autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Surf City Garage Beyond Black Tire Pro

Wow. That's a ton of info. Glad I read that. So let me recap

browning is a natural occurance with tires due to what they are made of.
    good Silicone does not evaporate, amplify the sun, or dry out tires?

So here is what I want and I pray I can find a good Answer.

I want a tire dressing that leaves a matte to satin finish. Not high gloss wet look

I would like something with a UV protectant. Just an added bonus if it's out there...

And not looking for months of durrability. I would simply like to see the vehicle I just detailed 3 days ago not have flat black tires. If I could find a dressing that lasts either 3 weeks of no Rain or can survive a few showers or even a water puddle I'd be happy.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

303 Aerospace Protectant is your product then. It has a matte finish and gets deeper with more applications and gives a 40SPF protection rating once applied. It's great for interior and exterior plastics and rubber and lasts a long time. In other words, if applied according to the directions, it will last a long time.
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by O.C.Detailing View Post
    303 Aerospace Protectant is your product then. It has a matte finish and gets deeper with more applications and gives a 40SPF protection rating once applied. It's great for interior and exterior plastics and rubber and lasts a long time. In other words, if applied according to the directions, it will last a long time.
    I've used 303 a lot but never on tires. How is it's durabilty to rain? Is 303 water based?
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard other folks using it on tires here. Not sure if it's water-based or not, but I absolutely love Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gell. It leaves tires either just clean looking or wet, depending on my own or my customer's tastes. Just depends on how think you apply it and whether you wipe off the excess or not. John is a huge fan of Meg's All-Season Dressing, though I only use it on fender wells and large tires since wiping on Endurance is too much of a chore for large size tires and such. I save my 303 for plastics and such.
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by O.C.Detailing View Post
    I've heard other folks using it on tires here. Not sure if it's water-based or not, but I absolutely love Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gell. It leaves tires either just clean looking or wet, depending on my own or my customer's tastes. Just depends on how think you apply it and whether you wipe off the excess or not. John is a huge fan of Meg's All-Season Dressing, though I only use it on fender wells and large tires since wiping on Endurance is too much of a chore for large size tires and such. I save my 303 for plastics and such.
    First I know Im hitting you with a lot adrock but more answers seem to raise more questions and I've been getting good info/direction from you. So....

One thing I have really really been wondering about the All Season Dressing is can I tone down the shine by wiping off the excess?

Does it leave a greasy film?

Survives for a while in rain?
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some pics of All Season from this post on MOL:

Here's a few of my own pics of Endurance tire gel:

Haven't tried All Season Dressing yet, but I believe ASD, Endurance, and Hot Shine tire gel are Meguiar's most durable tire dressing products. I find that Endurance is a bit shiny at first (my pics were taken after product had just been applied), but it tones down after a couple days and usually lasts for a couple weeks as long as the tire has been properly cleaned and is dry before product is applied. Also, if you wipe excess off the tire, it is perfectly dry. No greasy residue at all. If you have any questions about All Season Dressing, let me know and I'll send a PM with your questions to the member in the post that had the pics I included and I'll post the answers to your questions back here, since he uses ASD quite frequently. FYI, Endurance is my personal favorite.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Yeppers, pretty much exactly what Ciera said. I love the Endurance for it's longevity and that fact that it actually does tone down after a day or two as it's absorbed into the tire. It also doesn't fling off of the tire if you put it on thin enough and you can do almost an entire car with only about 3 teaspoons of it AND I can get it at Advance or any other auto parts store.

From my experience, the ASD is a little wetter than I like, but some people like the wet-tire look. Also, the ASD is a bit slimy feeling at first, but so is the Endurance gel if you put it on thick enough. You can spray it on, wipe the tire down to even out the dispersion of the product and get a little less shine and I do believe it absorbs into the tire like Endurance gel does, but it's just a little sloppier than the Endurance gel. Not a bad product though. We use it all the time, but if I do tires, I use the Endurance gel. If John (VR8) does them, he uses ASD. Really just a matter of preference TBH.
    Last edited by O.C.Detailing; 02-06-2010 at 07:45 PM.
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, Thanks guys. Those pics really help. The ASD is a bit shinier than Id like but you can wife the excess off with a towel and I think it would be just right for every day use. (customers)

I might carry a few tire dressings and just leave it up to the customer what level of shine they want.
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've been a long time fan of Silk Shine Dressing from Chemical Guys. No sling, no wet look after dried and it lasts better than most gels I've tried over the years.
    Shade Tree Auto Detailing
    Austin, Texas & surrounding areas

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

The All Season Dressing looks great, every tire dressed with ASD looks very even and uniform, not too shiny and not too matte.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123