autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Metro Vac N Blo

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Metro Vac N Blo

Bonus Offer: FREE Turbo Hand Tool.

A 4 Wheel Dolly is also included. A very nice added value. The dolly is affixed by using high tension velcro fastener. Easy on and off, but stays put unless you force the removal.

Accessories Included

• 6' Extension Hose. The hose is very durable and flexible compared to other lightweight hoses.
    • Carpet & Floor Tool. Durable and Made in Ohio. The attachments are very similar to those offered by The Rigid Tool Company of Ohio.
    • 20" Extension Wands. 2 are listed on the store site. I received 3 extension wands.
    • Pik-All Nozzle
    • Crevice tool
    • Dusting Brush
    • Blower Nozzle
    • Inflator Adapter
    • Micro Cleaning Tool Kit. Very nice feature. I used it to clean my laptops. It's recommended to use the power control *open* to prevent overheating.
    • 4 Wheel Dolly. I modified the dolly. The wheel bolts were machine screws. I switched them to shoulder bolts for smoother gliding. I know. I'm fussy.
    • 2 Disposable Bags. I received 3 bags.

Shoulder Bolts for Dolly Wheels.

Pros.

Powerful Vacuum! So powerful, that I had to use the power control to enable me to glide the nozzle over the carpet and mats. One pass cleaned and fluffed the carpet/mats. Seat fabric looks very good after vacuuming.
    Lightweight portability. Easy to maneuver. I placed it inside the car or inside the trunk when vacuuming.
    Quiet....for a 4 HP, powerful vacuum.
    The Turbo Tool is an awesome value. It's a turbine/belt driven beater bar/brush and easy to repair if belt should break. It's a bit noisy, but powerful tools are sometimes that way.
    Blower attachment dries wheels and tires for earlier treatment times. Removes water from seams and crevices to eliminate any streaking after wipe down.
    Price. This Vac is fairly priced. There isn't a better made vacuum for the price, which makes it a great value. Made in U.S.A

Carpet after one pass of Turbo Tool.

Before.

After.

Cons.

Nothing derogatory about the Metro Vac except the wheel bolts.

Maintenance Tips.

After vacuuming, it's a good idea to clean the connection joints of all wands and extension hoses. The Metro-Vac extracts a lot of dirt and dust from carpets, seats, etc. This dust seems to find a place in the joints. If not kept clean, the friction due to off and on will eventually wear and loosen the connection, decreasing the suction performance of the vacuum.

Some photos of a Riccar extension wand joints that reveal what dust friction can do to loosen the connections.

Before buying the Metro-Vac, I studied many reviews but eventually bought it on Meghan's recommendation. I'm very satisfied. Now I can sell my shop vacs and old Eureka Canister.

Thanks again to Autogeek for supplying me with quality products at a fair price.

Metro Vac N'Blo® Portable Vacuum doubles as a powerful blower. Blow dry your car or motorcycle or vacuum your vehicle's interior with one Metro Vac N

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Metro Vac N Blo

Thank you for taking the time to write that up for us!!
    Matt Ferguson
    Needed Touch Detailing
    Making the city shine, one car at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome, fellow Buckeye!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been wanting one of these for a LONG time. I never had any doubts about it being a good tool but i went the cheap route and just picked up a new shop vac. someday....

Post Thanks / Like

Today I'm going to do a test sampling.

A new filter in the Metro Vac and I will follow sweeping behind the Rigid Shop Vac. I'm curious how much dirt and grit is left behind and if the Metro will show me the proof. Results to follow.

Post Thanks / Like

let us know blackfire I have been waiting for your test.