autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss Aquawax

This week, I flew out to visit my family in Socal for the thanksgiving weekend after not seeing them for 4 months. I detailed both their cars (RX400h and LS430) before they were shipped to have them clean and very well protected since I didn't know when I could take care of them next. As expected, the salt/dust in the air on the coast took its toll and the cars were looking pretty ratty. I was not too happy when I asked my dad where the new swirls in his car came from and found out that he gave the two cars a few nice dawn washes! Thankfully I had 1 layer of DGPS, and two layers of Colli 476 on both.

So I decided to find a place to get some basic car wash stuff and found a small detailers supply store that really impressed me. There was everything from the whole P21S line to Autoglym and Duragloss. I got some Autosmart car wash (not very good), #9 water based dressing, some microfibers, a wash mitt, and finally some Duragloss Aquawax.

I washed the two cars, but was so blown away with Aquawax that I felt the need to snap two pictures and post a review! This is just after a wash and Duragloss after being neglected for months:

Anyways, I always feel like its a case of I told you so but I now understand how underrated Duragloss truely is and will be trying more of their products. Bought the bottle for $6 including taxes. I will post some of the LS when I get another layer on tomorrow.
    Last edited by christian900se; 11-28-2009 at 12:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Duragloss Aquawax

Their stuff is great. Their stand out products IMO are AW, 101, 265, 261, and people say 105 is great. Nice pics...

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that black paint looks dripping wet. AW is a great product, but your prep work under that LSP is what makes it look outstanding.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Aqua Wax
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Aquawax rocks! Everything in the DG seems to be overlookedby many folks except from the people who use it. I guess it is just too cheap for people to think it works.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a bit carried away with pictures, but if you are interested in seeing Aquawax on a lighter metallic color then I thought this would help:

It allows the pearl to ping through and really pop which is nice and shows that the protection left is pretty clear optically. Very happy with Duragloss Aquawax, and would highly recommend it to anyone... You can't go wrong for 6 bucks either.
    Last edited by christian900se; 11-28-2009 at 06:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by detail viking View Post
    Their stuff is great. Their stand out products IMO are AW, 101, 265, 261, and people say 105 is great. Nice pics...
    I will be sure to get into the rest of their product line, and will look into your recommendations!

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Wow that black paint looks dripping wet. AW is a great product, but your prep work under that LSP is what makes it look outstanding.
    It is all in the prep work, but I didn't expect it to come up as well as it did which is why I am so pleased with the results. Thanks for the comment btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I love Aqua Wax
    Quote Originally Posted by daveo View Post
    Aquawax rocks! Everything in the DG seems to be overlookedby many folks except from the people who use it. I guess it is just too cheap for people to think it works.
    Haha, I think the simple packaging and lack of publicity really put a handicap on Duragloss to most enthusiasts. But man its awesome when you do get around to trying it out. I always feel a bit stupid when I finally cave in and get the stuff that people talk about like Duragloss and realize it actually is that good.

Post Thanks / Like

One note: the look and slickness changed a bit over the period of a day. It gained some slickness and seemed to take on a bit more wetness but that just could be my imagination.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daveo View Post
    in some people mind's, they think that a cheaper (price wise) product is not as good as one more expensive, which is absolutely not true. DG makes some excellent products, and i've been satisfied with everything i've tried from them...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Stunning finish on both cars. Did you dry the cars before applying Aquawax?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast