autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Mothers products!

I've used a few Mothers products recently and have been thoroughly impressed!

I tried a sample of their interior protectant. It worked by far the best on my C6 interior. It's the only interior protectant I've tried that gives an even, uniform look. I just bought a 16 oz. bottle. I've tried optimum protectant plus and DP interior protectant, and both left a splotchy, uneven application.

I bought their quick detailing towel. It absorbs liquid really well, it's soft, doesn't lint, and buffs to a nice shine. My only complaint is it's too big for quick detailing, IMO. I prefer 16 x 16 for that. Best QD towel I've used, except for the size.

I bought their microfiber applicator pads and these are bar none the best I've ever tried. Very good quality. Much better quality than cobra MF and autozone MF applicators.

I bought their wheel brush. Ergonomic, rubber around the edges for safety, and soft, yet effective bristles. Same goes for the fenderwell brush.

to Mothers!!
    '03 Corvette Z06

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers products!

I am wondering how there waxes and sealants hold up and how they look.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using their Back-To-Black lately and like it. Smells like bleach and is white so thats kind of ironic. It goes hand and hand with Gummi Pflege now.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mark, they have 16 x 16 towels and they are awesome! Not sure if you have used their clay kit yet but I'm a big fan of that one. Be prepared for soft clay. I highly recommend Showtime ID as a clay lube, super slick!
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite Mother's products:

Reflections Car Wax: an exceptionally easy to apply and remove synthetic sealant. It gives a reflective, wet shine, which reminds me a little bit of Fuzion. Looks very good on dark colors especially. I have never experienced any streaking with it, which makes it an easier product to use than, say, NXT, and is also less expensive than NXT.

I have never used the Reflections Top Coat, which is intended to compliment Reflections.

Reflections Tire Care: a nice low gloss water-based tire dressing. This was my favorite dressing for about a year for my S2K. It may soon be replaced in my affections, however, by Mother's FX Tire Shine. Good value.

FX Tire Shine: I just applied it to my low profile tires today. FX produces a glossier shine than Reflections, but it can hardly be classed as high gloss. But the low profile tires probably need a glossier dressing than what I've been using, and FX looks like it might fit the bill. And you can't beat the price--$6.99 for 24 oz. I don't imagine the durability will be any better than most water-based dressings, but we shall see.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the Reflexions car wax and like it but the durability is short. Three weeks and water beading is the same as if the paint had no protection on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the clay kit,chrome polish and back to black, all are super easy to use and work and last great.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

My favorites are Showtime, FX Spray Wax, Chrome Polish, Reflections Tire Care, and their foam core drying towel. Their 20x24 microfiber towel is a handy size (bigger than your 16x24 but more easier to handle than the larger towels (24x36 size).

The FX Spray Wax costs less than many of the premium instant detailers adds durability beyond the bump in gloss and slickness with almost as easy removal.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of the Showtime and FX series is pretty good stuff. It's hard to find around here though, it usually takes me trips to several shops to get more than 2-3 of their products! I can't understand it really, the shelves are lined with Black Magic products, but the Mothers stuff is WAY better.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently used the cleaner carnauba paste that I've had unopened for 2 years. I had recently done a thorough resto on my carbon fiber hood (spot sand/compound/polish/seal). Already in 2 months the hood was showing some particle build up. The cleaner paste wax took care of it with no problem and put the shine right back to the way it was. The pure liquid carnauba has a great look too with good flake pop but durability isn't that great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast