autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Finish Kare 425

Post Thanks / Like

Finish Kare 425

I ordered some of this to see if there was anyway I could reduce the effects my black car and my dad's black Lexus seem to have on attracting dust. I have been using Gl0ss It Gloss Enhancer for a while and love it as an all round QD, but have always heard excellent stuff about FK 425 so I figured why not?

The first thing I noticed was the cool pink color to it, different and certainly looks interesting next to all my other detailing supplies. The biggest issue I had to adjust to was the sprayer. This thing streams out product and makes it extremely easy to overapply. When this occured, I would get some ghosting on my Saab but it did not streak. I would literally use a half dozen drops from one tiny squeeze of the trigger and that is good enough for a whole body panel.

Cleaning ability is negligable, but this is more of a "beauty" QD in my view. It leaves a fantastic finish, one which I prefer over Gloss Enhancer in the looks department. It also provides good beading properties and leaves a nice slick finish.

Finally, onto the principle reason why I bought it; dust. I am happy to say that once I got the amount to apply down, it reduced the amount of dust on the car from a drive I do regularly by about a third. This is an improvement, and while it is not the cure-all solution to dust, merrits consideration because it actually helped.

Pros:

-ease of use
    -would not streak
    -slickness is great
    -looks great
    -lovely pink color
    -cuts down on dust, awesome!

Cons:

-applicator stinks
    -will leave ghosting behind if overapplied, very finicky

Conclusion:

As far as my last step product is concerned (excluding sealants and waxes), this is my number one pick at the moment. Does what it says with a few issues but those are easily overlooked when you adjust your technique and see the results.
    Last edited by christian900se; 10-08-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finish Kare 425

Sorry for the limited pictures, my car from the rear after debadging it.

Collinite 915 in two layers, topped with FK 425:

Post Thanks / Like

And my dad's 2008 RX400h. It is getting shipped to CA, but they picked it up at our place in Greenwich, CT, to go down to NJ where it will be loaded onto a covered car transporter for the trip west:

Fully polished, one layer of WG DGPS, two layers of Collinite 476, twice over with FK 425.

And my dad saying goodbye to his baby haha:

Post Thanks / Like

I love 425. It is one of my fav QD's. It can be used for everything. Glass, interiors, etc...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

It's a great QD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christian900se View Post
    I ordered some of this to see if there was anyway I could reduce the effects my black car and my dad's black Lexus seem to have on attracting dust. I have been using Gl0ss It Gloss Enhancer for a while and love it as an all round QD, but have always heard excellent stuff about FK 425 so I figured why not?

The first thing I noticed was the cool pink color to it, different and certainly looks interesting next to all my other detailing supplies. The biggest issue I had to adjust to was the sprayer. This thing streams out product and makes it extremely easy to overapply. When this occured, I would get some ghosting on my Saab but it did not streak. I would literally use a half dozen drops from one tiny squeeze of the trigger and that is good enough for a whole body panel.

Cleaning ability is negligable, but this is more of a "beauty" QD in my view. It leaves a fantastic finish, one which I prefer over Gloss Enhancer in the looks department. It also provides good beading properties and leaves a nice slick finish.

Finally, onto the principle reason why I bought it; dust. I am happy to say that once I got the amount to apply down, it reduced the amount of dust on the car from a drive I do regularly by about a third. This is an improvement, and while it is not the cure-all solution to dust, merrits consideration because it actually helped.

Pros:

-ease of use
    -would not streak
    -slickness is great
    -looks great
    -lovely pink color
    -cuts down on dust, awesome!

Cons:

-applicator stinks
    -will leave ghosting behind if overapplied, very finicky

Conclusion:

As far as my last step product is concerned (excluding sealants and waxes), this is my number one pick at the moment. Does what it says with a few issues but those are easily overlooked when you adjust your technique and see the results.
    It smells pretty good too. If you have an empty Aqua Wax bottle use that nozzle as it will spray a finer and more consistent mist.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, I will have to try that out. It has a wierd smell, not unpleasent, but a smell I can't quite put my finger on...

Post Thanks / Like

When i first looked into the 425 before Ag carried it i bought the sample kit from FK site.The 425 came in a small handy sprayer it produces a nice mist no drops.I've seen the same type of sprayers at a local beauty supply called sally's.Take a look on FK site and you can see it in the sample kit
    Lamborghini Broward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyguy View Post
    When i first looked into the 425 before Ag carried it i bought the sample kit from FK site.The 425 came in a small handy sprayer it produces a nice mist no drops.I've seen the same type of sprayers at a local beauty supply called sally's.Take a look on FK site and you can see it in the sample kit

Good to know..thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I love 425. It is one of my fav QD's. It can be used for everything. Glass, interiors, etc...
    agreed, and it's one product that i always highly recommend...