autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Diablo Gel -vs- Sonax

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    I use Diablo at 1:1, an while it cleans well for moderately dirty wheels, I don't think it's that great for really dirty wheels. I'm ordering Sonax wheel cleaner on my next order. ANY wheel cleaner is going to need agitation, IMO.
    Hey Mark, CG's Grime Reaper is supposed to be stronger (I have a bottle) but I'm concerned that it may not be all wheel safe.

I'm not convinced that spending 2-10x for Sonax makes sense even if it is really cool. I look forward to hearing how you like Sonax. It's just very expensive unless it can significantly cut my wheel cleaning time, cleans exceptually well and is all wheel safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    The point is, at the quart size the Sonax doesn't do 3x as much cleaning (pre scrub) than Eagle One A2Z (or any other cleaner) AFAIK. Not worth the money (to me).
    Can A2Z be used on polished aluminum?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mirror Detailing View Post
    Interesting....though I would have to say I am more interested in pics of your sig...or a video, either works.
    Ask and you shall receive.
    My summer toy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diablo Gel  -vs- Sonax-transam-005-jpg   Diablo Gel  -vs- Sonax-transam-003-jpg  
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Can A2Z be used on polished aluminum?
    All Wheel & Tire Cleaner is safe for all types of metal hubcaps and steel or aluminum alloy wheels. Safe finishes include: anodized, clear coated, factory painted and chrome.

WARNING: DO NOT USE ON NON-FACTORY PAINTED WHEELS, MOTORCYCLE WHEELS, AND SOME ANODIZED WHEELS.
    Take that how you will.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux View Post
    Take that how you will.
    I'd gather that it's not safe for polished aluminum.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

NOT SAFE.... might as well grab Megs WB... I use Sonax on the "im not to sure wheels" or on higher end cars... DD's with neglected factory rims get megs WB 1:4 with multiple scrubbings rinsings and reapplying... besides... WB is great for pre-cleaning exhaust tips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moz View Post
    Either product did NOT work well at all with just rinsing(no aggitation).I put the picture in my thread because it was part of the test and wanted to show everyone what both cleaners did on rims that were extremely dirty,with just applying product and spraying off.Wheels this bad would have to be scrubbed with anybodies product (I think).The Diablo was mixed 1:5 (20% procust/80% H2o).

BTW,i have a 2006 Chrysler with Chrome cladded rim's and and a streetstrip car with polished aluminum rim's and am looking for a good wheel sealant to use.So I can just hose down when dirtry and NOT have to do"all that jazz" to clean them up again.
    Can you recommend a Excellent wheel sealer,monet doesn't matter if the product can justify the price?
    If you find a wheel sealant that can just be hosed off it would be the find of the century.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    If you find a wheel sealant that can just be hosed off it would be the find of the century.
    I was not trying to look to hose off the wheel sealant.I was looking for a Excellent sealant to apply so I could just rinse off the dirt,brake dust when washing and not have to get out the wheel cleaner and scrub brush.
    The wheels we cleaned were my brothers and were obviously in severely dirty condition that needed a scrub.
    My cars are kept in much better shape.
    The pics I posted were just to show different stages of the wheel cleaning.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like

When any forum member takes the time to do a product review and post pics it is much appreciated
    I also have both cleaners in said test and also feel Sonax does a much better job with really dirty wheels than diablo. I personally use cg diablo more often as my wheels don't get to dirty.
    Now if were talking smell here diablo wins all day!! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moz View Post
    I was not trying to look to hose off the wheel sealant.I was looking for a Excellent sealant to apply so I could just rinse off the dirt,brake dust when washing and not have to get out the wheel cleaner and scrub brush.
    I'm sure what Rsurfer is implying is that you simply aren't going to find something like that. It doesn't exist at this point. And if it does, someone needs to spill the beans and let us all in on it, like right now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast