autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Soapy Notes

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Thank you for all of your insight, Deyon! I know it takes a lot of work to record and post all of this information. After using Gold Class for years (you don't know what you don't know), I'm pretty sold on Reset. I may have to try GSF when my current bottle of Reset runs out.
    Gold Class is good stuff, but it wasn't until I started to branch out from what I knew that I began to understand its drawbacks, namely that gloopy consistency which made it a chore to measure out, the conditioning agents, and the fact that it's waaay overpriced in this country.

Reset vs GSF? You will find Reset will clean better and is much more concentrated, so you tend to use less. GSF is all about user experience, it smells divine, it foams brilliantly and is ultra slick. But you tend to use more GSF per wash, I typically use 100 - 120 ml to 880 - 900 ml of water in a foam cannon, however I know of those using 150 to 200 ml. Reset on the other hand will foam down to 50 ml but I typically use 100ml.

Another way of looking at it, Reset is better for daily drivers, GSF better for garage queens. Both are winners though.

2. Thanks Dirty Harry thanked for this post
    Likes Dirty Harry liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the reviews. Excellent info.

4. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DFB's Soapy Notes

Nice post. NV snow will be on my next soap list. GSF has always rated well and

Have you not use BH AutoWash?

Do you have access to Tac Systems? Their Mystic bubble is up there with Reset for me.

Everything I’ve used you used is mostly spot on.Only thing I disagree with is your Descale and Lift ratings. Probably because of how clean your cars when you wash them, difference in road film and environment.

It for a daily driver that sees grime the just don’t do much to decontaminate. For me worst products Car Pro made which is sad because Reset could be my favorite (back and forth with Mystic Bubble)

I gave lift away felt it was not doing anything more than any PH neutral preFoam I’ve used.

Maybe I should give Descale another try and compare to Purifica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Nice post. NV snow will be on my next soap list. GSF has always rated well and

Do you have access to Tac Systems? Their Mystic bubble is up there with Reset for me.

Everything I’ve used you used is mostly spot on.Only thing I disagree with is your Descale and Lift ratings. Probably because of how clean your cars when you wash them, difference in road film and environment.

It for a daily driver that sees grime the just don’t do much to decontaminate. For me worst products Car Pro made which is sad because Reset could be my favorite (back and forth with Mystic Bubble)

I gave lift away felt it was not doing anything more than any PH neutral preFoam I’ve used.

Maybe I should give Descale another try and compare to Purifica.

NV Snow is up there with Reset on ability, but because of local manufacture, it's extremely well priced in Australia. For example, a 500ml of Snow costs $21.95, a 500ml bottle of Reset $30.75, a 473ml bottle of Meguiars Gold Class is $23.99. So, it has near Reset levels of performance for just on $10 less, while it considerably outperforms Gold Class at that price point.

Interesting comments regarding Descale and Lift. Are you using them solely as a pre-treatment foam without agitation? When I'm using these two, I typically foam Lift over an iron remover as a pre-soak. After rinsing, I then foam Descale onto the car and go in with the contact wash. In that situation, they perform quite well. I have also found either Lift or Descale are much more potent when combined with agitation/contact.

Post Thanks / Like

Lift as a foam, Descale as both.

9. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After searching, it appears we have a single importer of Tac Systems, so I might look into it.

I was sent the three Bilt Hamber soaps, Touchless, Auto Foam and Auto Wash. At this stage, I have only used Touchless.

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    After searching, it appears we have a single importer of Tac Systems, so I might look into it.

I was sent the three Bilt Hamber soaps, Touchless, Auto Foam and Auto Wash. At this stage, I have only used Touchless.
    I really liked there line. Supposedly was CarPro supplier of products. Don’t know if that’s true but was the word around 2019.

We lost our US distributor but everything I used was great.

13. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked there line. Supposedly was CarPro supplier of products. Don’t know if that’s true but was the word around 2019.

We lost our US distributor but everything I used was great.

Some of Tac System's stuff is available for Carzilla in Canada. I bought Mystic Bubble from them last May. Shipping is a bit expensive coming from Canada to the US but not that much more than domestic shipping nowadays. I can't comment on how good it is because I unfortunately haven't gotten around to trying it. The weather this past Summer was not great for washing my car. It was either raining every other day or way too hot. I also have Amour Detail Supply's Shampoo+ to try too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    Some of Tac System's stuff is available for Carzilla in Canada. I bought Mystic Bubble from them last May. Shipping is a bit expensive coming from Canada to the US but not that much more than domestic shipping nowadays. I can't comment on how good it is because I unfortunately haven't gotten around to trying it. The weather this past Summer were not great for washing my car. It was either raining every other day or way too hot. I also have Amour Detail Supply's Shampoo+ to try too.
    Where i got my gallon from. Wanted to try some sio2 products but shipping for small items was exorbitant at time I was looking so just ordered some Siramik graphene coating spray from UK.

Got sooo much stuff I haven’t used in last 2 years that I banned LSP. Just added Rinsless washes, Microfiber and detail brushes to that list…

Post Thanks / Like

felt it was not doing anything more than any PH neutral preFoam I’ve used.

Exact same experience with Lift. Currently use BH Touchless as a pre-wash when necessary.....very happy with it

17. Likes Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast