autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Soapy Notes

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    My main problem with Meguiar's soaps is the ultra-thick consistency makes dosing harder.
    I can vouch for that, when I poured it into the canon I didn't measure, I just let 4 big "gloops" of it drop in, then filled it with water, it didn't mix at all, the Gold Class just sat at the bottom, separate, so I had to shake the sh1t out of it. I guess it's passed its shelf life.

Sent from my motorola edge 20 fusion using Tapatalk

2. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gold Class was even worse then since the time when I last used it over 20 years ago. The other soap that comes in a gallon that I've been using is 3D Pink. That seems to clump less and has always cleaned decently for me
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never understood the Gold Class hate. Lol.

If it wasn’t for dilution ratio, I’d still be using it today.

IMO there’s no difference between it and Hyper Wash except for dilution ratio and scent.

Hyper Wash has a much better dilution ratio.
    Gold Class has a much better scent.

Sadly, the deciding factor for me comes down to the so called “conditioners”.

5. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some how I think I'm not done pursuing soaps that come in gallons I think the greatest hasn't come to market yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Some how I think I'm not done pursuing soaps that come in gallons I think the greatest hasn't come to market yet.
    I think the greatest is Reset, but it’s a bit pricey.

8. Likes Big Dave, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DFB's Soapy Notes

We need something like or even better than Reset but at a much lower price. I don’t think it exists yet

Post Thanks / Like

So, as I contemplate caving in to peer group pressure and ordering a gallon of Meguiar's Hyper Wash, I'm also curious about Meguiar's D111 Shampoo Plus..................

I'm not entirely sure what separated Hyper Wash and Shampoo plus, save for the obvious color difference. Both appear to have conditioning agents, which is something I tend to avoid.

Shampoo Plus -

The rich, lubricating formula and luxurious foam of Shampoo Plus teams up to gently clean and condition even the most delicate surface without scratching. Its polymer-enriched formula is body shop safe, rinses to a streak free finish, while deepening gloss, boosting shine to leave your paint with a highly reflective, slick finish – all with a pleasant fragrance. This premium quality car wash is perfect choice for those with a number of cars to keep looking their best.

- Gently cleans paint without swirling or scratching
    - Conditioning agents deepens gloss & boosts shine
    - Leaves paint slick to the touch
    Hyper Wash -

Typical dilution rates are obsolete when comparing them with Meguiar’s Hyper-Wash. Using innovative techniques Meguiar’s has created a product that produces rich, stable foam at an unbelievable dilution rate of 400:1. Its biodegradable formula safely and effectively lifts dirt and grime off all surfaces.
    Price wise, Hyper Wash has a full RRP of $95, while Shampoo Plus sits at $66 RRP, which to me suggests Hyper Wash is more concentrated.

At the moment, one outlet has Hyper Wash for $66 which would get it over the line for me.

11. Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DFB's Soapy Notes

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    So, as I contemplate caving in to peer group pressure and ordering a gallon of Meguiar's Hyper Wash, I'm also curious about Meguiar's D111 Shampoo Plus..................

I'm not entirely sure what separated Hyper Wash and Shampoo plus, save for the obvious color difference. Both appear to have conditioning agents, which is something I tend to avoid.

Shampoo Plus -

Hyper Wash -

Price wise, Hyper Wash has a full RRP of $95, while Shampoo Plus sits at $66 RRP, which to me suggests Hyper Wash is more concentrated.

At the moment, one outlet has Hyper Wash for $66 which would get it over the line for me.
    Shampoo Plus is a really nice soap. Everything to love. The scent is A++
    Great bucket foam. Cleaning power is good.
    The only thing is the so called “conditioners”
    Also I believe it’s standard dilution ratio.

Hyper Wash is less exciting as far as scent. These days it’s like I can’t even smell it, or more like it never excited me to begin with… Similar to marrying smart instead of marrying that smoking babe who had great sex every single day twice per day.DFB's Soapy Notes

Hyper Wash dilution ratio is crazy good. Literally 1oz. per 5 gallon bucket and it’s actually less if you want to get exact about it, but 1oz. keeps it simple.

Good everything and everyone says it makes superior foam in a cannon + it’s more friendly in direct sun that most inferior soaps because you’re buying a quality car wash soap.

Megs Hyper Wash doesn’t contain any conditioners. So it won’t alter your current protection. I’m on like my 5th or 6th gallon.

Shampoo Plus = great sex twice per day.
    Hyper Wash = Smart decision.

I miss Shampoo Plus but in my world I have to use Hyper Wash.DFB's Soapy Noteslol.

13. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an unopened gallon of HW. Now I’m just itching to try it

15. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Shampoo Plus is a really nice soap. Everything to love. The scent is A++
    Great bucket foam. Cleaning power is good.
    The only thing is the so called “conditioners”
    Also I believe it’s standard dilution ratio.

Hyper Wash is less exciting as far as scent. These days it’s like I can’t even smell it, or more like it never excited me to begin with… Similar to marrying smart instead of marrying that smoking babe who had great sex every single day twice per day.DFB's Soapy Notes

Hyper Wash dilution ratio is crazy good. Literally 1oz. per 5 gallon bucket and it’s actually less if you want to get exact about it, but 1oz. keeps it simple.

Good everything and everyone says it makes superior foam in a cannon + it’s more friendly in direct sun that most inferior soaps because you’re buying a quality car wash soap.

Megs Hyper Wash doesn’t contain any conditioners. So it won’t alter your current protection. I’m on like my 5th or 6th gallon.

Shampoo Plus = great sex twice per day.
    Hyper Wash = Smart decision.

I miss Shampoo Plus but in my world I have to use Hyper Wash.DFB's Soapy Noteslol.
    Apart from the sex advice, thanks for the detailed response.

I get the feeling Shampoo Plus is a rebranded/recolored bulk version of Gold Class, mainly because of those conditioning agents.

And yes, I have ordered a gallon of Hyper Wash, I'm actually really excited to try it.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast