autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menz Power Finish

I have no problems with jeweling, and certainly do so if the detailing job calls for it. 203 is still a great one stepper even with a more aggressive pad, however I am sure that when used on a softer paint would marr regardless and require an additional step to jewel.

I think I made it sound like I don't think jeweling is necessary, and thats not what I think. There are many threads where I used a combination of XMT #3 and then #2 to finish, and some where I finished with Gl0ss it evolution polish or Menz po87mc. If you want or need to take it to the next level, then it definately makes it worthwhile to go the additional step. But if you just want to correct and leave a decent LSP ready finish then I think 203 (at least up to the orange pad) finishs well enough.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a bottle of Power Finish this past week. Have not tried it yet. I am contemplating ordering a bottle of the PO85RD as a finishing polish for the Power Finish if needed. I notice that it also is a OEM product and lower cut and higher gloss than the Power Finish. I know that some are saying that Power Finish can be used as a 1 step polish and step down pads to finish.
    I still would like a finer polish if I needed to complete a correction. This is my first time using Menzerna and want to
    have a 2 step process if needed. Anybody concur with this selection? The PO85RD is on sale for 10 dollars off and says this polish is a limited supply. Would love to order enough stuff to get a few of the Cobra 600 MF's. Just can't swing it. I have ordered a bunch of stuff over the last two weeks. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belcherm58 View Post
    I got a bottle of Power Finish this past week. Have not tried it yet. I am contemplating ordering a bottle of the PO85RD as a finishing polish for the Power Finish if needed. I notice that it also is a OEM product and lower cut and higher gloss than the Power Finish. I know that some are saying that Power Finish can be used as a 1 step polish and step down pads to finish.
    I still would like a finer polish if I needed to complete a correction. This is my first time using Menzerna and want to
    have a 2 step process if needed. Anybody concur with this selection? The PO85RD is on sale for 10 dollars off and says this polish is a limited supply. Would love to order enough stuff to get a few of the Cobra 600 MF's. Just can't swing it. I have ordered a bunch of stuff over the last two weeks. lol
    Power finish should be followed up. 85rd or Ultrafina are great final polishes to follow up after Power finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHALT ROCKET View Post
    Power finish should be followed up. 85rd or Ultrafina are great final polishes to follow up after Power finish.
    Thanks a bunch. Gonna order now.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered the PO85RD. Gonna get my baby ready for the winter.
    I have some swirls and water spotting to buff off. Then a couple coats of Klasse and a couple coats of Souveran. Cannot wait for labor day weekend.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456