autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: overheating

Post Thanks / Like

Re: overheating

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 Shelby View Post
    DonnyM,

What is going on with this?

I used mine briefly tonight. It also got very hot in short order. The first buffing cycle smelled hot. By the third cycle, I could barely hold the polisher by the "neck". Mine did not shut off, but, I quit using it after 4 cycles.
    Just give Dwayne a call at AG. I described the problem to him and agreed that it may be a defective unit and did not hesitate in offering to replace it with another one or give me credit. He has already emailed me a UPS return label. I'm trying to decide whether to get another one or use the credit to get some more pads, polishes and cleaners as I'm very low on what I have.

I sell pneumatic tools and every now and then we'll get new tools that can have one bad bearing that will cause them to get hot but since I had the same burning smell I knew it was an electrical problem so I stopped using it right away.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What guage power cords are you all using? I know in the directions for my PC7424 it specifies that a 14g power cord and lower is to be used. The lower the guage # the bigger the cord will be. The bigger the better. I had overheating problems until I switched to the recommended guaged power cord. See if your polisher directions have something in there regarding what guage power cord you need to properly use your machine. Hopefully this is your problem and you wont have to go sending it back. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clordj12 View Post
    What guage power cords are you all using? I know in the directions for my PC7424 it specifies that a 14g power cord and lower is to be used. The lower the guage # the bigger the cord will be. The bigger the better. I had overheating problems until I switched to the recommended guaged power cord. See if your polisher directions have something in there regarding what guage power cord you need to properly use your machine. Hopefully this is your problem and you wont have to go sending it back. Good luck!
    I use a 25' 12 ga. extension cord.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12