autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Review-Autobahn Wall Mount

Always at your fingertips, yet conveniently out of your way.

The Autobahn Wall Mount Max Vac gives you the unparalleled convenience of a central vacuum system without the expensive installation. The Autobahn Max Vac hangs neatly on any wall and reaches anywhere in the garage with a 40 ft. hose! The Autobahn Max Vac provides powerful suction to keep your entire garage clean. The Autobahn Max Vac's revolutionary design will turn your garage into a state-of-the-art detail shop!

Well I came in to do a few emails and get caught up today, but it was time for a little interior cleaning on the car too.... so I figured I would vac while here since we have a A/C garage here and I don't at home!
    I haven't really used the Max Vac even though its been hanging in the garage since Detail Fest... so I gave it a try!

Here it is mounted on the garage wall.

I really like how neat it is, all the tools have a place.

You have all the attachments you need on board.

The hose is a stretch hose and STRETCH it does! This is a picture of the hose before I pulled on it.

This shows you how it stretches out.

Here is an example of how far you can go with it.... 40 feet of hose!

Here are my dirty mats, I always have in my Weathertech Floorliners but I took them out a month ago and this is what I get for doing that! They are going back in today!

Crevice brush for the hard to reach places.

Brush worked great on the rubber part of the mats where the dirt was sticking.

And here is the clean mat!

I have to say I am very impressed with the vac!

Autobahn Max Vac Wall Mount Garage Vacuum

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review-Autobahn Wall Mount

Hi Meghan,
    I am glad to see your review of this vac. I think that the design, slim profile and 6yr warranty are very impressive not to mention the 40' hose. What disappointed me about this vac was that it didn't have the ability to double as a blower. How do you find this vac in comparison to the Metro Vac and Blow Sr.?
    Also do you think that these vacs will ever be included in your future sales? It seems that vacuums are always excluded from your sales or at least all of the sales since I have been a member.

Also which camera did you use for the pics in the garage the Nikon or the Fuji?
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unclestu View Post
    Hi Meghan,
    I am glad to see your review of this vac. I think that the design, slim profile and 6yr warranty are very impressive not to mention the 40' hose. What disappointed me about this vac was that it didn't have the ability to double as a blower. How do you find this vac in comparison to the Metro Vac and Blow Sr.?
    Also do you think that these vacs will ever be included in your future sales? It seems that vacuums are always excluded from your sales or at least all of the sales since I have been a member.

Also which camera did you use for the pics in the garage the Nikon or the Fuji?

This vac cannot compare to the Vac N Blow because of the blowing feature. IF you are looking for a Vac that vacuums and blows, in my mind Metro has the BEST! But if you just need a vac for the garage this one is pretty darn good.
    I am really impressed with the hose being able to stretch like it does.
    As for sales, it is marked down right now probably the lowest you will see it. If you are interested in one, I would jump on the pricing it is now. You can use your free shipping code on top of the sale price.

And you will laugh about the camera, since it was my day off and I did not really plan to turn my small interior cleaning into a review, I went with the camera I keep in my car. Good old fashion Sony Cyber-Shot! Just a small photographer side note I learned in a photography class years ago... the camera has only 5% to do with the outcome of the photos, the operator is 95% in control and responsible! So you don't need a highend camera to make it happen, just some passion behind what you are doing. Good example is the brownie box camera. You young ones will have no idea of what I am talking about! But the brownie box had no extras on it like they do today, and it took some great pictures. So don't go broke buying a camera, do your thing with what you got, just put some thought into it.

Post Thanks / Like

Meghan were those really your mats before vacuuming >>> May I suggest a hot water extractor and some 303 Fabric Gard. (smiles)

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

What is the HP? Is it equal to, let's say, a 6HP shop vac?

Post Thanks / Like

I used it at DTF, I just don't remember who's car it was on. Worked great.
    Ed

Moderator/Consultant for Autogeek.net

To achieve excellence, excellence cannot be rushed. Technique is just as important as the product used.
    While my approach takes more time, the results are far superior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    This vac cannot compare to the Vac N Blow because of the blowing feature. IF you are looking for a Vac that vacuums and blows, in my mind Metro has the BEST! But if you just need a vac for the garage this one is pretty darn good.
    I am really impressed with the hose being able to stretch like it does.
    As for sales, it is marked down right now probably the lowest you will see it. If you are interested in one, I would jump on the pricing it is now. You can use your free shipping code on top of the sale price.

And you will laugh about the camera, since it was my day off and I did not really plan to turn my small interior cleaning into a review, I went with the camera I keep in my car. Good old fashion Sony Cyber-Shot! Just a small photographer side note I learned in a photography class years ago... the camera has only 5% to do with the outcome of the photos, the operator is 95% in control and responsible! So you don't need a highend camera to make it happen, just some passion behind what you are doing. Good example is the brownie box camera. You young ones will have no idea of what I am talking about! But the brownie box had no extras on it like they do today, and it took some great pictures. So don't go broke buying a camera, do your thing with what you got, just put some thought into it.
    Thanks Meghan,
    Now I know that there is no point in waiting for the vac to go on sale so I will be ordering mine soon.
    I agree with you 100% with regard to the type of camera to buy. I started as a kid with my fathers pre WWII Lieca. Everything on it was manual and that being so it forced you to fully learn how to control and use all of the various elements that go into making a great photograph.
    And as far as dating yourself with your reference to the Brownie box camera I can remember buying Kodak 35mm film when it came in a tin canister with a screw on top. And now they took my Kodachrome away

Thanks and enjoy your weekend
    Stu
    [SIGWe PIC][/SIGPIC]
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    MAY THE SHINE BE WITH YOU