autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Forver Black Tire Dye Gel

This product had me curious especially with the term "dye" in its title. I asked Meghan if she'd be kind enough to send me a small sample when I was down in Florida on vacation. She did and I was very appreciative (I guess they treat you well when you've been a member for a few years, LOL). Anyway, I waited until I got back home to try it.

PACKAGING:

It comes in a small box that includes an applicator. Instructions are simple and staight forward. Check out product link HERE.

CONSISTENCY:

It is advertised as a gel. The only other tire gel I've used is the DP gel and this is definitely much thicker. It is almost as thick as toothpaste.

APPLICATION:

This is straight forward; you just squeeze a small amount out onto the applicator and apply to a clean tire. It is not meant for white wall tires or raised white lettering tires due to the product being a dye as well as a dressing. I would recommend using latex or nitrile gloves. The instructions do not suggest so but I got some on my fingers and it was not easy to get off. I did remove it using Zep Citrus APC. The product spreads very easily.

APPEARANCE:

This product description on AG is a "low shine pigmented gel". The picture appears to have a higher shine than what I found. What I did find however was the appearance was very natural and gave the tire the look it has when it's brand new. A lot of people prefer this appearance although I personally like a bit more shine to my tires. On my wife's Pacifica, there are brand new tires that are only about a month old. It made them look like the day they were installed.

DURABILITY:

This is the product's biggest claim to fame is its long lasting durability. I just applied it yesterday to my wife's car and today to mine so I won't be able to report on those results for a month or so. Keep checking back periodically.

SEE FOR YOURSELF:

PACIFICA GETTING CLEANED WITH ZEP APC AND VARIOUS BRUSHES:

THE PRODUCT ITSELF:

AFTERS:

ON MY FX35 WITH 6 YEAR OLD TIRES (ONLY USED 1/2 YEAR):
    BEFORES:

AFTERS:

=

CONCLUSION:

If you are looking for a natural, long lasting tire dressing that will restore the look of your tires to the state they were in when you first purchased them, this is the product for you. On my FX with its 6 year old tires, it really darkened the appearance and gave them a natural look. I was also curious to see what it would do to black plastic trim and I was also curious to see what it would look like topped with another dressing...check out Part II of my review. Thanks for looking.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forver Black Tire Dye Gel

Very nice review, I think I might have to put a coat on my tires!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Very nice review, I think I might have to put a coat on my tires!
    Thanks Meghan. Again, this product really interested me b/c there are tons of tire dressings out there, but few if any that include a dye. This is a keeper.

Mike Phillips

Very nice review Rich...

Good intro with good formatting, including headings to describe what content is about below the heading. This is a great style for writing information topics plus breaking up the different topics with some 'white" space helps to draw a reader in as it's easier to digest the information.

Great before, process and after pictures too... Like they say, a picture says a thousand words...

Do update the thread with the results you see over time as I'm sure others will be interested in your findings.

Post Thanks / Like

OK..it`s been a week and it was time for a quick wash so I wanted to see how the tire dressing held up. You can see by the before pics that they were not too dirty. Check out how they repel the water when being washed...cool. They were sprayed with Zep Citrus at 4:1 and not agitated, just rinsed. I am not trying to strip it off intentionally. I think they still look great.

BEFORE:

BEING WASHED:

AFTERS:

Post Thanks / Like

I do like the way it looks not to glossy, not to dull but still lasts a while..
    Interesting... HMMMM

I ordered a sample of the Pinnacle black onyx tire gel i wonder how that will do?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2kredbb6 View Post
    I do like the way it looks not to glossy, not to dull but still lasts a while..
    Interesting... HMMMM

I ordered a sample of the Pinnacle black onyx tire gel i wonder how that will do?
    Don't know, never used it. I topped this with the DP gel which is my current favourite. See my Part II of this review for the topping it discussion.