autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray

After reading some of the product reviews about this product I thought it would work great. Much to my dismay I was wrong. This stuff feels like you are rubbing your car with fine sandpaper. Even with the best MF towels. I've used the green 750 MF towels and it still feels like sandpaper. This product does not Wipe on/ wipe off well at all.

Overall I am displeased with this product. This stuff doesn't even smell good and I get a sick feeling in my stomach using it.

Although it leaves a decent shine, the detailing spray you can pick up at any auto parts store will do just as good without half the hassle. Not to mention it'll smell better too.

Sorry this product disappoints and needs to be looked at over again. Maybe I got something else entirely in the bottle, probably not however.

Do not buy. DP does what this product does for a much cheaper price and it smells much better doing it.

I honestly feel like I got ripped off. If I could only get my $60 back or spend it on another detailing spray. Mind you this is the first time I have ever been disappointed buying something at Autogeek.
    Last edited by Eurocougar; 06-26-2010 at 02:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray

Quote Originally Posted by Eurocougar View Post
    After reading some of the product reviews about this product I thought it would work great. Much to my dismay I was wrong. This stuff feels like you are rubbing your car with fine sandpaper. Even with the best MF towels. I've used the green 750 MF towels and it still feels like sandpaper. This product does not Wipe on/ wipe off well at all.

Overall I am displeased with this product. This stuff doesn't even smell good and I get a sick feeling in my stomach using it.

Although it leaves a decent shine, the detailing spray you can pick up at any auto parts store will do just as good without half the hassle. Not to mention it'll smell better too.

Sorry this product disappoints and needs to be looked at over again. Maybe I got something else entirely in the bottle, probably not however.

Do not buy. DP does what this product does for a much cheaper price and it smells much better doing it.

I honestly feel like I got ripped off. If I could only get my $60 back or spend it on another detailing spray. Mind you this is the first time I have ever been disappointed buying something at Autogeek.
    it is hard to remove i will agree with you .. this is why i use pinnacle souveran spray wax.. very light sprays perpanel. comes off with ease...i bought the gallon of crystal mist a while back . and probably wouldnt buy it again once its out . but i still use it from time to time mostly on my wood interior trim and door jams for now..
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

by the way if ur looking for a q/d that comes of with ease try adams detail spray.. i use this on the car while its still wet and it comes of with the wipe. windows crome everything...
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Try Poorboy's Spray and Gloss, there are sample sizes available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    by the way if ur looking for a q/d that comes of with ease try adams detail spray.. i use this on the car while its still wet and it comes of with the wipe. windows crome everything...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail SprayMeguiars Ultimate Quik DetailerMeguiars Ultimate Quik DetailerMeguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer

Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer is pretty good for an OTC product

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail SprayMeguiars Ultimate Quik DetailerMeguiars Ultimate Quik DetailerMeguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer

never seen a displeasing review before this one, and product has been a staple in Pinnacles products and kits for more than 10 years. It has no appreciable buffing needed, and you can feel some lubrication while using.

It should always be shaken well prior to use, as other products, and only one spritz is needed per panel. Souveran Spray needs a little more buffing, but not much, as higher use of carnauba in it. I would however use both as detail sprays versus a true quick detailer and some additional gloss should be present after use. Both are best used outside of direct sunlight.

Luckily we each are afforded an opinion, and hope the poster finds something more in tune with his needs. FK425 and Optimum are nice too, and Aquawax has a nice following too.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

perhaps you got a bad batch? Maybe it was "spoiled"? Contact CS for a replacement...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

First I'd open the bottle and look inside to make sure there aren't any inconsistencies as far as separation, clumping, etc.

Second, it sounds like you're using too much product. I just lightly mist a panel - I mean 1 mist across the entire panel. A little bit goes a very long way with this product and if you use too much it will not be as easy to work with.

I've never seen a bad review or had any complaints for Crystal Mist, so there has to either be something wrong with the product, or the application process. Either way, we're here to help you out and if there is something wrong with the product we will gladly exchange it for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I use Crystal Mist spray quite a bit and have had no issues...as was stated maybe you have a bad batch. I just shake it and use it sparingly.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast