autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Foam Canon + 3oz DP Xtreme Foam = Strip LSP?????????????

I put one coat of BFWD and 2 coats of BF Midnight Sun Carnauba 3 weeks ago.

So, yesterday I was washing my wife's car. After I sprayed it with water using a pressure washer, water was beading like crazy, so I was happy since it was my first time trying BF products. Then I used the foam canon with 3oz DP Xtreme Foam and the rest of the bottle with water and sprayed the whole car. I let it dwell for like 5 mins while I was preparing the buckets for hand washing (using 1Z Perl Shampoo). Then, I rinsed the whole (I didn't do the hand wash yet, I just wanted to remove the DP Xtreme before I hand wash). I almost had a heart attach. No more beading!!! Water was just standing on the car.

I thought DP Xtreme Foam does not strip LSP, what the hell happened?

Feedback please????????????????????

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam Canon + 3oz DP Xtreme Foam = Strip LSP?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by DerWanderer View Post
    I put one coat of BFWD and 2 coats of BF Midnight Sun Carnauba 3 weeks ago.

So, yesterday I was washing my wife's car. After I sprayed it with water using a pressure washer, water was beading like crazy, so I was happy since it was my first time trying BF products. Then I used the foam canon with 3oz DP Xtreme Foam and the rest of the bottle with water and sprayed the whole car. I let it dwell for like 5 mins while I was preparing the buckets for hand washing (using 1Z Perl Shampoo). Then, I rinsed the whole (I didn't do the hand wash yet, I just wanted to remove the DP Xtreme before I hand wash). I almost had a heart attach. No more beading!!! Water was just standing on the car.

I thought DP Xtreme Foam does not strip LSP, what the hell happened?

Feedback please????????????????????
    I use DP- Xtreme Foam all the time and never ever have any problems. I use it in wash buckets and a foam gun.......Hmm.
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Did you finish washing the car? Or just rinse and stop because the beading was gone?

When used in a foam cannon I've found that Xtreme foam needs to be agitated with your wash mit or else it leaves a film of soap on the surface. It is likely that the water was sticking to this film of soap hindering the beading/sheeting. I do feel that DP Xtreme foam is a more "aggressive" soap, but I don't have any problems with it stripping my LSP.

At about 1:15 in my video below I show the area that I did not wipe with the wash mit, showing suds and the "film" that stays behind if you just try to rinse away the foam without first agitating.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-nrssnw0JM]YouTube - AG Foam Cannon HP and DoDo Yeti's Fist[/video]

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

After I rinsed the car, I hand washed the car using a sheep skin mitt and 1Z Perl shampoo, and after I rinsed, water was not beading. Am I using too much Xtreme Foam in my foam cannon? Should I just use 1oz instead of 3?

Post Thanks / Like

After I rinsed the car, I hand washed the car using a sheep skin mitt and 1Z Perl shampoo, and after I rinsed, water was not beading. Am I using too much Xtreme Foam in my foam cannon? Should I just use 1oz instead of 3?
    I use 2oz
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Newport, Oregon USA!

Post Thanks / Like

Also in the video I posted, at the beginning I show the marks on the bottle. It's at the 4oz. line, this is 1oz. Xtreme Foam and 3oz. water. I have no problem completely covering my car with some to spare at this amount. Every time, I start spraying with the soap dial all the way off and turn it up until I like the foam. This is because every dilution is a little different and I want the soap to water ratio to be as low as possible to get the foam I like.

Post Thanks / Like

Any soap if you use enough of it and let it sit on the paint long enough will take some wax off. What I have noticed is that after washing the vehicle when rinsing it it doesnt seem to beed up as much but after you dry it and hit it with some water it should be fine.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. Next time I will try just 1 to 2oz and change the soap dial to produce less foam and see what happens. Hope it goes well.

Post Thanks / Like

hmm i havnt seen this happen when i use d/p foam..
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...