autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital

Alright, so this is my first review. Here goes.....

I got my GG 6" back during the polisher sale with LC CSS 6.5" Orange, White, and Black pads. It was a tough choice at the time, with not many reviews on the GG, the new Meg's G110v2 about to show up, and how many people loved the PC. I decided on the GG based on the more powerful motor, lifetime warranty, and to be able to post about how good/bad/meh it was. It finally stopped snowing, the high's were in the mid to upper 50's but the sun pushed it into the 60's. It was perfect to get out and do some work

BUILD QUALITY
    Excellent. The rubbered head gives a good place to place downward pressure, and the body is of high quality plastic and your hand fits perfectly down the body, so you can hold it out over the roof of a car to apply wax. The included backing plate was also very nice, with the hook and loop backing being a perfect medium between not too weak and not too strong. You won't feel like you're ripping the pad off with this one.

Now, I know what's about to happen here. I'm going to go on about how well it works, and someone is going to say "This thread is useless without pictures!!!!" I have none. I got excited and just kept working (that and the only lens I could find was a 70-200mm which wouldn't focus down enough to capture any corrections). But the car was a 1999 Honda Accord in Taffeta White. Some say that white Honda's have SS paint, but this was CC, since some corners were flaking off. It's last major cleaning was a clay and NXT 2.0 last summer, and before that was two or three years ago when it was hit with Meg's DC1, 2 and NXT 1.0, so to say that it was in need of a strong cleaning was an understatement. I used first Paint Reconditioning Cream on white, but to no avail. I just straight to the heaviest stuff I own-Ultimate Compound and Orange. It worked. Being a 10 year old paint job, I knew there would be stuff I couldn't remove without wetsanding or a rotary, neither which I know how to use or own. I had a fair amount of RIDS left, but for a daily driver parked outside 24/7/365 and what it's been through, I wasn't complaining. The paint color also came back. I have one spot I can get a picture of tomorrow that will show just how dirty the paint was. To help, when you post a reply and there is the gray box around what you're typing, it was similar to that color. I was shocked. The vibration was a bit much when I first started using it, but that was because I had no idea what I was doing and was a little nervous. The more I worked, the less I noticed it. I didn't notice a massive amount of the machine bogging down, and I was pressing pretty hard, probably more than I should have. The on/off switch is also fabulous. When you turn it on, there is a spin up delay, allowing you you get ready to go after you turn it on, which I found very useful. And when you go to turn it off, just tap back, and it snaps to off, allowing you to keep both hands on the polisher while it spins down.

In all, I found that the Griot's is a fantastic machine and would recommended it to anyone in the market for a new polisher. You will not be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage 6" Random Orbital

Excellent review! Looking forwards to seeing some pics!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's for your review.
    When I replace my older pc, I am going to get the griot's
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! Nice work.
    Sounds like your Griots vibrates a lot less then mine did.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care