method with Opti-Coat is awesome BTW!

Thanks for the review Killr. Looks like I may have been a little heavy on my first application.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I really see the benefit of coating for two types, those that dont care for automotives that often, and for those that must be used/abused and sit outside daily. In Florida sun I wanted something that I didnt need to keep coming back too and this sounded like it. So far I am impressed and appreciated the hints from Rasky before applying. If I see one year out of it, I would spend several hundred for the product and allow a professional detailer to install it as needed.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

There is also the type "me" who really cares about their car but doesn't really have time for anything more than the weekly wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    There is also the type "me" who really cares about their car but doesn't really have time for anything more than the weekly wash.
    Exactly!

To bad people like myself can not try this product out since the product is not for sale to the general public.

Hopefully that will change some day because from what I have read about it, it sounds like it would be a great product for people like myself that care about their vehicle, but have limited time, like RaskyR1 mentioned.
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Ok. so you prefer to sell a product that last ''3 years'' at 100$ or a jar of fuzion at 175$ that last 4 month? You are making more money with a jar of fuzion .
    A black 1990 Skyline GTR get a complete restoration : winner of AG' show and shine in 2010
    Facebook ; WaxxonSpa |||| website ; www.waxxon.com

Post Thanks / Like

Then, I guess it depends on how the environemment feel about it. Here, in canada, because of winter. people drives their summer car 6 month sometimes even least. They are not ready to shelf 2500 for something.

See the skyline I did in my signature. I charged 500$ for this. There's like 25 hours of labour. Different mentality. that it.

So, I must apoligize, I was wrong. there's a market for this product but not where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco View Post
    This is absolutely correct.

Just because Opti-Coat is a permanent coating does not mean your clients cars do not need upkeep. I have been applying Opti-Coat to cars now for years and they all come back to us for monthly and many for weekly washes. It does not mean you're putting yourself out of work but rather look at it as opening up more roads for revenue.

For example, we get a new Porsche in the shop and the client asks, "What's do you recommend for protection, a good paste wax?" This then allows us to explain the 3 types of protection we offer. 1) a carnauba wax 2) a polymer sealant and 3) Opti-Coat. We can then go into a greater explanation of the benefits of OC over the others.

The question then comes, "How much?" I tell them $300. This includes paint prep plus application and the total time is maybe 2 hours. If the paint is in need of serious correction then we are looking around the $500 to $700 range.

We have a "package" deal which includes paint prep, Opti-Coat, window tint, clear bra and interior coating and the cost starts around $1500 and can go up to $2500 or more depending on the amount and type of paint protection film and tint.

So one should always keep their options and mind open when seeking to grow their business.

Anthony
    A black 1990 Skyline GTR get a complete restoration : winner of AG' show and shine in 2010
    Facebook ; WaxxonSpa |||| website ; www.waxxon.com

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast