autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Soapy Notes

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post

I get the feeling Shampoo Plus is a rebranded/recolored bulk version of Gold Class, mainly because of those conditioning agents.
    Shampoo Plus is alot like Gold Class except in color and scent. I love the scent of Gold Class, but Shampoo Plus smells even better.

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    If I don't pull the pump head back up after dispensing an ounce instead of letting the spring slowly push it up I have to make sure I have a "drool cup" under the spout because it slowly pushes out another half a teaspoon or so over the next few hours

Same for me, I found I was wasting too much product forgetting to lock it down.
    These are the pumps I used to use.

Here it is extended, it’s actually longer on the bottom but it’s missing the other piece of plastic tube that connects making it capable of reaching all the way to the bottom of the gallon.

2. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Shampoo Plus is alot like Gold Class except in color and scent. I love the scent of Gold Class, but Shampoo Plus smells even better.

These are the pumps I used to use.

Here it is extended, it’s actually longer on the bottom but it’s missing the other piece of plastic tube that connects making it capable of reaching all the way to the bottom of the gallon.

I’m not sure what brand of pump is in the HW but you can see the measure scoop to catch the drool

I have the same pump on my P&S Express jug and it works better with the thinner liquid

The Auto-Wash pump is a BH product I believe and I have to pump it super slowly or it sprays rather than just dispensing

Honestly I’m about fed up with both of them but I bet I’ve wasted a half cup of AW pouring out of that wide mouth opening

Edited to add: I can't count on either style pump to actually give me an accurate measured amount of product, I still pump into a measuring cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure what brand of pump is in the HW but you can see the measure scoop to catch the drool

I have the same pump on my P&S Express jug and it works better with the thinner liquid

The Auto-Wash pump is a BH product I believe and I have to pump it super slowly or it sprays rather than just dispensing

Honestly I’m about fed up with both of them but I bet I’ve wasted a half cup of AW pouring out of that wide mouth opening

Edited to add: I can't count on either style pump to actually give me an accurate measured amount of product, I still pump into a measuring cup

I stopped using the pump action dispenser because of the wastage. I mean, you only lose a few drips here and there, but its messy and adds up over time.

Perhaps look into a dispenser tap, or the Griot's spouts I posted earlier. I have a couple of taps fitted to NV and Carpro versions, but they are available in different bottle opening sizes, usually from chemical supply companies.

(Links for example)
    FLUXX(R) AH Series Dispensing Taps | U.S. Plastic Corp.
    5 Litre Drum Tap in Lid 38mm | eBay

6. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I stopped using the pump action dispenser because of the wastage. I mean, you only lose a few drips here and there, but its messy and adds up over time.

Perhaps look into a dispenser tap, or the Griot's spouts I posted earlier. I have a couple of taps fitted to NV and Carpro versions, but they are available in different bottle opening sizes, usually from chemical supply companies.

(Links for example)

I am going to look into US sources for this type of spigot

The HW jug might not sit on it's narrow side very well but it will probably be ok propped up by other jugs on each side

Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to look into US sources for this type of spigot

The HW jug might not sit on it's narrow side very well but it will probably be ok propped up by other jugs on each side

Thanks!!!
    I store those bottles upright as I don't like the idea of them on their side and potentially leaking soap all over my cabinet. The main benefit of those taps is I can tip them over, hold the outlet over or in the bottle I'm trying to fill, turn the tap on and then off. Same concept with the Griots spouts, they have a tap built into the spout.

9. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love those griots spouts over those ones that have the valve release. Both I’ve had leaked. Also like them over pump dispenser.

Funny though non fit my Tac Systems Mystic Bubble 5 liter jug.

Think I’ll have to get one from Korea/ Europe.

11. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I store those bottles upright as I don't like the idea of them on their side and potentially leaking soap all over my cabinet. The main benefit of those taps is I can tip them over, hold the outlet over or in the bottle I'm trying to fill, turn the tap on and then off. Same concept with the Griots spouts, they have a tap built into the spout.
    Yeah, I guess my mind is stuck on the big jugs of laundry detergent with the tap dispenser that live on their sides on a shelf, and they are capable of making a mess

Looks like the Griots spouts are getting all the love

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I love those griots spouts over those ones that have the valve release. Both I’ve had leaked. Also like them over pump dispenser.

Funny though non fit my Tac Systems Mystic Bubble 5 liter jug.

Think I’ll have to get one from Korea/ Europe.

Kind of thinking the big mouth Bill Hamber jugs might be in the same boat

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I guess my mind is stuck on the big jugs of laundry detergent with the tap dispenser that live on their sides on a shelf, and they are capable of making a mess

Looks like the Griots spouts are getting all the love

Kind of thinking the big mouth Bill Hamber jugs might be in the same boat
    This is the Bilt Hamber version 5-liter jugs -
    5Ltr Dispensing Tap - Bilt Hamber

14. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

(Links for example)

Do you happen to know the thread diameter on the Reset bottle? The other one looks like common gallon threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Found the best price here along with great shipping prices. 23mm are for 5 liter gtechniq and 4 liter Gyeon
    DIN40 FLUXX(R) Dispensing Tap with 13mm Outlet Spout | U.S. Plastic Corp.
    And 13mm for all universal gallon jugs like Brake Buster:
    DIN61 FLUXX(R) Dispensing Tap with 23mm Outlet Spout | U.S. Plastic Corp.
    Go to checkout like you ready to input your credit card in to see the final shipping costs. Originally it was saying under estimate $16 and then went down to $6
    DFB's Soapy Notes-taps-16__66144-jpg
    DFB's Soapy Notes-taps-17__83304-jpg
    DFB's Soapy Notes-taps-5__30836-jpg
    DFB's Soapy Notes-taps-6__30996-jpg

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast