autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DFB's Soapy Notes

I’m glad you finally tried this and reviewed it

I’d like to add you good people need to quit fighting or staying away from thick soaps in your foam cannons

Keep your good sturdy empty and clean gallon jugs, add enough soap for 4 foam gun loads of finished mix, add a quart of warm to hot water, cap it and shake like hell

Let it sit long enough to de-bubble and top off the jug with warm water added slowly

Give it a gentle shake and you have 4 quick reloads on hand

During the outdoor washing season I keep 2 gallons of this premix and a funnel ready to fill my cannon

Gold Class and Hyper Wash stay in suspension for as long as a jug lasts so you don’t need any more than a gentle swishing around before pouring

It’s also a no brainer if you know ahead of time that you don’t need a full load in your cannon for a small job because there’s no math involved in figuring out how much soap you need for a partial fill

It took longer to write this than it does to actually do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Eldorado2k, DFB thanked for this post
    Likes Eldorado2k, Karl_in_Chicago liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep my gallon jug of pre mixed shampoo on the side ready to refill my foam gun as I’m washing. If the car is dirty enough I have to refill. Having the jug handy makes things go by smoother while washing.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

4. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DFB's Soapy Notes

@DFB. I think your review of Hyper Wash is spot on. Glad you finally got to try it for yourself. It got there quick! [nice spout on the bottle]

6. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That type of spout looks familiar. I swear I have one like that somewhere. I’ll put in on my gallon of HW too
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

8. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    That type of spout looks familiar. I swear I have one like that somewhere. I’ll put in on my gallon of HW too
    I used to have pumps on my gallons, but I stopped using them because they required you to pump them in the downward position in order to fit on my shelf and that was always a chore everytime I needed to dispense product because that downward pump usually created a mess.

10. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I used to have pumps on my gallons, but I stopped using them because they required you to pump them in the downward position in order to fit on my shelf and that was always a chore everytime I needed to dispense product because that downward pump usually created a mess.
    If I don't pull the pump head back up after dispensing an ounce instead of letting the spring slowly push it up I have to make sure I have a "drool cup" under the spout because it slowly pushes out another half a teaspoon or so over the next few hours

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    I’m glad you finally tried this and reviewed it

I’d like to add you good people need to quit fighting or staying away from thick soaps in your foam cannons

Keep your good sturdy empty and clean gallon jugs, add enough soap for 4 foam gun loads of finished mix, add a quart of warm to hot water, cap it and shake like hell

Let it sit long enough to de-bubble and top off the jug with warm water added slowly

Give it a gentle shake and you have 4 quick reloads on hand

During the outdoor washing season I keep 2 gallons of this premix and a funnel ready to fill my cannon

Gold Class and Hyper Wash stay in suspension for as long as a jug lasts so you don’t need any more than a gentle swishing around before pouring

It’s also a no brainer if you know ahead of time that you don’t need a full load in your cannon for a small job because there’s no math involved in figuring out how much soap you need for a partial fill

It took longer to write this than it does to actually do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Excellent tip!

Do you mix with distilled or demineralized water to maintain stability and foaming ability?

13. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I have them on most of my gallons now. (Sorry about the OG connection..........)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Same for me, I found I was wasting too much product forgetting to lock it down.

15. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    Excellent tip!

Do you mix with distilled or demineralized water to maintain stability and foaming ability?
    I don't anymore because the water at the new house doesn't kill foam like places I lived in the past

I tried it both ways last summer and there wasn't enough difference to be noticeable

I do use distilled for RW though, and thankfully I can get it fairly cheaply here, although there are times when the stores are simply out of it and I am not sure why

I use a multi towel (Gary Dean) method with RW and save whatever is left in the bucket and just add too it a gallon at a time so the math is easy

I also use distilled in my IK Foamer with BH Auto-Foam because it really makes a difference with that particular chemical

17. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FYI: I was interested in Koch GSF until I saw Danger: Corrosive on label. Turned the label around and saw in fine print 'Danger Causes Burn, Do not get on skin or clothing. Do not breath fumes Handle with care. Wear rubber gloves and safety glasses. Use only in well ventilated area'. First Ingredient Mention: Sulfuric Acid.
    I think I will pass on this product.

19. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast