autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: SYN 1 (SUPER CUT / SUPER FINISH)

Awesome review Corey, there are some definate perks to being the "in-house" AG reviewer! I appreciate that you did note the weaknesses of the products based on your expectations because I feel that most of the people who are not happy with a product have higher expectations for the product than it maybe designed for.

What was the working time like?

Post Thanks / Like

Great review as always Corey...Excellent work, very in depth, and extremely informative. Thanks for taking the time to do such great review!
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME review, Corey!!!!

Although the cut seems to be close, it seems as tough M105 finishes with a bit less marring than SYN1??
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Also to note... It will definitely stain your pads a pretty pepto pink color... Tried DP polish pad rejuv, XMT pad cleaner, and dawn... they all still pink haha

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Corey, I'm really anxious to do some testing with Syn-1 too... But I live a little further from AG than you and am yet to receive my bottle. Since your review has all the product info already, I'll probably post my opinions/findings in your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Fats View Post
    Also to note... It will definitely stain your pads a pretty pepto pink color... Tried DP polish pad rejuv, XMT pad cleaner, and dawn... they all still pink haha
    If I find the same to be true, I would REALLY like the staining to be fixed, I would rather have an ugly color and no added scent than permanently stained pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder to everyone as you read these reviews, keep in mind that these are reviews of a product still in Beta testing so the feedback will be used to make the finished product even better.

Super Member Pockets@PoorboysWorld's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
    Just a reminder to everyone as you read these reviews, keep in mind that these are reviews of a product still in Beta testing so the feedback will be used to make the finished product even better.
    Yup, thank you for putting that up my man

We love to create new things (me and Steve cant sit still haha) and than send them out. We use all the information that we gather to improve, change, and tweak the new product so basically Syn 1 in this stage is a clay model of a car and with the great reviewers on AGO and some we sent out to our customers we will keep improving upon it
    Chris (a.k.a. Pockets)
    Warehouse Manager

Pockets@poorboysworld.com
    (845)215-9700

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding review Corey !!! Thanks for spending the time putting this together.
    Ron !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christian900se View Post
    What was the working time like?
    Thank you for your comments!
    To answer your question I was getting an average of probably 7 or 8 passes.

Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    Great review as always Corey...Excellent work, very in depth, and extremely informative. Thanks for taking the time to do such great review!
    Thanks so much Tad! You're very kind

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    AWESOME review, Corey!!!!
    Although the cut seems to be close, it seems as though M105 finishes with a bit less marring than SYN1??
    Thanks Mark! It was indeed quite close from what I saw here. Actually in most lighting I think the SYN 1 came out barely on top. I will verify this with my next test.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Fats View Post
    I'm glad you bring that up! After each pad I sprayed it with XMT cleaner and removed it from the flex. After letting it sit a minute I placed it in a pre-setup bucket of water and DP mix. After I was all done for the day I left that to sit untill Sunday night (was gone all day sun) and cleaned them out. I wish I'd taken a picture of how much black paint was in the bottom of that bucket. Anyways back to the point. Out of I think 6 pads I only had staining on one of them. Since it was only on one of them I didn't even think about it until you brought it up here. But you are right it was a stain and that's definetly a con. I'll take some pictures later.

Quote Originally Posted by A4 1.8tqm View Post
    Nice review Corey, I'm really anxious to do some testing with Syn-1 too... But I live a little further from AG than you and am yet to receive my bottle. Since your review has all the product info already, I'll probably post my opinions/findings in your thread.

If I find the same to be true, I would REALLY like the staining to be fixed, I would rather have an ugly color and no added scent than permanently stained pads.
    Thanks so much Dave! I'd be happy to have your comments here. I'm looking forward to some more experiences from others. I'm also curious to give it another go myself with some paint that doesn't hate me

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets @Poorboy'sWorld View Post
    Yup, thank you for putting that up my man

We love to create new things (me and Steve cant sit still haha) and than send them out. We use all the information that we gather to improve, change, and tweak the new product so basically Syn 1 in this stage is a clay model of a car and with the great reviewers on AGO and some we sent out to our customers we will keep improving upon it
    I sent about 2 ounces from my bottle to another member of AG as well to get their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by rwisejr View Post
    Outstanding review Corey !!! Thanks for spending the time putting this together.
    Thank you Ron! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Pockets, one other thing I noticed. When I left the pads to sit in my DP cleaner bucket for a day and a half the smell seemed a bit worse by the time I cleaned it out then what I've noticed with past products. I should probably get a lid for that bucket anyway...
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast