autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Leatherique

Update:

I used the Leatherique again trying to get it softer and it hasn't budged. After the second treatment from my review it was softer but not by much. I thought simply adding another application would increase this but I was wrong. It seems with finished leather I have to say some of the claims are a bit dissapointing.
    So the area I've been treating is just slightly softer then the area I haven't treated and it doesn't seem to be improving further. It's not near as soft as you would want it to be.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the "high end" products are just not worth it. I stick to 1Z Plastik Reiniger for cleaning followed by optimum leather protectant for finished leather.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just got mine, but there is some yellowish liquid floating on top of the white Pristine Clean. Please see attached.

Is that normal?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review: Leatherique-img_9051_-1024_x_768-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it has separated, shake well. warm up the bottle and shake. Mine separated in the cold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Update:

I used the Leatherique again trying to get it softer and it hasn't budged. After the second treatment from my review it was softer but not by much. I thought simply adding another application would increase this but I was wrong. It seems with finished leather I have to say some of the claims are a bit dissapointing.
    So the area I've been treating is just slightly softer then the area I haven't treated and it doesn't seem to be improving further. It's not near as soft as you would want it to be.
    My seats are 9 years old and probably never taken care of before I bought the car. They seem dry, kinda stiff and have some small spiderweb cracking on the sides. I was looking at the Leatherique and was glad to run across your review (very good btw) and felt good about Leatherique until I got to your above post, now I'm not sure if I want to spend that kind of money on it. If anyone has other experience with it or other products that could soften and repair light cracking I would appreciate hearing about them. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

CEE DOG is your leather coated or natural? this may have something to do with the softening process. I have only used my leatherique on "natural" uncoated leather. most cars have coated leather like GM, Ford, Toyota, Nissan etc. This forum has many good threads on leather treatment. BTW I enjoyed your very thorough review, thanks for taking the time to do it for us all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S2K View Post
    My seats are 9 years old and probably never taken care of before I bought the car. They seem dry, kinda stiff and have some small spiderweb cracking on the sides. I was looking at the Leatherique and was glad to run across your review (very good btw) and felt good about Leatherique until I got to your above post, now I'm not sure if I want to spend that kind of money on it. If anyone has other experience with it or other products that could soften and repair light cracking I would appreciate hearing about them. Thanks!
    Thank you for the comments, I'm glad you enjoyed the review!
    I am very sorry to confuse the issue further. I didn't want to post that last tidbit but felt like I had to or I would have been knowingly misleading any readers from what I experienced. I still like Leatherique and will definetly be using it anually on my Sky. I'm actually thinking about messing with it some more on that old leather as well. If your leather is uncoated I have no doubt that it would really work wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by olbear1962 View Post
    CEE DOG is your leather coated or natural? this may have something to do with the softening process. I have only used my leatherique on "natural" uncoated leather. most cars have coated leather like GM, Ford, Toyota, Nissan etc. This forum has many good threads on leather treatment. BTW I enjoyed your very thorough review, thanks for taking the time to do it for us all.
    Thank you for the comments, I'm glad you enjoyed the review!
    My leather is indeed coated and you are absolutely correct. For uncoated leather I am sure this product would really be amazing. With coated leather I still felt like I got something out of it but don't think this is what its necessarily designed for.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Cee, I did enjoy your review and I'm glad you posted "all" your experiences, I think that is necessary for a good review. I don't know if mine is coated but I'm guessing from what I've read that it is. It's a 2001 Honda. I read a lot of other threads and the consensus seams to be Leatherique is a very good product so I went ahead and ordered it to take advantage of the awesome 20% off and free shipping, I think I got a great deal. Thanks again for your review and experiences.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S2K View Post
    Thanks Cee, I did enjoy your review and I'm glad you posted "all" your experiences, I think that is necessary for a good review. I don't know if mine is coated but I'm guessing from what I've read that it is. It's a 2001 Honda. I read a lot of other threads and the consensus seams to be Leatherique is a very good product so I went ahead and ordered it to take advantage of the awesome 20% off and free shipping, I think I got a great deal. Thanks again for your review and experiences.
    S2K, would be interested to hear how your leatherique application goes.
    Thanks,
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olbear1962 View Post
    S2K, would be interested to hear how your leatherique application goes.
    Thanks,
    Tim
    I plan on taking some before, during and after pics and will post how it goes (I'm sure it won't be an as in-depth review as Cee's).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast