autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wurth A/C & Heating System Treatment

As a smoker, I do my best to not smoke in my vehicle. Sometimes, due to traffic, stress, or just plain not caring (one of those days), I do smoke in my truck. Although I always try to keep it out the window, and keep my interior spotless, I'm sure a non-smoker could detect the scent of smoke in my vehicle. I also purchased my 01 Mercedes ML55 AMG with 60k miles on it, so Im sure there was plenty of bacteria, smoke residue, and whatever else the previous owner(s) decided to introduce into the cabin of the truck within the air system. I decided to eliminate these issues as best I could. I found a product on autogeeks website that caught my attention. It was Wurth A/C & Heating System Treatment. First, I did some maintenance detailing of my interior, cleaning and protecting the vinyl & leather, vacuuming the carpets, cleaning the floormats, etc. I decided if I was going to de-smoke the interior I was going to take care of the obvious things first. Next I changed out my cabin air filter, to further enhance my air purification process. Next, I sprayed a bit of the Wurth product into each vent in the truck including the defrosters. The directions say to spray it into the intake of air system, located in the passenger side footwell but I wanted to really spread aroound the product to really eliminate any odors, bateria, fungi, mold and any other nasties that may be luring in there. The aerosol can came with a tube to attach to the sprayer, which allows you to get the product into the vents pretty deeply. Next, I turned the A/C on high, set it to circulate the air through all the vents, and sprayed a liberal amount of product into the air intake vent to really get the product throughout the system. I probably used a little more then half of the 6 oz. can overall. Then I shut it down and let the truck sit for a while to let the product work. I added a fresh yankee candle air freshener as a finishing touch. I drove it maybe 2 hours later and the truck smelled very clean, and the air was fresher then normal. The product has a citrusy, slightly chemical smell, similar to an ozium or other air cleaner type sprays. It was a bit strong at first but maybe 5 or 6 hours later was barely noticable, obviously fading way. Overall, I would defintely use this product again. I have no real way of gauging how well the product worked in terms of germ-killing, but it defintely got rid of that nasty, moldy AC smell I had going and the slight smoke/dirty air smell I could notice when the heat was on. As far I could tell the product did its job, and made the interior of my truck a much more enjoyable place for myself as well as any passengers, especially non-smokers. Smoking is now totally off limits in my truck, which isnt a big deal, being I only smoked occasionally in there, maybe once or twice a week at most. I'm not a heavy smoker to begin with (a pack lasts me about 4 days, give or take) and this will help me smoke even less, as I am on the verge of quitting (one of these months). I would defintely recommend this product to others, especially to any smokers out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wurth A/C & Heating System Treatment

Thanks for the review! And good luck on quitting. Don't quit quitting untill you quit
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! Ill get there. Done it before.

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny when u said Cabin Filter i would like to know how many people change there cabin filter in ther cars or trucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know this product works as I always wondered about it but have not yet had a reason to use it.

Keep up with the quitting! The nice clean smell in your Merc is one more motivator to stop! Imagine that cleanliness, but for your lungs.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. I've been considering this product because since I quit smoking every time I turn on the the air in my car it smells bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review and good luck with kicking the habit!