autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Apex Aire stubby nozzle

Figured ok to post as AG does not sell any stubble nozzle or leaf blowers.

You all know about this nozzle and the problem’s with v1. It’s been retooled for v2. Fixed the loosness and attachment issues. It is now what I expected from OG.

Matt thought being an early adopter we should just deal and rebuy if needed. I’ll be honest the after initial unhappiness with fit it actually worked well.

Once I put on I wasn’t gonna pick up by nozzle and although loose it didn’t rattle or jiggle.

The owner, David Beaver, standing by his product wanted to swap out all v1 for v2. He only asked that you send the v1 back so they could test. I thought that was very fair as he paid shipping to me.

One of the reasons was that the Apex Aire stubby was designed for future different attachments and with modifications the future attachments would not fit v1.

This feature was the reason why I chose the Apex stubby and the customer service provided was one of the best experiences I’ve had.

Imagine a company just started standing behind their products like that. Couldn’t be easy. It’s a not the norm nowadays.

I’ll be honest I wouldn’t have paid the shipping back if it was just using the one nozzle. I kinda forgot about the issues as the nozzle never comes off.

Also nice is the tip is rubber so no need for an additional band. This is a definite recommend.

Apex Aire (David) has earned a customer for a life.

V1:

V2:

V1 left V2 right

Trying the attach parts on the different version. Neither fit

Picture of the fit.

2. Thanks Prange thanked for this post
    Likes Prange, SNP209, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Apex Aire stubby nozzle

I never understood the need for this.

I just take the whole nozzle off... works great.
    Is it for looks?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Figured ok to post as AG does not sell any stubble nozzle or leaf blowers.

You all know about this nozzle and the problem’s with v1. It’s been retooled for v2. Fixed the loosness and attachment issues. It is now what I expected from OG.

Matt thought being an early adopter we should just deal and rebuy if needed. I’ll be honest the after initial unhappiness with fit it actually worked well.

Once I put on I wasn’t gonna pick up by nozzle and although loose it didn’t rattle or jiggle.

The owner, David Beaver, standing by his product wanted to swap out all v1 for v2. He only asked that you send the v1 back so they could test. I thought that was very fair as he paid shipping to me.

One of the reasons was that the Apex Aire stubby was designed for future different attachments and with modifications the future attachments would not fit v1.

This feature was the reason why I chose the Apex stubby and the customer service provided was one of the best experiences I’ve had.

Imagine a company just started standing behind their products like that. Couldn’t be easy. It’s a not the norm nowadays.

I’ll be honest I wouldn’t have paid the shipping back if it was just using the one nozzle. I kinda forgot about the issues as the nozzle never comes off.

Also nice is the tip is rubber so no need for an additional band. This is a definite recommend.

Apex Aire (David) has earned a customer for a life.

V1:

V2:

V1 left V2 right

Trying the attach parts on the different version. Neither fit

Picture of the fit.
    Good to hear they looked after you.

I remember when the original was launched, and the issues raised over fitment despite the attachment staying connected. I wanted one for myself, and like you, liked the idea of being able to easily remove and swap to different attachments. I missed the first two batches, and then it was taken back to the drawing board. I didn't want to wait indefinitely, so ordered a 3D printed one from Stubby Nozzle Co. Like others have commented, that thing is not coming off the machine without a fight.

From what I can gather, part of the delay in bringing it back to market was the change from Chinese to US manufacture. That really doesn't make a difference to me in Australia, but hopefully that helps with supply in the USA.

I was only thinking about this a couple of days ago, but I do wonder if Apex have missed the boat with this item, as in the meantime, there have been a number of other companies producing and gaining traction stubby nozzles. Most of those don't have the release tabs like the Apex version, but I think all the exposure from OG during the design stage has perhaps worked against them. I hope I'm wrong because it seems David has put a lot of time and money into it.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post

Is it for looks?
    If you look at the taper in the stubby attachment, basically narrowing the outlet diameter, this helps focus the air output and improve effectiveness. So, you may be getting results without a nozzle attached to your machine, but having the nozzle will make the tool more efficient.

The same situation presents itself with gas powered machines too. For example, a Stihl BG 86 is sold with two lower nozzle attachments. The flat/rectangular version drives the machine to produce a stronger air speed. The simple round version seems to reduce air speed and is less efficient to use on larger paved surfaces.

So, while there is a visual element to fitting a stubby nozzle, there are also practical reasons too.

Post Thanks / Like

Apex Aire stubby nozzle

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post

Is it for looks?
    Nah it’s just what [mention]DFB [/mention] said. It does concentrate air better. If no tip works for you that’s great. Didn’t for me.

Was video I saw somewhere where somebody tried cutting OEM tape be down and didn’t work as well either.

Also rubber tipped if you accidentally bump car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes DFB liked this post