autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Biodegradable Nitrile Gloves

I don't see that AG sells biodegradable gloves so I'm hoping it is okay to mention this here.

Showa's biodegradable gloves are _finally_ back to the lower price that they were 3 years ago. This is currently only on the large size. I've been using these gloves for some time now. According to articles, these gloves breakdown in about 1 year. This is opposed to normal nitrile gloves that take hundreds of years. I think about all of the gloves that we must use in a day... and then multiply that by 365.

These are a _little_ more expensive then non-biodegradable gloves but in my case, I don't mind spending the extra $2 per box. For those detailers who do a lot of work, this may impact your bottom line, I get that.

Amazon.com

I'm not trying to take away from AG's sales... it just means a lot to me that perhaps people consider gloves that breakdown more quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Biodegradable Nitrile Gloves

Quote Originally Posted by tcope View Post
    I don't see that AG sells biodegradable gloves so I'm hoping it is okay to mention this here.

Showa's biodegradable gloves are _finally_ back to the lower price that they were 3 years ago. This is currently only on the large size. I've been using these gloves for some time now. According to articles, these gloves breakdown in about 1 year. This is opposed to normal nitrile gloves that take hundreds of years. I think about all of the gloves that we must use in a day... and then multiply that by 365.

These are a _little_ more expensive then non-biodegradable gloves but in my case, I don't mind spending the extra $2 per box. For those detailers who do a lot of work, this may impact your bottom line, I get that.

Amazon.com

I'm not trying to take away from AG's sales... it just means a lot to me that perhaps people consider gloves that breakdown more quickly.
    I don’t mind paying a little extra but for XL there double what I pay from HF and their pretty thin at 4 mil. You do have me thinking about it though and will shop around for BD gloves when I need more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Biodegradable Nitrile Gloves

It's great to know that Showa's biodegradable gloves are finally back to a lower price point, and it's even better that they break down in just a year compared to hundreds of years for regular nitrile gloves. I think it's important to consider the impact we have on the environment, even in small things like the gloves we use every day. I also want to suggest checking out the raven black nitrile gloves from https://harmonycr.com/raven-black-nitrile-glоves/. They're not biodegradable, but they're made with recycled materials and are more durable than regular nitrile gloves, so they can last longer and reduce the need for frequent replacements.