autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review- Autogeek 1 Year Customer, DP Extreme Foam, Poorboys Super Slick and Wax Shampoo, Griots 3 inch Polisher

So around this time last year I bought my Audi S5 and knew ABSOLUTELY nothing about car washing, drying, polishing, waxing etc (basically I was a typical guy who followed the karate kid regiment). Anyway someone from another forum directed me to Autogeek and I've been exactly that since day one, an Autogeek.

Lately I've been doing a lot of ordering from Autogeek and I've honestly never seen a website/company so dedicated to their customers (based on this forum and it subscribers you can tell they're doing something right). Before you continue reading do not mistake this as a flaming thread, as it's DEFINITELY not what I intend it to be by any means, but this week I've had my first bad experience.

Late last week I placed two orders, each of which resulted in 150.00 worth of needed things, but thanks to AGBUCKS it was reduced by $20 each. So $130.00 of product which included the P21S Contours look paste wax, great. Anyway after ordering I was doing my daily rounds on the site and stumbled upon the P21S 100%, and after quickly reading various reviews on it I decided I had made a mistake. Fast as I could I emailed AG through their "contact us" portion of the site, and requested they simply change the wax, and I pay the difference, I thought it'd be no big deal. I didn't receive any conformation towards a change and assumed they made it as to my request. Today I receive the package and was sad to see the Contours look wax. Also, with an order earlier this week I had placed for the XMT Pad cleaner and Menzerna 85RD, I requested a change (after ordering I noticed a package that consisted of pad cleaner and lubricant). I requested to just pay the difference once again, but luckily this time I received an email stating that was not possible. I am just upset by these two mishaps, but there is absolutely no way I will stop being loyal to Autogeek, just some constructive criticism. I am sure after reading their return/exchange policy it will be a simple swap for the wax, but a bit unnecessary. Still after 1 year and only one complaint, it's quite evident that AG is doing something right and I would just like to thank the devoted staff that continuously helps us enthusiasts.

Also included in the boxes today though were the products I've been really excited about.

We'll start with the DP extreme foam.
    All I can say is wow, what have I been missing? I received the free sample with my foam gun, but didn't think to much of it at the time. I may have been conservative with it though, since it was a sample. Today though it made me realize why the foam gun is so great. I know I may be criticized for this, but typically I'd put whatever soaps I had at the time (Wolfgang, Pinnacle, P21S), but this is totally on a different level suds wise, I'd definitely recommend this product for anyone with a foam gun, or anything similar.

The Poorboys Super Slick and Wax Shampoo I was very skeptical about. I've never used Poorboys, and compared to the prices of Wolfgang, and Pinnacle it is quite cheap...very cheap in fact. I kinda don't wanna write this review actually because of how much I like the stuff, and the fact AG says "limited supply" , but anyway this wash is amazing. Like most people, I think price reflects quality, but nooooo way is that the case with this wash. While it didn't feel as "luxurious" as Pinnacle it was still very smooth and lubricated feeling. I was praising it the entire wash lol. It also foams up incredibly, and the foams lasted throughout my entire wash. I would pick this up before the supply runs out from me buying every bottle haha. The shine it gave was great as well.
    Past Washes tried- Wolfgang Auto Bath, Pinnacle Body Work Shampoo, Meguiars Gold Class, P21S Conditioning Shampoo, DoDo Supernatural.

The Griots 3inch buffer is definitely a great buy, but I will admit it was a bit impulsive. The thing has some power for its size, and is very user friendly. Minimal vibration even when in the higher speeds. I tested it out today with Griots Polish 3 and it removed a scratch that has been bugging me for about 5-6 months. For anyone who has tight spots, and a curvy car this is definitely a polisher to consider.

Thank you for reading, and be well everyone.
    Last edited by JonM; 01-07-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review- Autogeek 1 Year Customer, DP Extreme Foam, Poorboys Super Slick and Wax Shampoo, Griots 3 inch Polisher

Best thing to do is always give them a call if you need to change anything or have issues. I always get someone on the line within a few min.

Nice orders and great car....love VAG cars...I have been eyeing the new 3" buffer as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review- Autogeek 1 Year Customer, DP Extreme Foam, Poorboys Super Slick and Wax Shampoo, Griots 3 inch Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by agpatel View Post
    Best thing to do is always give them a call if you need to change anything or have issues. I always get someone on the line within a few min.

Nice orders and great car....love VAG cars...I have been eyeing the new 3" buffer as well.
    Thanks for the compliments. You live and learn I guess, and next time I'll definitely call them.
    Last edited by JonM; 01-07-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

wheres the pics ... happy Anniversary Audi owner !

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the product reviews! I just got the 3" polisher myself so I'm glad to hear a positive review as I've yet to use it. The Poorboys SS&S I have to say is one of my favorite soaps. It's not the most expensive soap ever, but I would call it the cheapest either. It is however extremely effective.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like

killrwheels thank you, and there are 2 pictures in my album, and more to come on Tuesday when I do a full detail

Mikey, it was no prob, and you're right the normal SS&S isn't that cheap, but I was referring to the one infused with wax which is only $10.00 a bottle. IMO it's a real steal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JonM View Post
    killrwheels thank you, and there are 2 pictures in my album, and more to come on Tuesday when I do a full detail

Mikey, it was no prob, and you're right the normal SS&S isn't that cheap, but I was referring to the one infused with wax which is only $10.00 a bottle. IMO it's a real steal.
    Oops! I didn't see that. I don't think wash & wax soaps are terribly popular amount the detailing enthusiast crowd which is probably why it's so cheap.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like

I have found myself in this situation before and literally a quick phone call was all that was needed for them to update the order. Not to mention, they are very gracious about setting up RMA as well. If you really want to exchange out the wax, I would highly doubt it would be a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I had some same situations in the near past and a simple call solved me the issue...Penny is really awesome and she always solved me every situation I had....I always buy in Autogeek because definitely products are great but most important of all is that I always feel they are there when I need them and they are very devoted to us.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the haul of your new products!
    Can't wait for your pics.

Like the others have said - calling is the best way to change your order. I have had to do it before, and it has never been an issue that way. When you consider that they may have hundreds of e-mails coming in through the contact us link, calling is really efficient. I have even had to leave messages, and them be back with me in a couple of hours before my package was shipped.

DLB