autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Tire Dressing Comparison Thread

Outstanding effort. Thank you.

2. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I have a huge Excel spreadsheet that helps keep track of a number of detailing related topics.

I have pages for detailing chemicals, towels, pads and tools. Each page is broken down into specific categories, with the product listed by name and has a corresponding link to where it was purchased from. I then have notes as needed. These pages document every single product that I have bought over the last few years.

I guess all that makes it sound like I have too much time on my hands. Perhaps, but I tend to do this while I'm watching TV or listening to music.
    I don't think any of those screenshots show a product with notes?

When you take notes, do you have a standard system (like making a template before you start)? Because without I system I found myself noting different things each time i use a product, & then I couldn't make good comparisons.

I guess all that makes it sound like I have too much time on my hands. Perhaps, but I tend to do this while I'm watching TV or listening to music.
    If I don't take notes soon after using a product I worry I will forget things

4. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on my experience and the notes, I’m comfortable knowing my money’s well invested as I continue using Meguiars Hyper Dressing. I still have a small quantity of Carpro Pearl but personally don’t consider it better than D170.

The other 1 that seems similar is Obsessed Garage, but based on everything including the fact that he made it replace Hyper Dressing on his own shelf along with the replacement looking and seeming like an exact copy, yet based on the info being RTU and therefore being even more expensive than what they charge for Hyper Dressing nowadays and still needing additional coats to provide more than a satin look makes me wonder how it could be better. Based on the review it sounds sort of like Hyper Dressing used neat yet lacking gloss? I’ve never used D170 undiluted, but maybe that could be the difference in longevity? I’m fine with where it’s at though.

Great post. Lots of detailed information and great pics as always.The Tire Dressing Comparison Thread

6. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the effort! I have Adam’s Graphene and had Jr used it yet. Hand you gave it 10/10.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

8. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great review, thank you !
    Flex 3401 & PE14

10. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Based on my experience and the notes, I’m comfortable knowing my money’s well invested as I continue using Meguiars Hyper Dressing. I still have a small quantity of Carpro Pearl but personally don’t consider it better than D170.

The other 1 that seems similar is Obsessed Garage, but based on everything including the fact that he made it replace Hyper Dressing on his own shelf along with the replacement looking and seeming like an exact copy, yet based on the info being RTU and therefore being even more expensive than what they charge for Hyper Dressing nowadays and still needing additional coats to provide more than a satin look makes me wonder how it could be better. Based on the review it sounds sort of like Hyper Dressing used neat yet lacking gloss? I’ve never used D170 undiluted, but maybe that could be the difference in longevity? I’m fine with where it’s at though.

Great post. Lots of detailed information and great pics as always.The Tire Dressing Comparison Thread
    Just a small correction, Carpro Perl is what got replaced by OG Tire Dressing.

He was cutting Perl at 1:1 for tires, where as his tire product is used neat. They kept Perl in the store because he couldn't get Hyper Dressing anymore, with Perl being his engine bay dressing now. Not sure what the story is there, Hyper Dressing is still available for you guys elsewhere.

In terms of OG Tire Dressing compared to Hyper Dressing, a couple of notes -

- OG Tire is effortlessly satin but can be applied thicker and with additional coats for more gloss if required.

- Perl Undiluted is pretty glossy too, you would either knock it back very thoroughly or go ahead and dilute it to reduce gloss.

- I have used Hyper Dressing in undiluted form, and it's extremely glossy and will actually sling. While OG Tire and HD share the blue color, the application of HD is probably closer to Perl undiluted than OG Tire, both in product thickness and gloss potential.

I really like using Hyper Dressing, it's so simple to play around with and very adjustable. I think this picture says it all..........................

12. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaced View Post
    I don't think any of those screenshots show a product with notes?

When you take notes, do you have a standard system (like making a template before you start)? Because without I system I found myself noting different things each time i use a product, & then I couldn't make good comparisons.

If I don't take notes soon after using a product I worry I will forget things
    I write product reviews within an hour or two after usage, so I have a large catalogue of information and thoughts to refer back to. For products that I have used for a number of years on a regular basis, those thoughts are front of mind and tend to provide a reference point for new products to be compared to.

14. Thanks vaced thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the reply.

16. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually like this product very much.

No oily looking tire walls, no mess, just a look of a new, fresh tire.
    Instead of sponge, I used a brush (my preferred method with tire dressing )

The Tire Dressing Comparison Thread-img_6658-jpg
    Flex 3401 & PE14

18. Thanks DFB thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using this for awhile now:

nextzett Vinyl Rubber Extra- Vinyl Rubber Plastic Protectant

Maybe in your next test.

20. Likes DFB liked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast