autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Pro's Reload 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    I have Kamikaze Cleansing on hand and will use that followed by Cquartz Lite.
    Have you ever used Gyeon Can Coat? Curious how it and Cquartz Lite compare to each other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert31 View Post
    Have you ever used Gyeon Can Coat? Curious how it and Cquartz Lite compare to each other.
    I have. Lasted well over a year. It appears they are very similar but CC Evo is now likely the better product between the two. Can't go wrong with either.

3. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm a long-time CQ Reload user looking for something different. I've had great experiences with GTechniq EXO, and wondering if anyone has experience with with this: Ceramic Sealant for Cars: C2 Ceramic Sealant UV Protection: Gtechniq

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=DFB;1771860]The new Reload 2.0 is a incremental improvement on the original.

Compared to the original, Reload 2.0 is easier to apply with less streaking and less wiping required to deliver a clear finish. You would still use two towels for application though.

After application, the gloss and slickness were certainly very pleasing, the water behavior is great too.

Longevity is said to be improved, be that as a topper or standalone. To me, I don't think its realistic to expect something like this to last a long time, and with the easy application, that really isn't a problem in my opinion.

As Guz mentioned, the improvement is not light years ahead of the original, but the changes are worthwhile and noticeable, to me at least.

My go to topper.

6. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the release of this a while ago...and was intrigued. Then I saw the price for a bottle (average price I saw was $35/bottle 17 oz.). I would think there are a lot of better products for less money out there. I had major streak issues with v1.0, so unless this is drastically improved, then I will pass. Thanks for the review

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

Shoutout to CarPro for making a clear naming/bottling distinction so there's no wondering what version/formula you have (Yes, ONR "New Formula!", I'm looking at you...)

9. Likes CleanIT, DFB, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Rsurfer;1779339]
    Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    The new Reload 2.0 is a incremental improvement on the original.

Longevity is said to be improved, be that as a topper or standalone. To me, I don't think its realistic to expect something like this to last a long time, and with the easy application, that really isn't a problem in my opinion.

As Guz mentioned, the improvement is not light years ahead of the original, but the changes are worthwhile and noticeable, to me at least.

My go to topper.
    That's all that matters. If you enjoy using it, then use it. 99% of most spray sealants only last weeks to a few months AT MOST. Especially in terms of hydrophobicity. Sealants will always lose their hydrophobics after a few weeks. But the positive is they are easy to apply and you can just use them after every other wash.

After I apply cquartz light i may try Reload. Not concerned about durability with a spray sealant.

11. Likes Rsurfer, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
    I saw the release of this a while ago...and was intrigued. Then I saw the price for a bottle (average price I saw was $35/bottle 17 oz.). I would think there are a lot of better products for less money out there. I had major streak issues with v1.0, so unless this is drastically improved, then I will pass. Thanks for the review
    On the other hand, a 500ml bottle of Reload is going to last a very long time, a little goes a long way.

13. Likes CleanIT, Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=CleanIT;1779382]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

That's all that matters. If you enjoy using it, then use it. 99% of most spray sealants only last weeks to a few months AT MOST. Especially in terms of hydrophobicity. Sealants will always lose their hydrophobics after a few weeks. But the positive is they are easy to apply and you can just use them after every other wash.

After I apply cquartz light i may try Reload. Not concerned about durability with a spray sealant.
    I'm glad someone see's it from this angle too.

I have the same sentiments with Bead Maker. The way it makes paint look and feel is enough for me, if it washes off at the next wash, because I use it (and others) as a drying aid, who cares how long it lasts.

15. Likes CleanIT, Rsurfer, Tbonem3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied Reload 2.0 on top of Cquartz Lite. Bumped up the gloss a bit to the naked eye and added slickness. It beads well too. Nice product.

17. Likes Rsurfer, DFB liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast