autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Country Hydro Pads

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    You better go back and read the 1st post then, because it's about how great the pads are, not about super isolated cases of them falling apart from possible pad design and user error issues. Eric asked a question and I replied to it.
    I do have to agree. There has been a lot more topics and questions in this thread other than issues. You might want to start a Hydro issues/resolution thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by O.C.Detailing View Post
    It's meant to fix the HT pad issues causing the pads to tear apart and the backing to come off.
    Go back to the OP words, they have nothing to do with fixing HT pads. The thread grew into that, therefore, it's fair game.

Post Thanks / Like

It's ok to go off on a tangent sometimes as long as discussion is helpful and people's panties don't bunch up too much.

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Post Thanks / Like

You better go back and read the 1st post then, because it's about how great the pads are, not about super isolated cases of them falling apart from possible pad design and user error issues. Eric asked a question and I replied to it.
    Super isolated? lol Apparently you haven't really been keeping up with just how many people are having this issue then, have you? LOTS of people are having the same issues.

The post started out stating how good the pads are and then those of us, including some AG staff members, starting talking about the backing failing and the pads tearing apart with very little use. It never steered away from the HT pads. The post you made, I'm not sure even applies to the HT pads at all.

The HT pads have problems that we're trying to help resolve. So making a post about how great the pads are needs to be supplemented with the fact that there is a problem with them failing and HOPEFULLY with how the issue has been resolved by the manufacturer and those of us selected to test them.

OH, and below is a picture of how 5 of the 14 HT pads I had fail:

and another photo showing that they have almost no wear what-so-ever:

yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Super isolated? lol Apparently you haven't really been keeping up with just how many people are having this issue then, have you? LOTS of people are having the same issues.

I'll stand by what Eric has already stated:

Quote Originally Posted by The Pad Man View Post
    In our testing, we have had no problem. The remedy would be to not use a ton of pressure on the DA. It does have its limitations on what it can do. Out of the 5000+ Hydro pads we have sold, I personally have heard of only 3 problems.
    I'd call that isolated.

Haven't noticed any widespread issues on the 4-5 detailing forums I frequent? I've gone through several dozen hydro pads and haven't had one single issue with them delaminating or any other LC pad for that matter.

Are you using these pads damp/wet? In your pics, both sides of the pad look saturated. How much pressure are you applying?

Post Thanks / Like

haha Everyone asks that same thing. I used them no different than I've used any other pad I've purchased. If you read all of my posts in this thread, I've stated they failed in as little as 2 uses. I do not use too much pressure and the pads don't overheat as we were working indoors with pretty much all of them.

As far as an "isolated" issue, if you bought 14 pads and ALL 14 of them failed from the same 2 issues, you wouldn't call that isolated either. Let's not pretend you would.

I'm occassionally using them damp, but not soaking wet. We spin our pads as dry as possible with a rotary after cleaning them. We use enough pressure to correct what we're working on. Neither one of us used more pressure with the HT pads than we do with CCS pads and NONE of our CCS pads have failed under all of the same circumstances as the HT pads, so yes, there is an issue and Eric is working with us to resolve the problems.
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

As far as an "isolated" issue, if you bought 14 pads and ALL 14 of them failed from the same 2 issues, you wouldn't call that isolated either. Let's not pretend you would.

I'm occassionally using them damp, but not soaking wet.

I'd either call that a bad batch or user error.

I suggest you read this:

Caring for Closed Cell Foam Pads (Cyan, Tangerine, Meguiars Maroon) - Truth In Detailing Auto Detailing Forum

Post Thanks / Like

I'd either call that a bad batch or user error.

I suggest you read this:

Caring for Closed Cell Foam Pads (Cyan, Tangerine, Meguiars Maroon) - Truth In Detailing Auto Detailing Forum
    Interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

lol David, you're being extremely rude and I don't appreciate it. We've CLEARLY explained that we did nothing different with the HT pads than we do with the CCS pads, which we're having NO ISSUES with.

I shouldn't have to change my detailing habits to an extreme to keep a pad from failing in just a few uses. I've read plenty of posts of other people having the same issues. If you're not having issues, good for you. Please start your own post if you want him to ressurect an older pad for you. In this thread, we've clearly stated the correction ability of the HT pads is awesome, but there is a serious problem with the backing adhesive failing and the pad being torn apart around the edge not protected by the backing. We didn't cut them ourselves to be glory hounds. I don't like wasting my money on products that fail after an unacceptable number of uses.

So please, I'll ask you nicely to quit insinuating that we are the cause of the pad failures we've had in the past with the HT pads, because that's all I'm getting from your posts.

That link you pasted shows exactly the same failure issues we've had. Unfortunately...I shouldn't have to wait DAYS for a pad to dry before I can use it again. That's unreasonable, and just to clarify before you post something else insulting and demeaning, I have cleaned them, left them to dry over a weekend and come back and had the backing come off, so no, letting them dry before you use them again ISN'T solving the problem.
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

I have cleaned them, left them to dry over a weekend and come back and had the backing come off, so no, letting them dry before you use them again ISN'T solving the problem.
    Good info.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast