autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

P&S Clarity Creme

After a quick search, I couldn't see an official review on this product, so here go's............

P&S Clarity Creme

P&S Double Black Renny Doyle Collection Clarity Creme (autogeek.net)

Over time, glass accumulates a buildup of mineral deposits, water spots and scratches that can't be removed via normal cleaning procedures. These contaminants reduce optical clarity and generally look terrible. P&S Clarity Creme is a polish and deep cleaner for glass, able to easily remove this buildup and deliver a crystal-clear finish.

Traditionally, you would use cerium oxide type products such as Carpro CeriGlass, teamed with a thin rayon pad. If you are dealing with more severe mineral deposits and minor to moderate scratches, these products can be very useful to have on hand. But CeriGlass is a pain to use, being extremely messy in producing copious amounts of splatter and the residue is hard to remove. You also need to provide supplemental cooling/lubrication to better manage heat generated by the thin pads. Because of the extreme abrasiveness, you need to be ultra careful with any splatter that gets onto painted surfaces. Taping plastic and rubber trim is mandatory.

What I love about Clarity Creme is how easy it is to use, both in comparison to CeriGlass, and other medium to heavy cutting compounds too. The runny consistency needs some initial care to avoid splatter, but from then on, its easy to deal with. Taping up rubber trim is probably best advised, but not as critical as CeriGlass, for untrimmed windshields I don't bother. The residue wipe off is brilliantly easy too, especially compared to the smeary mess left by CeriGlass. You will also find a little goes a long way, in terms of performance as well as splatter control.

Clarity Creme can be used by hand or via machine. For machine use, you can team it with a medium to moderate cut foam pad, or even something like the Rupes yellow wool. In my case, I've been using Clarity Creme with a Lake Country SDO blue on 3-inch D/A machine. For edge work, I tend cut in with a 1-inch pad on the iBrid in rotary mode. As with any glass polishing, keep the pad moving to avoid heating up the glass and distorting the lamination.

I struggled polishing glass prior to Clarity Creme. CeriGlass for the above-mentioned reasons, and regular polishes didn't deliver the results I was wanting. Clarity Creme is easy on and easy off, delivery fantastically clear glass as a result.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: P&S Clarity Creme

Great review, thank you.
    Flex 3401 & PE14

3. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ever since I was introduced to Clarity Creme it has been my go to for glass polishing. If this won't get the job done, then the job is above my pay grade. I always use this for a glass coating prep but it's also been great for water spot removal.

5. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I can gather, Clarity Creme seems to fly under the radar, which is a shame because it's a brilliant product. I guess polishing glass doesn't really have prominence in the detailing world.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how far away this product is from the stovetop cleaning creams??
    Never tried it on glass on a car, but it sure polishes up a flattop stove top nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Does it dust?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Does it dust?
    Not really, it stays pretty wet while its being worked, then buffs of quite easily.

Post Thanks / Like

The glass on some cars (windshield/back windows) are treated/glazed to repel water better. Does a product like this affect that at all?
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

11. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

P&S Clarity Creme

I’m surprised I had never heard of this before. Looks useful.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the write up. If you ever get a chance to try McKee's Glass Restorer give it a shot as it is great along with it having citrus cleaners within it.

14. Thanks DFB thanked for this post