autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your favourite smelling products?

Pilsner Urquell

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PNWSam View Post
    NV onyx was on my to-try list. How was your experience with it?
    Did you try any other NV products you like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm from Australia, so I have tried most of the NV line up.

The Good -

Snow - a pH "balanced" soap, smells nice, foams great, cleans great, ultra slick.

Snow+ - an alkaline decon soap, no scent, fantastic foaming and slickness, excellent cleaning/stripping ability.

Purge - an iron remover wheel cleaner, one of the least offensive smelling of its type. This stuff is my go-to iron remover wheel cleaner, its ability is extremely impressive on filthy wheels.

Purify - this is a combined iron-remover and clay lubricant, although I tend to use it as an iron remover only. Again, the least offensive smelling of its type.

Onyx Tyre Dressing - one of my favorite dressings, applies very smoothly and requires minimal working. Longevity is on par with other water-based dressings. Scent is a highlight.

Boost v2 - one of the best ceramic detailers on the market, very forgiving to use with excellent hydrophobics. I prefer this over the older v1 version of Boost.

Cleanse - a foaming leather cleaner that is gentle but effective.

Nourish - a leather and vinyl leather protector. I love this because it produces a lovely soft matte finish without introducing a sickly scent.

The Don't Bother -

Clarity Prep Spray / Glass Cleaner - probably their worst product. It smells and acts like IPA with water and doesn't have the lubrication of something like Eraser.

Jet and Lustre - this is probably controversial, but I have moved away from these two. I never enjoyed the user experience of Lustre, it was very hard to get a clear finish from. Jet I have used more, and while I loved the extreme water behavior, again, it could be hard to work with. Both are variable though, sometimes they apply beautifully, sometimes they are frustrating. I feel like these two products are ready for a new formulation as other companies have caught up and advanced the segment (KCx S0.02, Reload 2.0 or even Can Coat EVO).

Like any brand, there are hits and misses in the range. I think products like Snow, Boost v2, Purge, Clarify, Nourish and Onyx are the ones to look at.

3. Thanks PNWSam, dlc95 thanked for this post
    Likes PNWSam, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, it's Koch-Chemie's ASC (allround surface cleaner) is my favorite. I use it at home and work. Auto only products, my fav is easily Eraser. Koch-Chemie GSF and Adam's car shampoo are great too.

5. Likes PNWSam, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I'm from Australia, so I have tried most of the NV line up.

The Good -

Snow - a pH "balanced" soap, smells nice, foams great, cleans great, ultra slick.

Snow+ - an alkaline decon soap, no scent, fantastic foaming and slickness, excellent cleaning/stripping ability.

Purge - an iron remover wheel cleaner, one of the least offensive smelling of its type. This stuff is my go-to iron remover wheel cleaner, its ability is extremely impressive on filthy wheels.

Purify - this is a combined iron-remover and clay lubricant, although I tend to use it as an iron remover only. Again, the least offensive smelling of its type.

Onyx Tyre Dressing - one of my favorite dressings, applies very smoothly and requires minimal working. Longevity is on par with other water-based dressings. Scent is a highlight.

Boost v2 - one of the best ceramic detailers on the market, very forgiving to use with excellent hydrophobics. I prefer this over the older v1 version of Boost.

Cleanse - a foaming leather cleaner that is gentle but effective.

Nourish - a leather and vinyl leather protector. I love this because it produces a lovely soft matte finish without introducing a sickly scent.

The Don't Bother -

Clarity Prep Spray / Glass Cleaner - probably their worst product. It smells and acts like IPA with water and doesn't have the lubrication of something like Eraser.

Jet and Lustre - this is probably controversial, but I have moved away from these two. I never enjoyed the user experience of Lustre, it was very hard to get a clear finish from. Jet I have used more, and while I loved the extreme water behavior, again, it could be hard to work with. Both are variable though, sometimes they apply beautifully, sometimes they are frustrating. I feel like these two products are ready for a new formulation as other companies have caught up and advanced the segment (KCx S0.02, Reload 2.0 or even Can Coat EVO).

Like any brand, there are hits and misses in the range. I think products like Snow, Boost v2, Purge, Clarify, Nourish and Onyx are the ones to look at.
    Appreciate it brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Zaino products always smelled good to me. Don't use them much any more but always smelled great.

9. Likes PNWSam, DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used it in ages, but Zaino Z-10 - leather in a bottle was always super memorable for me. I had a ride in a car that was treated with it last week and it caused me to try Griot's Fine Leather car scent which reproduces it to a T in my book. I may use it as my new cologne.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar’s NXT 2.0 wax
    Meguiar’s Ultimate Quik Wax
    Adam’s shampoo
    Griots Rinseless with Carnauba.
    PoorBoys Natty’s Red wax

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

12. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hand's down - P&S Xpress Cleaner. I think it's pineapple or something. Unreal.

Low key good smeller - Carpro Reset - subtle, but a favorite.

14. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Iron X! Oh wait, no...

Duragloss 502. I love cherry smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Chocolate

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast