autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dr Beasley’s Bead Hero

2,months later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    I've used Cancoat a couple of times and liked it a lot. My bottle is about 3 years old now, so who knows if it's actually useable anymore. It's still liquid but seems a bit thicker than when new. Most likely it'll be very grabby to wipe off now.

Maybe in this thread or somewhere else I said that I like trying different toppers for my coatings. Currently 22PLE HPC applied this past July and before that Cancoat for two years. I like trying new things and sometimes the product doesn't meet my expectations. Kamikaze Overcoat v3.1 has been my go to, but I've also tried Polish Angel High Gloss, Sonax BSD, Diamond ProTech Quick Body, Gtechniq c2v3, and others. I've never wanted to try Griot's 3-in-1 because while it's durable it's hydrophobics are not up to par for me. Sonax's new ceramic detailer looks to be excellent and I'll admit to overlooking it.

The shipping for the SiRamik was around $56 with Royal Mail International, but I also bought their shampoo and tire dressing (a while you're there kind of thing). Figured while I'm spending this much I might as well try a few other things. I kind of wish I had also bought their drying aid but I already have and like NV Nova Boost. I contact them through Facebook and they were more than happy to set up an international order. I knew shipping was going to be expensive so it wasn't outside of my expectations.

The 22PLE coating I applied in July took a major hit from the Upstate NY winter. Carpro's 3PH wash helped but didn't do anywhere near enough. There is still greatly reduced beading overall, lower panels are only sheeting, yet the self cleaning is still pretty good. Now I'm hoping Labocosmetica's will do better when I try it this weekend. Even if it does help, a more long term spray coating I apply two or three times a year is what I'd prefer to go back to for now like I did with Cancoat for a couple of years. Cancoat is very nice but its lack of slickness is a big downside for me. I also don't like that I get way more product than I could ever use leading to the majority of it going to waste. It'd be great if Gyeon sold a 100ml version. With the SiRamik spray coating I'll get as good hydrophobic performance, self cleaning, and durability while getting a product that's extremely slick and won't go to waste. Yes, it cost me a lot more but I've spent more money on products I don't have a need for anymore such as the multiple Polish Angel products on my shelf. PA High Gloss and Supersport two name two, while nice products to use, lack any kind of durability for how much they cost.
    Have you seen infinity waxes spray coating? It comes in 100ml and you can get it in Canada. I might get it when i'm finished playing around with my bottle of cancoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Have you seen infinity waxes spray coating? It comes in 100ml and you can get it in Canada. I might get it when i'm finished playing around with my bottle of cancoat.
    I have not. I'm set for the next couple of years with SiRamik Lustrous Plus Graphene because the performance, slickness, and gloss are insanely good. My car had it's first wash a couple of weeks ago and the water behavior is full blown coating level. I'll try to get some pictures next time I wash my car.

4. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched a few videos of this product, and the water behavior is interesting. It's not a sheeting or ultra-high beading product. It actually appeared to be what they claim in that the beads are larger, so they move off the surface faster. There was noticeably less water on the surface in some of the comparisons I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIT View Post
    I watched a few videos of this product, and the water behavior is interesting. It's not a sheeting or ultra-high beading product. It actually appeared to be what they claim in that the beads are larger, so they move off the surface faster. There was noticeably less water on the surface in some of the comparisons I've seen.
    In my testing on hood it didn’t sheet water off faster than any of the other 3 products I used. Came in 4th and even 4 yr old PA cosmic ((supposed 2 yr shelf life) beat it.

I did an abc wash but did not clay or polish so maybe there’s that but all 4 products went in hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks CleanIT, Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345