autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: adams spray detail

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    you might contact the manufacturer also, sometimes a little dilution can help. If you are looking for a rather nice detailing spray I recommend FK425 or FK146 as options and never have any streaking, but try to apply outside of direct sunlight.
    I second that FK425, I used to use adams detail spray until I tried FK425. It is awesome! The best detail spray I've used by far. Also that adams detail spray is very rough on the eyes. After detailing my car my contact lenses were runied, it is some pretty potent stuff (it does clean wheels very good)
    Last edited by Emm; 04-06-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 87rx7chick View Post
    this adams stuff sucks
    The problem you are having is spraying it on a surface with a 105° temp. I would like to know how the surface temp is that high if its not in the sun and it only 80° out (unless you are spraying it on a hot hood from driving)? Things need to be cool to the touch before misting a liquid on it.

Post Thanks / Like

ive been useing Adams detail spray for the past 30 years with no issues at all.. its by far the best q/d out there for drying a car.. ok ok ive only been useing it for 2 years but still...
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    ive been useing Adams detail spray for the past 30 years with no issues at all.. its by far the best q/d out there for drying a car.. ok ok ive only been useing it for 2 years but still...
    I thought the same, try FK425 it is now my favorite

Post Thanks / Like

I have had the exact same problem with Adams detail spray.
    I stopped using it for that reason. I have not tried FK425 yet.
    I do however like Optimum QD and XMT final finish. I will have to get some FK425 on my next order since everyone likes it.

Post Thanks / Like

mixing products together and experimenting and seeing what happens as a result.

i'll just stick with optimum. i know that stuff is great and i have never had issues...

this adams stuff sucks
    If you ever feel differently about "adding water" you can save some money and make up some of that 40$ you spent by buying the concentrated Optimum at 20$ and diluting it rather then buying the Optimum already mixed... It's about 1/4 the price when you do it that way.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trhland View Post
    you havent tried 425 yet ??

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    It's about 1/4 the price when you do it that way.
    or even cheaper if you buy the 128 oz concentrate.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

surface temp of car is about 105

That is a little bit too hot. The product is drying rapidly, and subsequently streaking/adhering to to finish before it can be wiped/buffed off with a clean MF.

I personally would dilute the stuff with distilled water. You could hypothetically mix 2 parts instant detailer, to 1 part water, or even mix it 1 part instant detailer to 1 part distilled water. Diluting the instant detailer with distilled water will help prevent drying/streaking dramatically.

Another thing that will help, is to do very small sections at a time. IMO, 105 degree's is just too hot to leave the instant detailer on a finished surface for very long. Could you imagine if you were in a climate where it is 110+ degree's, then on top of that, a very hot engine bay, making the hood temp well above 110 degree's? I think most instant detailers would be troublesome in this situation. Get my drift?

Try diluting it, I dilute my instant detailer, it seems much easier to work with, and in a warm/hot environment, almost seems necessary to dilute.

Diluting the instant detailer also makes the product last longer. Being the tightwad that I am, I like when I can make a product last longer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    you havent tried 425 yet ??

i actually have a while back my friend joe gave me a little . i sprayed apanel.and feltit needed a little more wipeing to disapear then adams.. idont know maybe its me i really didint give it a good test . but might just have to ......
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast