autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bissell Little Green Machine (from a skeptic)

I am going to buy the LGM handleto use on my shop vac so I can see what I am pulling up. I just think the cheap steamer I have combined with the shop vac suction will out perform the lgm

Post Thanks / Like

i was thinking about getting one of these... do you think the bissell auto would be better or the lgm?... i'm just gonna use it for a couple of cars
    08 Honda Accord Coupe V6 Polished Metal Metallic
    06 Acura TSX Alabaster Silver Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

The newer Little Green Machines, such as the ProHeat and the Auto Care have a stronger motor. The Auto Care model just has the regular brush handle and a brush/crevice tool which is nice for automotive interiors. Personally, I have a Little Green ProHeat which comes with the Turbo Brush because I couldn't wait for the Auto Care model to be released.

I really like my Bissell, but the durability is something to be desired. It can break easily if you're not careful (my ProHeat is my second unit) so don't let anybody borrow it. You also have to follow the instructions of using it properly, and rinsing the brush(es) after every use. The Turbo Brush is nice and I use it but I first always agitate the carpet manually with a separate carpet brush. And from what I understand, the heat feature is what ruins the spray nozzle which dispenses the cleaning product....my Turbo Brush nozzle already acts funky after only a handful of uses with Heat (even though I rinsed thoroughly in cold water afterwards every time!).

A Bissell is a cheap and effective alternative to a carpet extractor but I don't think it is as powerful. Either way, my carpets wouldn't survive with all the mud and stuff that gets on them from my job. Even with cleaning my carpet with my Shop Vac, Tuff Stuff, Grime Reaper, a carpet brush, and microfiber towels.....the Bissell just does a better job hands-down.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    And from what I understand, the heat feature is what ruins the spray nozzle which dispenses the cleaning product....my Turbo Brush nozzle already acts funky after only a handful of uses with Heat (even though I rinsed thoroughly in cold water afterwards every time!).
    I bet if you use destilled water rather than tap water it would help. It seems to work for me. I guess all the calcium and junk in the water causes problems.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My little green worked good for a while, then the sprayer stopped working most of the time. I also didn't like how the dirty water tank was inverted. Sometimes when you pick it up it dumps the water out and leaks. It gets the job done, but I think im going to get something a little nicer.

Post Thanks / Like

I like it as a general purpose carpet cleaner, but I have the proheat version and if you start using it the hot water seems to cool off after 10 seconds of use. It definately does a superior job over cleaning by hand but it leaves something to be desired if you are in need of a serious extractor.

Post Thanks / Like

It works well for what it is, I lucked up and picked up a refurb unit at a local store for $35 last year and it has worked well for me. As business picks up I will buy a Pro extractor.

Regular Member Blake's Mobile Detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking into the lgm and as soon as summer comes and business picks up again I think i am going to buy one.
    2009 Red f250 4door powerstroke fx4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123