autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up PR: Duragloss 105

OK, so I went ahead and did a quick detail on our 1990 Honda Accord for Father's Day. It was pretty dirty, since I hadn't washed it in about 3 weeks or so. While I was at it, I figured I would throw a coat of wax on it - it had a coat of M16 on it that was probably 6-8 weeks old, but it wasn't beading quite as well as it should, particularly on the horizontal panels. I was debating between DG 105 and Collinite 845 and figured I would go with DG 105, number one because I hadn't used it before and number two I figured this car could benefit from the chemical cleaners in it, since it sits outside 24/7 and only sees a wash once or twice a month at most.

Process

Interior
    Vacuum
    Dust with Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer
    Inside glass with Sprayway glass cleaner and glass towel

Exterior
    Clean tires, hubs, and wheel wells with Meguiar's Super Degreaser and assorted brushes
    Foamed car with foam gun and Meguiar's Super Soap
    Rinse
    Wash with Meguiar's Shampoo Plus, 2BM, grit guards
    Dried with Cobra Guzzler
    Klasse AIO and Duragloss Aquawax on exterior glass
    Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax on side mirrors
    Duragloss 105 on paint (didn't need to be clayed)
    Optimum Opti-Bond on tires

Product to be used

after doing the whole car - this was a brand new pad

a few afters - I actually had to take these the day after since I finished up as it was getting dark

exhaust tip, polished with Optimum Metal Polish and #0000 steel wool, sealed with Klasse AIO

reflection in the hood

Thoughts on DG 105: This product was very easy to use. I applied it to the whole car, did the windows and exhaust tip and then came back and removed it with a Meguiar's Ultimate Wipe. As you can see, it pulled a lot of dirt out of the paint. I was even getting dirt on my towel as I was removing it. It was very easy to use and remove - perhaps not as easy breezy to remove as say Poli-Coat or Collinite 845, but it was by no means a struggle to work with. Also left a nice shine. If I can remember, I will try to post back here with durability updates. It should get quite the workout, as the little Accord only gets washed once or twice a month (I try to do it at least every other week, but that doesn't always happen). Very impressed with this product so far - seems to be very effective. Thanks for looking!
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PR: Duragloss 105

Yeah I like DG#105 as well - although I dont know how long it lasts to be honest...

last time I just put it on on its own, next time I will #501 to clean it then #601 prep, then #105... see if that improves the lifetime of it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tephra View Post
    Yeah I like DG#105 as well - although I dont know how long it lasts to be honest...

last time I just put it on on its own, next time I will #501 to clean it then #601 prep, then #105... see if that improves the lifetime of it
    That will dramatically improve the lifetime of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Shane! Looks good
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE

Decided to rain today, so I figured I would go ahead and get some beading pics. Keep in mind, I applied DG 105 exactly one week ago, and it has not been washed or QD'ed or touched since then. This car usually sits under the trees, so please excuse any crap on the car - gonna have to wash it this week, I guess.

Trunk

roof

hood

hood

Klasse AIO and DG Aquawax on windshield

Klasse AIO and DG Aquawax on windows

Few pics of my car

Optimum Poli-Seal and Optimum Car Wax on hood after approximately 150 miles of driving after application

3 week old application of Opti-Seal and Optimum Car Wax on roof, washed and applied add. coat of Optimum Car Wax one week ago, picture taken after 350 miles of driving this past week with one OID wipedown in between

DG beading is a bit weaker on the horizontal surfaces than expected - however I assume this is due to the dirt on the car - the Accord tends to get quite dirty. Beading just fine on the sides. Still not too bad considering how frequently that car gets driven and where it gets parked. I expect beading to be better after a wash. Optimum products are beading very well - most impressive. Way to go Dr. G!
    Shane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tephra View Post

#501 in itself is pretty nice for a one stepper though. More cleaning ability than #105.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know, the DG105 looks like its gone, I didnt wash my car for three months and the hood beaded like crazy even though it was dirty.

Maybe some sap got to it and is messing with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I dont know, the DG105 looks like its gone, I didnt wash my car for three months and the hood beaded like crazy even though it was dirty.

I suspect it's just all the crap that gets on it from being parked under the trees, which is where it sits when it's not being used. I guess I'll find out after the wash.
    Shane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post

My DG 105 has lasted a month without with 1 wash. Will see how long it lasts, but I am tempted to try out my new SSII