autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

PR: Wolfgang line and Dodo Juice Mello Yellow Rim Cleaner

Exterior:
    Wolfgang Auto Bath
    $19.99
    This product is great at cleaning and removing hard to get thing off like bugs ect. I mixed 2oz. of Auto Bathe with 5 gallons of water. It gets nice a suddy. I used the Mothers’ Wool Mitt to clean the vehicle and it removed everything. I used the Pinnacle Bug sponge on the front bumper with the Auto Bathe it didn't require an elbow grease to remove the bugs. This has else become one of my favorite Car Wash Soaps. On the other hand it is a little on the pricy side.

Wolfgang Poly Clay
    $29.99
    This clay bar is medium grade clay. It did an excellent job removing all the contaminant that was on the paint surface. I have you this clay on many vehicles even white on with plenty of rail dust on the vehicle. Every time I have used this clay it has taken 90% of the contaminants off the paint. On the other hand it would be nice is Wolfgang came out with a little more aggressive clay for those really soiled cars.

Wolfgang Sprits Quick Detail -
    $19.99
    This product is great not only as a QD but also as a Clay Lubricant. I use this on my truck daily to remove any dust of dirty that may have gotten on the vehicle the day before. Not only does it make the paint glisten in the sun but it also helps the wax and sealant last longer. If you do not want to wash your vehicle weekly then use this QD everyday to every other day. It will take you about 5 minutes to go over the whole vehicle. Also another plus to this product is that if you apply it right there is little to no streaking.

Rims, Tires, Exhaust Tips
    Dodo Juice Rim Cleaner - I was very disappointed in there rim cleaner. The products dries way to fast (rims where cool and I was working in the shade) The wheels I was working on were super dirty and by the time I was done cleaning the rim and I rinsed them off it would leave dirt residue all over the rim. I had to wash the front rims 2-3 times to get them completely clean. I would not recommend this product to anyone that will be cleaning really soiled rims. Stick to Pinnacle or P21S

Wolfgang Poly Clay - Did a great job removing that hard to get caked on brake. it still left some behind. So it would be nice if Wolfgang could come out with a more aggressive clay to.
    Steel Wool and Mother all purpose metal polish for the exhaust tips

Interior:
    Griot Garage Interior Cleaner

Wolfgang Leather Care Cleaner
    $19.99
    This product cleaned the leather with ease. The red leather seats in this car had some black marks and were really dirty. This leather cleaner cleaned them and had them looking new again and ready for the conditioner.

Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner
    $29.99
    This is a great leather conditioner I goes on easy with a foam or microfiber applicator and it not sticky or have a high glossy look to it. Also after applying it, it does not leave a bad smell in the car like some leather conditioners do. It really gives the leather a nice rich look to it and brings out the color very well.

Wolfgang Carpet and Upholstery Restore
    $19.99
    I used this on the BMW logo on the drive side carpet. It easily turned the brown logo to silver with 2 quick strokes of the brush. So far this product works great. I will be trying this product on a light color carpet soon.

Paint Correction and LSP:
    Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0
    $19.99 8oz.
    I used the flex light weight with LC 6'' orange CCS pad. I started at 1500rpm then brought it down to 1000rpm. It left the paint finish flawless. Since I was using a rotary buffer there were halo's left in the paint. But if your using a DA polisher you could definitely use this as a one step polish. It finishes pretty nice.

Just for fun I wanted to see one this vehicle how TSR would hold up against the big dog M105. They both took all the swirls out of the finish. The only difference that I could find TSR left a nicer finish to work with. So for this car I would have to say that the TSR worked better then the M105 (by leaving a better finish to work with).
    ** Results may vary on different vehicles due to the condition of the paint and the toughness of the clear coat. Some vehicles may require a stronger product then TSR so please do a test spot before going over the whole vehicle, to find that your product of chose did not work.

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze
    $19.99 8oz.
    I used the flex light weight with LC white flat pad at 1000 rpm. I applied light to moderate pressure working the product into the paint till it was clear. This left the paint with no holograms and really brought out the metallic flakes in the paint. I would have to say that this product definitely finishes much better than M205.

Wolfgang Fusion
    $175
    I was amazing how little wax it took to cover the whole car. I applied it over the whole car then I started vacuuming the interior of the car. I left the wax on the car for about an hour and it was so easy to take off. I was amazed on the dept it gave me in the black paint. It was my first time using Fuzion and it have become my new favorite was next to Pinnacle Souveran. I was skeptic about paying $175 for a wax but now I know why it is priced so high because it will m
    Last edited by sullysdetailing; 12-04-2009 at 11:40 AM.
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PR: Wolfgang line and Dodo Juice Mello Yellow Rim Cleaner

Thanks for the review.
    I want to try the leather products mentioned and of course the swirl remover twins. Nice to see they get good reviews.

I just can't help but wonder though - when comparing the TSR 3.0 against the M105, it isn't as aggressive is it?

I understand that it would probably remove most swirls on most vehicles, but giving the difference in the jump from compound to heavy polish, I would still think more (heavier) correction could be achieved with the M105.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Blevins View Post
    Thanks for the review.
    I want to try the leather products mentioned and of course the swirl remover twins. Nice to see they get good reviews.

I just can't help but wonder though - when comparing the TSR 3.0 against the M105, it isn't as aggressive is it?

I understand that it would probably remove most swirls on most vehicles, but giving the difference in the jump from compound to heavy polish, I would still think more (heavier) correction could be achieved with the M105.

DLB
    The Black BMW I was working on was pretty bad. I will all be tring it on a hacked H2 SUT this coming up weekend. To me it is close if not the same as M105. All I used before TSR was M105 and SIP. The TSR falls somewhere in the middle. To me is finished nicer then M105 and made it really easy to polish. The Finshing glaze was also great but i had the old white fomula and when I poured this onto my pad it was purple and really gritty kind through me off guard so I called Mike Phillips to make sure the bottles were not labeled wrong and they weren't so I continued working.

Even working on this black car I could of stopped after then TSR and not continue to the Finishing Glaze but since I was writing the review I finshed with the Finshing Glaze. I taught that hte finsh couldn't get any better after the TSR and boy was I wrong.

Also I wish there was more sun out when I finished but it was 5pm and since it get dark around 6:30 I didnt have much to work with but the Fuzion really lets the metalic flake pop.
    Last edited by sullysdetailing; 11-24-2009 at 11:04 AM.
    Shawn
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your in-depth reply Shawn.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like

Np I am glad to write them and will continue doing so. Hopefully these write up will lead people to try a new product they wouldnt have tried before reading the review
    Shawn
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Can you please explain to me how you came to the conclussion that TSR is just as good or if not better than 105. When one is a compound and one is a medium type polish, one has non-diminishing abrasives and the other has diminishing abrasives. In my use of both products they are not even comparable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    Can you please explain to me how you came to the conclussion that TSR is just as good or if not better than 105. When one is a compound and one is a medium type polish, one has non-diminishing abrasives and the other has diminishing abrasives. In my use of both products they are not even comparable.
    Please explain

Post Thanks / Like

I think we should take a look at this chart and compare the two products.
    Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart
    And IMO this chart is close to what each product can do.But using all three of these products.I don't feel that TSR should be so high up on the scale maybe a 5 .The 105 is were it belongs.I used the TSR on my vette and another members vette in my car club just to make sure my paint and his were the same.
    The paint laughed at the the TSR not that the TSR isn't a great product it was just the tough clear coat.
    I them moved right up too the 105 on a rotary using wool and that is what made the difference.
    So i just don't feel they are even close at all.
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    The Black BMW I was working on was pretty bad. I will all be tring it on a hacked H2 SUT this coming up weekend. To me it is close if not the same as M105. All I used before TSR was M105 and SIP. The TSR falls somewhere in the middle. To me is finished nicer then M105 and made it really easy to polish. The Finshing glaze was also great but i had the old white fomula and when I poured this onto my pad it was purple and really gritty kind through me off guard so I called Mike Phillips to make sure the bottles were not labeled wrong and they weren't so I continued working.

Even working on this black car I could of stopped after the nTSR and not continue to the Finishing Glaze but since I was writing the review I finshed with the Finshing Glaze. I taught that hte finsh couldn't get any better after the TSR and boy was I wrong.

Also I wish there was more sun out when I finished but it was 5pm and since it get dark around 6:30 I didnt have much to work with but the Fuzion really lets the metalic flake pop.
    If you thought that the finish couldn't get any nicer after the TSR I thought the same thing after the wfg until I then finished it even further with the Menz 85rd on a blue pad with my Flex. Now that is finished. Get it done with the 85rd
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    I understand what you are saying if you read my second post I said it falls inbetween M105 and SIP. I used both M105 and TSR to see the diffrence on this BMW and both removed all of the swirls the only difference I could see was that TSR finished nicer. The clear coat on the 135i wasn't that tough. That is why I said what I my first and second post. I will try TSR on diffrent types of clear coat and I will write another review.
    Last edited by sullysdetailing; 11-24-2009 at 11:06 AM.
    Shawn
    www.autogeek.net

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast