autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Soapy Notes

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    The last GC I had didn't have any "foams better" stickers or whatever so it was most likely older stock, but with an MTM cannon and a good pressure washer I have never had issues with it making what I consider usable foam

I can only get HW at O'Reilly's for about $37 a gallon but as long as they stock it I will buy it

They actually keep it back in the back and not out on the shelves with the rest of the OTC garbage and the first time I looked for it and didn't see it on the shelf I started to walk out and a lady stopped me and asked me what I was looking for

She even had to look it up and figure out it was in the back and wasn't sure why

I don't have a lot of confidence that I will always be able to find it there

Great, now I am paranoid and I better go pick up a few gallons

Thanks a lot
    That’s funny they keep it in the back like it’s something priceless.

Don’t go overkill in accumulating it though because by the time you don’t even reach midway through it, something better in that price range might come along!
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

2. Likes chilly, Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    That’s funny they keep it in the back like it’s something priceless.

Don’t go overkill in accumulating it though because by the time you don’t even reach midway through it, something better in that price range might come along!
    Makes me wonder what other "pro line" products they might have hidden away back there

Post Thanks / Like

If they want to sell the stuff,why hide it?

5. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    Excellent thread here. I’m getting towards the end of 3D pink, which I quite like, but always had GSF and Reset in the back of my mind. Tempted to try them, now to compare prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    First thing you will notice with either Reset or GSF compared to 3D Pink is the runnier pouring consistency. I found 3D Pink to be a fluid film type of foam, so you will also notice thicker foam, GSF in particular.

3D Pink -

Of the three, Reset is the most concentrated with 400 - 500:1 dilution ratio. Carpro suggest 30ml per 15-litre bucket, and I use about 100ml to 900ml of water in a foam cannon. I have seen it foam at a leaner 60 - 80ml quantity as well.

GSF is a weird one because KCx suggest only using 20ml in 980ml of water for a "foam sprayer", but that is well off the mark. Again, I'm at 100 - 120ml of soap in a 1-litre foam cannon. Bucket dilution is said to be 50ml to 10-litres of water.

3D Pink lacks a suggested foam cannon quantity, but one of their videos suggests 2 oz / 60ml of soap to 940 ml of water, I used 100ml into 900ml of water. Bucket washing is 40:1 or 120ml per 10-litres of water.

I mention all of this because on face value, Reset and GSF will be considerably more expensive for you guys.

3D Pink Gallon - $28.95 (that is freaky inexpensive!)
    KCx GSF 4-litre - $89.99
    Carpro Reset 4-litre - $89.99

Out of those, Reset would offer more value because of its more concentrated formula. Cost aside, Reset is pretty close to being the best soap money can buy.

7. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Better and cheaper rarely come together

I think the Adam's soaps come close to that ratio of price vs performance. Car Shampoo (blue), Mega Foam (red) and Ultra Foam (purple) are really nice soaps and all good foamers with great slickness, although I prefer Mega Foam for the scent and thickness of the foam. But the key thing is the price you guys in the US, 16oz bottles ranging from $9.99 to $16.99, gallons from $39.99 to $64.99.

That price equation is nowhere near as attractive for me. All three of those soaps retail at $34.99 for a 16oz bottle, up to an absurd $179.99 for a gallon of Mega Foam. As I said, I really like the Adam's soaps, but price equation is out of balance here and better soaps can be had for less money (Reset and GSF for example).

9. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I think the Adam's soaps come close to that ratio of price vs performance. Car Shampoo (blue), Mega Foam (red) and Ultra Foam (purple) are really nice soaps and all good foamers with great slickness, although I prefer Mega Foam for the scent and thickness of the foam. But the key thing is the price you guys in the US, 16oz bottles ranging from $9.99 to $16.99, gallons from $39.99 to $64.99.

That price equation is nowhere near as attractive for me. All three of those soaps retail at $34.99 for a 16oz bottle, up to an absurd $179.99 for a gallon of Mega Foam. As I said, I really like the Adam's soaps, but price equation is out of balance here and better soaps can be had for less money (Reset and GSF for example).
    Yea heard nothing but good things about Adam’s blue.

11. Likes DFB, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use 2~3oz of Hyperwash in a 5 gallon bucket and it works great for me. I have a pump dispenser attached to the jug and one 1 to 1.5 presses on the pump, so it makes it easy to work with.

The gallon jug is a lot of soap, but since I only use one product for all my vehicles, I just use it until it runs out and then buy another. A gallon will typically last me a couple seasons and I don't have to worry about repeatedly ordering more.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

13. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish a gallon lasted me several seasons. I think if I watch close enough I can make it last for one season. My wash method requires a lot of soap but I haven't had to buy polishes and pads in forever. I'm happy about it.

15. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    First thing you will notice with either Reset or GSF compared to 3D Pink is the runnier pouring consistency. I found 3D Pink to be a fluid film type of foam, so you will also notice thicker foam, GSF in particular.

3D Pink -

Of the three, Reset is the most concentrated with 400 - 500:1 dilution ratio. Carpro suggest 30ml per 15-litre bucket, and I use about 100ml to 900ml of water in a foam cannon. I have seen it foam at a leaner 60 - 80ml quantity as well.

GSF is a weird one because KCx suggest only using 20ml in 980ml of water for a "foam sprayer", but that is well off the mark. Again, I'm at 100 - 120ml of soap in a 1-litre foam cannon. Bucket dilution is said to be 50ml to 10-litres of water.

3D Pink lacks a suggested foam cannon quantity, but one of their videos suggests 2 oz / 60ml of soap to 940 ml of water, I used 100ml into 900ml of water. Bucket washing is 40:1 or 120ml per 10-litres of water.

I mention all of this because on face value, Reset and GSF will be considerably more expensive for you guys.

3D Pink Gallon - $28.95 (that is freaky inexpensive!)
    KCx GSF 4-litre - $89.99
    Carpro Reset 4-litre - $89.99

Out of those, Reset would offer more value because of its more concentrated formula. Cost aside, Reset is pretty close to being the best soap money can buy.
    I have been wanting to try 3D Pink on the suggestions of a few folks on here but I want to buy it in their super concentrated Nano Pails and I have been waiting for warmer weather because the mail carrier leaves bigger packages on the porch and freezing will continue to be a concern for at least another month

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I use 2~3oz of Hyperwash in a 5 gallon bucket and it works great for me. I have a pump dispenser attached to the jug and one 1 to 1.5 presses on the pump, so it makes it easy to work with.

The gallon jug is a lot of soap, but since I only use one product for all my vehicles, I just use it until it runs out and then buy another. A gallon will typically last me a couple seasons and I don't have to worry about repeatedly ordering more.
    Some of the other soaps may Reset and Tac systems mystic bubble are 500:1. Both I don’t feel the need to use more than recommended.

18. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast